Posts by stilllogicz

P95 blend with 80-90% ram for 24 hours has never failed me in the past. I would highly recommend you try this. Keep in mind you can still browse the web and such while testing, just no gaming.
In the back of my mind I figured this wouldn't be worth it. I'm just really wanting to upgrade and the only logical upgrade would be one of the 6 core sandy's. Not interested in spending 1k on a CPU when I could throw in a few hundred extra and get me a pair of 780's watercooled.
I'm late to the party but I'm debating upgrading my 2500k (specs in sig). Haswell seems to be a major letdown so I settled on a 3570k Ivy. Apparently delidding offers some amazing temp drops so all in all, do you think this upgrade would be worthwhile for gaming on a watercooled setup?
Has anyone done any benchmark/reviews on this card yet? I can't seem to find any on the net. Maybe someone can do some 1440p benchmarks who have the card, that would be awesome!
Not sure if this question was for me, I play on a 46" plasma right now with a lightning 7970 oc'd to 1215 MHZ. 1080p and ultra, 60 fps solid on every game.
Thanks for the all the info! I've pretty much been doing that and I'm pretty sure 2 overclocked 780's will fit the bill for the foreseeable future.
Spent hours researching, ended scrapping the overlord monitor plan and instead purchased a QNIX QX2710.
Here is the particular monitor I had in mind: Unfortunately, according to the lightboost research I have done, this monitor is not compatible to use said feature. Nor are there any 1440p monitors that are, I'd have to settle for 1080p @ 120hz for lightboost. Here's the biggest thing though, I've been on the fence about it as well, 1080p @ 120hz with lightboost...
1440p @ 120hz is the monitor capability, it's the one from overlord. If I understand correctly a 120hz monitor is capable of displaying up to 120 FPS without screen tear. So technically, if I'm gaming @ 1440p but can only achieve, let's say 100-110 FPS, it would still much more fluent than 60 fps. Is my notion correct?
While it would be ideal to hit 120 fps I understand that a ridiculous amount of money would have to spent. Honestly, if it can even maintain above 100 fps that would be awesome considering I've only ever played on 60hz monitors. The increase alone should be worthwhile. I'm waiting on the 780 classy to be released to see the price, although I assume it would cost in the 700-750 dollar range.