Posts by stilllogicz

I had my sights set on getting two 780's to SLI (possibly even the classifieds when they come out) but I noticed today that the 680 classifieds are priced much lower now. Obviously the 780's would be the best bet but from an economical standpoint, would two 680 classy's (OC'd of course) be able to run current games on max settings, 1440p and anywhere close to 120hz? [edit] Just found out the 770 classy's are out. Same price point as the 680 classy (roughly), guess the...
Does anyone out there have any experience with this situation?
Hello everyone. I've done alot of googling to try to fix this problem but just haven't been able to solve it yet. I'm using a 7970 Lightning and what I'm trying to achieve is 2 profiles that will manage the 2D clocks (which is set to the default 1070Mhz) and the 3D clocks (my overclock settings). I've disabled ULPS and in the afterburner config: UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI...
So all in all, the better solution would be to get of those nice external DAC's and connect it via the optical out from my existing sound card and then connect my speakers to the DAC? Or would it be better to remove the sound card to have less stuff in my chassis and just use the onboard realtek connected via optical out to the DAC?
I won't be using it for headphones as I have the logitech g930's which I only use for voice chat. I'm just looking for a legit sound card to power the SP2500 speakers.Also I never heard of those DAC's before. I'm guessing the DAC basically eliminates the need for a soundcard since it does post processing of the sound and directs it to the speakers. So which is the better method to better sound quality, a DAC or a sound card?
Hello OCN community. I recently purchased a set of the Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers. I'm now looking for a top notch sound card. I was browsing around Newegg and noticed some of them only had stereo outputs only, such as the Asus Xonar Essence, while others had all the way to 7.1 I don't know much about sound cards but I noticed 24 bit and 192 khz seems to be the highest newegg offers. Currently I have a HT Omega Striker which just seems to deliver weak sound. So...
Thanks, I guess I didn't search hard enough, I just found exactly what I was looking for, I'll repost it here in case anymore else is looking for the same: Open the registry: Start > Run > regedit In the registry go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Control Panel \ Personalization \ Desktop Slideshow The value assigned to "Interval" should be modified. By double clicking on it there is a window that appears. Select Decimal and set the time (in milliseconds). For a 10 seconds delay...
So with my every growing wallpaper collection (343 and counting) a thought popped into my head. Is there a config file or something that I can modify that will allow me to change the amount of time before a wallpaper changes to a custom amount (like 15-20 seconds)? Currently there is only 10 and the next is 30 seconds. I tried googling but didn't come up with anything worthwhile so I figured I'd ask the pros over here.
Everything seems to be working fine and games are running even better than before, so what I did was use the ATIman uninstaller and removed all drivers and software, got rid of AB, did a fresh clean reinstall of the new beta drivers and then reinstall AB. I'll report back if anything changes but thanks to everyone helped out. +repped.
Any info about the 2d profile thing I posted above?