Posts by tubers

I wish the numpads were physical but whatever. EDIT: s2pd me. That flipping pad seem nice.
First thing I though was PS4K when people were talking about the PS4.5 from earlier articles lol. If not this PS4K, I wonder when we'll see Wide Color Gamut and HDR for games (HDMI 2.0a/2.1).. no not the current HDR techniques in games that are used for non HDR/WCG/Dolby Vision TVs. Wonder what would be more acceptable to more gamers native 4K PS4 games or 1080p with WCG/HDR/DV if only one's more likely due to storage/bandwidth restrictions?
UF6450 isn't even a "real" 4K if that matters and isn't chroma 4:4:4. Youtube samsung's pr video "What is true 4K" or go to rtings and look at the 6400 to 6800 LG line. ALso stick here if you want a good deal. IMO much better site for tv deals compared to avs or here in ocn: http://slickdeals.net/deals/tv/ If you want to insist with the 6450, it's been $ 515 at several walmarts, just need to check your walmart brickseek/local walmart...
Thanks. Don't have a 4k set but appreciate the info for future reference.
Got the E32-C1. Works so far. Minor dirty screen effect. There's some image retention issues but goes away. Activates quickly and worse than my plasma from 4 years ago. It also produces 6+ line trails with your previous UFO site test. (using moving vertical line only). Is getting easy image retention also a tell tale sign of PWM?
I have a feeling it'll come back.. maybe after HDR, WCG (rec 2020) and 8K are BR/movie standards.
Thanks.The Acer is really going to be returned because I'd rather put the money towards a TV or a new GPU but Walmart store opened it when I tried to return it initially but told me I'd only be getting store credit and not credit back towards my PayPal. I said no.I might as well try it when they opened it. I didn't want to open it in the first place though and just want to send it back brand new.Walmart said I'd still be getting full refund and the FedEx guy should arrive...
Probably TV: 55x810c Sony = $ 799 yesterday, tax free, ebay, buydig = well rounded, 4:4:4 M60-C2 Vizio = 4:2:2 only, $ 699, walmart, YMMV = good input lag, larger, cheap Maybe get lucky with a JS8500 on clearance for ~$ 1000; before all 2016 Sammys are available in the market.
Is the horizontal interlacing supposed to be natural?Turtle? The one you linked:http://hardforum.com/threads/best-reviewed-a-mva-monitor-thread-read-the-1st-post.1803228/page-8#294...The turtle - I don't know the origins of this image, but I found it on this forum years ago. In simple terms, I think you want to see as much of this image as possible without being able to detect the slightly-above-black rectangle that is located in the bottom left corner. View the image...
Thanks again.So for "proper colors" I shouldn't be seeing the turtle's underbelly, nor the background branches?Also, I just played Gears 2 through Xbox One with Full. As I move my head, face on different parts of the screen, black details disappear becoming light grey.If my head is smack dab center, I cannot see dark details at the edges of the monitor.. when I put my face smack dab at the edge(s), the details appear but everywhere else, the details are lost. This isn't...