Posts by Oklahoma Wolf

Not a bad plan. The PCB is marked for up to 2kW, but that won't ever happen in North America, and the Leadex design is more than adequate (not to mention smaller) at lower power levels.
Everything up to the main switchers. Still not sure what's going on with the PFC section and only the one non heatsinked 30A bridge rectifier.
Mine was right on the edge. Better from a marketing standpoint to have only a few Gold units that hit Platinum than a bunch of Platinum units that only hit Gold.
Some seriously tempting prices here... might have to give one of those 290s a home next week if I can get some cash together. And we're both in Canada, so that's even better. Meantime, free bump for you!
If you ask me, they're at Corsair's gates with a battering ram right now. Nothing touches those SF Leadex based units of theirs for sheer performance for the dollar. Nothing. As long as Superflower can keep up with demand, EVGA's going to be a threat for quite a while.Won't happen unless the UL says the 1700 is ok for North America.The big MaxRevo/Platimax units were untouchable at the 1500W zone until that gigantic Corsair arrived. They are still far better values...
Really? Works fine for me at my other job. Worked at home too before I left.
Just a teeny tiny little bit - not enough to impact the scoring.Yesterday - you'll probably have to get it right at the Corsair site for now though. Not sure if any retailers have it listed yet.
I'm actually trying to remember to be a little more lenient on the manuals lately. On one hand lots of documentation is nice but then you get Silverstone units with manuals made from whole forests of trees. But on the other end of the scale you have Antec who doesn't actually seem to worry about good documentation all that much. Gets frustrating to open a box for a premium product and all you see is "here, we made you a photocopy of a product overview."Actually, that's...
It's the total lack of competition... my eyes bugged out a bit too the first time I saw that number. One of these costs more money than I currently make in a month.That's why I say we need the competition. EVGA's already learned what to do and what not to do. If any company can do it, it's that one.
Thanks! It's a ton of work, for sure.My AX1500i sample is completely refusing to make me that burger I wanted. I had to go to a restaurant to get one. Something really needs to be done about that.But seriously, I knew the "you're biased!!!" posts would be coming the moment I couldn't find anything to complain about on this thing. Not going to waste my Wednesday evening worrying about it. Merely, I will refer everyone to my review of the EVGA NEX1500 and then point out that...