Posts by paulerxx

I dislike people who say you can get a video card for price x, yet you can't lol. Just because YOU got a deal from someone on Craigslist doesn't mean everyone else has that option.
I hate dual video cards....Useless in 90% of games, and even when they're aren't useless the micro stutter ruins the benefit of higher frame rates.
thinking back..2004-2005 were golden years for first person shooters. HL2, F.e.a.r., Battlefield 2, Doom 3, Far Cry, Halo 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Call Of Duty 2, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Medal Of Honur Pacific Assault , Counter Strike Source, Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 and Quake 4. 2017 here we come? HL3, Counter Strike 2, Team Fortress 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Day Of Defeat 2....Just from Valve, LETS GO BOYYYYYYYYYS!
F.e.a.r. is definitely the best game out of those listed, but Half Life 2 had better visuals than Doom 3 and Far Cry in a lot of areas. Half Life 2 had THE best character models at the time, although weak textures. Doom 3 had amazing shadow quality, weak lighting though and the character models were average. F.e.a.r. = HL2 + Doom 3 = visuallyF.e.a.r.'s soft shadows were incredible for the time. Use to destroy videos...
375.70 is the latest stable release for me, some people are fine with the newest set of drivers, others aren't. So honestly you're going to have to try them out.
How much has the IPC increased since Ivy Bridge...Like 30%?
I have a i5 3570 with a 3GB GTX 1060 and I have yet to see a single bottleneck...60fps in any game I want to play.Vsync helps if you have a weaker CPU.The WitcherRise Of The Tomb RaiderGTA VShadow Warrior 2Halo 5...and the list goes on.
After downgrading back to 357.70, everything is running fine again. Was running The Witcher 3.
Only problem is when I set in Nvidia setting Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance it doesn't jump to max clocks... In fact...When I game now, core clocks only reach 1577 (stock I believe, even with a overclock....) Nvidia fix your goddamn drivers! So they fixed memory clocks but messed up core clocks? What is wrong with them! First set of drivers causing problems for me. I've seen core clocks as low as 700 with MAX performance... Avoid imo edit: had to...
Did he just compare GTX 1060 to a RX 480 in Vulkan?