Posts by Mwarren

lol, they should introduce heroes to LotV and call it WC4.They are dumbing down the game way too much. Macro is going to be hardly important at all now. Now it will mostly be about who has better micro.
I consider casuals those under GM. I myself am a casual but am currently in Plat. However, I was top Masters for almost all of 2011, 2012, and 2013 and have beaten GM's.Even at the Masters level drops will be devastating as most even in Masters can not defend drops well. Hell, even on the professional levels as long as you have good micro early game harass is and always will be viable. This change is only making my aggressive harass based play style even stronger.I'm...
The game will actually have a faster pace when "casuals" get worker harrassed and lose 6-10 workers early on and are forced to GG out.You could always open up marine/hellion drop into mech play or just fast banshee into standard mech play.Mine drop is just one early game harass build out of many.
The changes are actually making the game more difficult for casuals. Do you know how easy it will be to win games now using builds that harass workers early on?Mine drops followed up with banshees will probably be how I open every game if this change really goes into effect in LotV. Worker harass will become way too effective throughout the game and it will be nearly impossible to come back now as Terran or Protoss if any worker harass is not dealt with immediately.The...
This might sound stupid but oh well, straight up bio is very strong against mech. The only catch is that you must be ahead upgrade wise with your bio units at all times and you must have amazing micro (marine splitting and able to control multiple small armies simultaneously). Straight up bio is very strong especially once the double upgrades kick in. You can be all over the place at once and do a lot of damage with bio drops. If you can split really well you can also...
Hopefully LotV really puts the competitive scene back on the map again. I'm looking forward to giving SC2 one last good run as me and Doom were top masters for most of WoL. I think what held me back was that I would just grind playing non stop without ever refining my builds, analyzing replays, nor working on my strengths or working on increasing my apm. Right now drops are really strong as Terran in HOTS and LotV. If someone can just learn to drop all over the place...
Personally I'm a hunt and peck typer (although I have each key stored in my muscle memory so I don't need to look at the keyboard while typing.) I'd benefit more from a keyboard that has much larger keys. Sometimes when I go from one unit selection to another it takes longer and I might miss the key a couple times a match since the number keys are so small. That can and has cost me games.
I'm currently running a 5-6 year old GTX260 216 and am quite happy with the graphical power that this card has. However, I was disappointed when I bought State Of Decay (A game I'm very interested in) and found out the GTX260 does not support DX11. With that being said, I'm looking for a card within the $150 range, preferably an Nvidia card since in my opinion and experience their drivers and support are superior to AMD/ATI's. I'd like to have a card that is at least...
Wow, the graphics in that game must be out of this world than. I was looking into getting a new GPU but just so that I can play DX11 games (probably going to pick up the 750TI). From what you know would a 750ti be able to handle The Witcher 3 at 1080p even on the lowest settings?
Nice, I'll probably preorder to get into the beta then.The idea that tournaments will be built into the user face sounds really nice as well.You use a mechanical keyboard right Doom? Have you heard of any mechanical keyboards that had keys that are larger in diameter? I'm thinking about getting a mech keyboard but want something that has keys that are easier to locate (bigger).