Posts by kevindd992002

How does the MSI Gaming X compare to the Zotac AMP! Extreme based on board and components quality? I will eventually be replacing the stock cooler of whichever 1070 I buy with an AIO so I'm contemplating between the two cards. The MSI has a baseplate that serves as a heatsink for almost all the front PCB components. The Zotac will make me need to install aluminum heatsinks to the vRAM chips and the MOSFETs but that would be no problem for me at all as I've done this with...
Ok, great. I have the first iteration of the Hybrid Cooler, the one with the shroud so I think we're thinking about the same thing.
How does the MSI Gaming X compare to the Zotac AMP! Extreme based on board and components quality? I will eventually be replacing the stock cooler of whichever 1070 I buy with an AIO so I'm contemplating between the two cards. The MSI has a baseplate that serves as a heatsink for almost all the front PCB components. The Zotac will make me need to install aluminum heatsinks to the vRAM chips and the MOSFETs but that would be no problem for me at all as I've done this with...
You have good points and I would really want to get the MSI if not for these gotchas:1.) In our country, the price difference between the Zotac AMP! Extreme and the MSI Gaming X would be around $106.2.) The warranty for Zotac is 5 years and the MSI has only 3 years.I know the baseplate seems to provide better cooling to the front PCB components overall, but will it even make a difference? I care less if I experience "inconvenience" in installing the aluminum heatsinks. I...
MMakes sense. So the MSI adds up on my list of choices then. Any known problems with the MSI? My dilemma now is which would produce better temps, the baseplate in the MSI for the VRAM and VRM or the VRM in the Zotac coupled with my own aluminum heatsinks for the remaining VRAMs?
I thought Manuel said that there will be a newer driver that will have a "better" Hotfix as mentioned in this post: http://www.overclock.net/t/1605618/ongoing-pascal-latency-problems-hotfix-doesnt-work-for-everyone/1340#post_25468937I wouldn't accept turning off C states as a permanent solution to this as that feature is important for me.
Since I live in a tropical country (33C ambient temps), then an AIO will really do me good. This is considering the temperature throttle points of these cards as well.Is the EVGA ACX the only one that has a baseplate for the VRM and Memory? Does it efficiently act as a heatsink for those modules? Its price is the same as the regular AMP.EDIT:I also noticed that based here, there are actually 4 protruding small metals in the square area around the GPU core. Wouldn't those...
Ok so is there even a remote chance that if I go with the AMP! Edition, I can overclock it further than the AMP! Extreme?
Well, for conversation's sake you specifically asked if the new driver is already out, so the answer to that is the WHQL driver that contains the particualr Hotfix is not yet out.
This is for the regular AMP and not the AMP Extreme, correct?