Posts by jackeyjoe

To an extent. A decent photographer should be able to get awesome looking photos no matter the gear they have, they just keep it within the gears limitations. Fancier gear just gives you more options to get the photo you want, which you can't really appreciate until you already have those skills. For example, I'd tried some some night shots with my D7000 and didn't really have much success, tried again with my D610 and ended up with stars behind a lit building from a...
Time to say goodbye to iOS... Pretty much been my setup on my 5S for the last three years, plus or minus a few changes here and there. Now, back into android! Bought a Pixel XL yesterday, need to get into figuring out how to theme it effectively. Despite the restrictions, iOS was easy to theme when jailbroken and did it really well(android didn't when I had my Galaxy S3).
I was sure I wasn't the first, but if you haven't ever used a full frame camera the improvements really can't be quantified until you have one in your hands. Low light is now no longer much of a factor, it practically needs to be black to not be able to get shots
Soooo I made the jump to full frame. Bought a D610 second hand(impulse buy, came up locally for a reasonably price), 30k actuations on the clock so plenty left in it(I don't go crazy, 10k a year maybe? Should still get a few years out of it). The difference in low light is absolutely astounding compared to my D7000, I can easily get shots I used to struggle with. The resolution bump from 16MP to 24MP is a nice change too, I can actually crop photos and have them look good....
Yeah, I'm surprised someone hasn't done it, must obviously not be possible(or not very easy to do)? I tell you, it makes me consider staying with iOS when my next upgrade comes around...Yeah, modified APK's, which really is pretty limited as it's only stock apps and maybe a few extra, you won't get your banking app blacked out for example.
You CANNOT brick an iphone from jailbreaking, you can always restore through DFU mode if something does go wrong(which is very rare). Once you are jailbroken you can do some stupid stuff that can brick it, but not during the jailbreak process.
I know there was a team that released modified APK's for common apps that made them dark themed, however there is nothing universal as far as I know(I did some googling and nothing came up either). This tweak on iOS (Eclipse 2) works in every app, all stock apps work well and most look fine(some simply don't work due to messy UI, like the facebook app).
It's funny, I switched a bit after jellybean was released, although definitely similar to how it is today they hadn't tidied it up with material design at that point. It looks a heap more consistent now, I'm still not sure if it's at the stage where it can compete with ios though(purely from a consistency standpoint). Plus I prefer theming on ios, although it can be a headache to set up once you get it set up it generally works well, unlike the majority of theming I did on...
I've felt left out since switching to an iphone How is android theming going these days? They seemed to have tightened up the UI a heap since I switched to the dark side
This is an old thread, but eh. 1. Unless you really want the advantages of having tweaks there really isn't much point in jailbreaking, there is few if any performance gains from it. Wiping it will probably do a heap more than just jailbreaking(although if it was me I'd do both). 2. TaiG has released the latest jailbreak for 8.3/8.4, I just switched over yesterday from 8.1 myself(iphone 5S). Haven't made my mind up whether it was worth it yet, I am lucky to get a day out...