Posts by jackeyjoe

3/10, simply because it's too low resolution for me to be able to see anything in a remotely reasonable resolution.
Bit too far south I think, only have 6 days and I'd rather spend about as much time in the car as I am out of it(aside from sleeping of course), wasn't thinking of going any further south than San Francisco if at all possible, then head back east(looking at going through northern Nevada, southern Idaho and back into Washington). Basically, not sure where to go specifically, my friend and I haven't been into America before and have no idea where to go really. I'd like to...
Okay guys, right now I am in British Columbia, but am thinking of going on a road trip along the west coast of the US(and a bit more inland for the trip back up, not exactly sure where we are going to go yet). Anybody know some places I must visit? I will have my D7000 with me and plan to take plenty of photos, so any recommendations would be amazing!
I've had reasonable success with my 50mm in low light, although it's not ideal you can usually get something for your camera to focus on, and try to use ambient light as best as possible. It saves you always trying to find something to bounce your flash off Here are a few I took just with ambient light a few months ago:Those are the only two I can post, but I think you get the point. Most events will have lights of some description around, use them to your advantage
I played with a D610 in a shop a few weeks ago, it made me want to upgrade already In other news, saw a D750 in the wild a few days ago, was doing some photos at a school event, a parent has one with a kit lens on it. Made me kinda sad to see that sort of body with a kit lens...
Much like mobile devices, more pixel density looks better, I am sure MS will get their scaling right soon enough with high density monitors becoming popular. This looks like the next u2711, and probably will be my next monitor although only once it gets to below $1000
Currently own a surface pro 2, iphone and desktop. If the surface team came up with an elegant solution similar to this in a future revision I could see myself going down to two devices in the future... the only reason I still have a desktop is because of photo editing and games which are both very GPU limited(oh and tinkering, but I don't do that much these days). If I could cut it down to two I would be very happy, it would simplify a lot of stuff... and if anybody can...
You can actually get away with a lot of stuff with 6"x4", you don't have to nail the focus perfectly and high ISO's don't matter too much as you can't really see the noise. I have a wall covered in prints that size, it is really nice having the better ones printed out
That is even worse, I wonder why they got released like that...Went into one of the local technology shops today, I walked in not expecting much but ended up having a play with a D610 and Tamron 24-70 f/2.8, it was amazing. The guy I talked to was an events photographer as well which was cool, it was interesting to hear that he used a kit lens on a D5100. I guess it makes sense for him with always having a speedlight on, I definitely couldn't make that work for me, with a...
Was this a full frame or crop sensor? Because there was a lot of complaints from reviewers with it wide open on full frame, but not so much from reviews with crop sensors. Either way I am very tempted, it would suit me better than an 17-50mm I think