Posts by jackeyjoe

Much like mobile devices, more pixel density looks better, I am sure MS will get their scaling right soon enough with high density monitors becoming popular. This looks like the next u2711, and probably will be my next monitor although only once it gets to below $1000
Currently own a surface pro 2, iphone and desktop. If the surface team came up with an elegant solution similar to this in a future revision I could see myself going down to two devices in the future... the only reason I still have a desktop is because of photo editing and games which are both very GPU limited(oh and tinkering, but I don't do that much these days). If I could cut it down to two I would be very happy, it would simplify a lot of stuff... and if anybody can...
You can actually get away with a lot of stuff with 6"x4", you don't have to nail the focus perfectly and high ISO's don't matter too much as you can't really see the noise. I have a wall covered in prints that size, it is really nice having the better ones printed out
That is even worse, I wonder why they got released like that...Went into one of the local technology shops today, I walked in not expecting much but ended up having a play with a D610 and Tamron 24-70 f/2.8, it was amazing. The guy I talked to was an events photographer as well which was cool, it was interesting to hear that he used a kit lens on a D5100. I guess it makes sense for him with always having a speedlight on, I definitely couldn't make that work for me, with a...
Was this a full frame or crop sensor? Because there was a lot of complaints from reviewers with it wide open on full frame, but not so much from reviews with crop sensors. Either way I am very tempted, it would suit me better than an 17-50mm I think
...and the nikon is almost 4 times more expensive. Completely off the table haha. Funny though, I was just about to press the buy button on the sigma and found the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 for $20 more, reading some reviews now. Seems to be a very good lens for the money(considering it's almost competing with the 24-70's which at the cheapest are over double the price), people generally only have issues with full frames, and that is unlikely to happen in the near future. Only...
Pretty much what I was thinking, there isn't too many benefits going with the nikon, and I hear the tamrons VC makes a lot of noise, I would rather not have anything making more noise than the shutter already does.Build quality I can deal with, a rubber seal would be nice though, should check if the sigma has one...
Thanks for making me now consider one of my previous options again I wish I could move to the UK
What sort of photography do you do? I take a lot of photos of kids, and that extra flexibility would be nice. But half the price....I'd rather have f/2.8 across the whole range if possible, lighting isn't always the best when I take photos. Having those extra few stops is nice...
Don't get me wrong, also considered it, but already having a 50mm prime I felt I would be limited by not being able to reach out that little bit further, while still being able to go plenty wide. And it would practically replace three lenses I have, which would be nice