Posts by jackeyjoe

9/10, I envy your portrait shots, I have no idea how you get such good shots in low light.
I wanted some B&W to start off with, they had a heap of B&W kodak 400 ISO so I thought it'd be good enough to start with I haven't shot with it, but the only huge difference I can see is the ISO being fixed to the film you buy, otherwise you are doing the same as with a DSLR, juggling aperture and shutter speed to get the right exposure.
It is a local place, I am talking total including film, scanning(have to have those digital copies) and printing if need be. The cost of film is +75% of it... and I messed up my maths, it is a bit over 50c a shot, which is much more expensive than my DSLR... but still not too bad.My mother only had primes for the FM2, 20mm, 50mm and an 85mm... the last of which has gone walkabout, I really wanted to use it
It was my mothers from when she worked for a newspaper, which was almost every day for about two years. Still doesn't have a scratch, they made them tough I love it, it's just short of a dollar a photo though so I am going to use it in moderation Priorities
That sounds like fun, I am surprised to hear you are wanting to work as something other than a photographer In other news, Found a place that sells and develops film, am going to give this old camera a run... probably hasn't had film in it for over a decade:)
7/10, I honestly can't see a difference
So I brought out my D7000 yesterday, and found out that my command dial buttons are stuck! I can't go right or up, which is really annoying when trying to navigate anything. I guess it's time to get it serviced, the top screen is cracked as well so it isn't the only thing that could get fixed while it's away
Exactly, I have been using Nikon cameras since I started taking photos(my mother was a photographer), it is what I am familiar with. Switching to canon would force me to relearn lots of stuff, which admittedly probably wouldn't take too long but I wouldn't be able to use all these older lenses I have inherited
8/10, I would prefer if you kept some details in the landscape, blacking everything out makes it seem empty. Otherwise I love it, the sky is beautiful dana-4 by jackeyjoe, on Flickr
7/10, would it look nicer washed out/B&W? carbarlah pub-17 by jackeyjoe, on Flickr