Posts by jackeyjoe

Depends, which device do you have?Pretty much all phones have the ability for some very extensive theming once you have root, otherwise you have access to a heap of useful tools(titanium backup, tasker and Xposed modules come to mind first and foremost although I only used titanium backup personally). If you are willing to change roms, then that opens a whole new world to you(think of roms like different linux distros), many doors will open there and it is relatively...
This is the same with android, I know a heap of people who are still on iphone 4's and they still work pretty well considering what is in them. Comparing them to the alternative(HTC desire, nexus one, GS1 ect.) and they are plenty fast for their age. As much as people want to hate on apple for not supporting old devices, they do much better than any other company. Name one company that still supports a phone they made in 2010 other than apple? I can't think of any, most...
You do realise that iphones are pretty much indestructible software wise don't you? There is nothing I know of you can do to brick it... it's always recoverable through itunes. There also is plenty of support and forums devoted to it, just look at reddit as an example. r/android has 430k subscribers which r/iphone has 130k subscribers, yes it's less, but 130k people still is a lot for a very stable device that has very few issues. Probably not the best comparison I know,...
Yep, if insurance doesn't cover it I think I will go down the repair route, all the glass seems to be fine so it must be the focus and/or zoom mechanism which is broke(aperture ring still works though), I am assuming those would be cheaper to replace than the glass. There is a place in town I should be able to get a quote from...Lets hope so A very cheap one that I took from another camera, I bought my D7000 second hand and it didn't come with a strap so I just used what...
Okay, I learned a good lesson today, make sure you have a proper camera strap. Had it on my back, one of the strap clips broke, fell onto a lino floor(only free fell about 30cm, tried to catch it the strap as it fell) and smashed up the UV filter pretty bad. Lens also is busted, cannot focus and there is something wrong with the zoom: No idea what I broke, but it must be pretty bad. Makes me feel much worse as it wasn't mine but another family members, trying my best to...
Huh, I don't do anything at all aside from keeping it under my arm if I am not using it. Mind you I only have a D7000 and 50mm f/1.8, which apparently is all weather sealed. Haven't had any issues yet, although I wouldn't risk it with a really expensive lens of the fire or people around it? Either way, show!
7/10, nice car but the background is a bit distracting
9/10. No constructive criticism, just that it looks amazing haha, that is me in the picture... I work at a school, gave the camera to a kid, I was just happy that I had something that I could post(I take a lot of photos, but I can't share the overwhelming majority of them due to laws that I really know nothing about). I realise it is technically not mine(although it was taken with my gear), I am just excited to have some stuff to post The FM2 getting some use
7/10, everything is a little blue for my liking... just personal preference though I think
I have been shooting manual(with autoISO) lately, pumping up the shutter speed and changing the aperture as needed... it is hard to take photos of kids, they move too much and too quickly for aperture priority to be effective I mean everybody lusts over better gear, so there would always be that factor... but outside of extreme conditions(very low light) the person behind the camera matters much more