Posts by cssorkinman

I like what i do and the people I work with or it would be impossible that's for sure. Seemed like it was easier 15 years ago though .Luckily, I've moved out of the positions that are extremely physically intense, I doubt I could hack it at age 50. I remember an 8 day stretch about 12 years ago where I had nearly 140 hours - looking back I'd say that was pretty silly of me .I do miss being in really good shape , around that time my mother in law built a new...
Gotta appreciate the benefits of working nights to put up with the drawbacks. No bosses around make for less stress - a whopping 30 cent shift differential woohoo! I often pull out the grill, making the night crew the group to be in for good eats .Currently on night 29 of what will be about 40 straight 12-14 hour night shifts in a row. Sounds like I'll get a 40 hour week at the end of this stretch , then back to the same night schedule for the 35 following ...
My only other choices in 754 are a 3100+ sempron and a 3000+ athlon... ( I think that's what they are anyhow)No doubt that they are the best boards considering the application. I tried to get the 939 DFI board I have up and running for the DDR freq comp, but it acts like something in the HDD controller isn't playing ball.Only DFI I've messed with - maybe this old dog is having trouble learning new tricks .Today's escapades weren't very fruitful. I mounted the 3200+ (...
I'm pretty resourceful I bet i could get some vegemite if I had to ( my brother in law travels to Sidney 2 or 3 times a year for work), but from what has been said about Zen , that speed won't be a problem .
A guy can dream , can't he?I'd bet you are spot on about the motherboard chipsets etc.I'll bet you a vegemite sandwich I'll get my zen to 4.5 ghz +
Zen is probably so efficient it doesn't need any more than 4 phases to reach 5 ghz
I'm not much of a threat to the top scores , but I do want to make a contribution.Pretty much everything you said about the Mobile athlon was spot on. Every reboot requires changing the settings in bios, which is a time consuming , but that little chip wants to run.Usually it's talent that holds me back , but time is the limiting factor , 100 hr weeks at work are putting a damper on my hobbie time.Spent about half an hour today trying to get a better memory freq score,...
Modest , knowledgeable, and has helpful as you are competitive - a class act
I really don't have a lot of experience with them but the patriot set I have doesn't seem to like more than about 2.75 volts.In the case of my msi boards I bump up the NF4 and cpu volts , lower ht and cpu multipliers, loosen timings and set CR to 2 in bios .Then chase higher clocks using the clock gen utility in windows. I usually validate at stock speeds first , leaving the browser window open as well as paint for capturing the screenshot.Sometimes opening those...
280 mhz sub with my 754 rig. will try to improve it