Posts by TheWolfe

Thanks for the info Fred. This is why it's so confusing to explain these types of things to non-builders. I've been building for a few years, and yet even that confused me a bit. Not even mentioning hyperthreading, games that don't use all cores, or overclocking, I could never get that finished in a single presentation. I really have no idea how to sum up CPUs to my audience other than: Intel is a bit more expensive, but also more reliable. AMD is a bit cheaper and much...
I have a project on talking about building a PC and what parts to choose based on price. I'm comparing CPUs and I'm so unfamiliar with AMD, I can't tell which of them is comparable to which Intel CPUs. I can't find a simple chart anywhere, can someone help? I don't want to confuse my audience, so right now I'm just doing: i3 vs A6 i5 vs A8 i7 vs A10 I know it's not that simple, with new generation and models with different stock clocks and whatnot. Any suggestions?
I use to have one of those old Zune 120bg players. Since Zunes are no longer made, do we still need the Zune music program, or can I use it like a Sansa device with simple drag and drop? And I suppose asking if there is a Spotify app would be getting my hopes up
What's the best way to switch to 64 bit? I'd rather not reinstall Windows 7. Would upgrading to Windows 8 64bit be considerably easier?Can you guys tell me which of those cards (GTX 670/680 or HD 7950/7970) would be best for GTA V? Do people still debate on 1/2/4gb cards? It's been awhile since I've lasted checked the specs of cards and what people recommend.
I've had my MSI HD 6950 2GB Twn Frzr III for over a year now. As I've gotten older, I don't game nearly as much. I might play Blacklight: Retribution, Minecraft, The Sims 3, and Skyrim but that's mostly it. And I'm content with how this handles those games. But now that games like FarCry 3, Metro Last Light, GTA V (especially GTA V!) etc are coming out, I'm thinking about upgrading. -I've got Windows 7 32bit with 4gb of Ram. Should I switch to 64 bit and get 8gb of Ram,...
Do these crack as easily as HD 555s?
Not sure what that means. You can call Squaretrade and ask them. But right now I'm trying to sell within the US48.
I'm selling it because I'm taking a year off from college. I moved recently and now work at an elementary school with kids, and so I don't need a laptop with me since I no longer live on a campus. I have a desktop at home and that's all I really need.Also, I will be uploading another video showing the battery slate soon. Not many laptops have this option, and I think it is great for anyone who is traveling and don't find the 7-8 hour battery to be enough for them.
Trying to give my younger brother some headphones he can plug into his amp, as he's taken up electric guitar recently. It needs to be comfortable for longer sessions, and closed so no one else is bothered. I'm trying to keep this ~$50, but anything up to $100 works. My experiences: Hd555s: Clear, good treble, lack bass, easily broken, open ear, extremely comfortable. AKG 271 MK IIs: Good mids, decent bass, strong, closed, less comfortable. I guess I'm looking for a...
Wow I just wanted to say thanks for showing this. I was afraid this might be like Origin where you need a client or something, but this lets you buy keys and activate them on Steam. Also, got Skyrim for ~$28, amazing! Been waiting for that game to be cheap enough for a holiday break to play it on