Posts by boredgunner

Yeah I think Deus Ex and UT99 are the only UE1 games I've played. Only played maybe three UT2/UT2.5 games, and of course a bunch of UE3. I did play UT3 and I was enticed by those PhysX maps. UE4 I use a lot for projects or just playing around, I'd choose it over every other engine for most of my game ideas easily.
Good to know! Too bad they're 1080p. I doubt they even beat the Eizo Foris FG2421 outside of response time.
Yeah I agree that ~1000:1 is super low. Your numbers are generous too, average yes but not even looking at the best VA (7000:1) or best Plasma (> 20000:1). Even 3000:1 seems kind of low now with this year's TV lineups.
HE-350 = dynamic headphone meant to have some of the best bass of any open sub $200 headphoneHE-400i = single sided planar magnetic headphone, I've mentioned some of the specific differences with the magnet design/implementation in the original one and the supposed revision but I forgot the details. All I know is now the current revision supposedly has a more open sound stage since the original is rather closed in. I've only heard the older revision, nice sounding...
Yeah, from what I understand either Unreal Engine wasn't good back then or that was just a poor demonstration of it. Interestingly enough Deus Ex: Revision (original game modded with a DX10 renderer) is hard to run even on modern high end systems like mine.
Consolized in what ways? PC performance? Perhaps. They threw in some rushed ultra settings it looks like, that harm performance more than they should, like contact hardening shadows on ultra. Mouse acceleration is the main consolized crap in this game I'd say. It's still bad. Performance has improved somewhat. It actually has tons of gameplay and UI options, lots of graphics options, and a built-in benchmark, like a good PC game.Brute force is always a thing with PC...
Old VA monitors maybe. There is no "lack of" colors on modern VA displays. There might even be more wide gamut sub $1000 VA monitors than IPS, and/or more 10-bit sub $1000 VA monitors than IPS, for all I know. Color accuracy is generally no worse than IPS in this price range either.
Ditto, that's a limitation of the franchise. I can say more fluid movement and less button mashing in place of a more skill based combo system. I can't get too specific, third person action fantasy combat design isn't my specialty since I rarely play such games. It's up to CDPR to figure it out.I can make plenty of suggestions for Cyberpunk's combat on the other hand. Nothing too specific since I don't want to butcher Cyberpunk's lore. For an action Cyberpunk game, I...
Yeah, although if you sat those people down in front of a monitor they'd see how much nicer it is. Average TV consumers don't know any better either, they just know "LED" and Plasma and OLED. When marketing such a monitor I think they should include picture comparisons demonstrating the much better blacks and contrast of VA compared to IPS and TN, since PC gamers are afraid of VA like you said. AR treated glass is easy to explain.There is a substantial market segment...
And more importantly, that Dell is 2560 x 1440 compared to that Samsung's 1920 x 1080. Plus you get blur reduction.I really wonder if LCD will reach its full potential before OLED takes over. OLED isn't "taking over" any time soon, but it seems nobody wants to release a high refresh rate high resolution 16:9 SPVA monitor with variable refresh rate, full array WLED backlighting, > 5000:1 static contrast, blur reduction with configurable strobe length, no major response...