Posts by boredgunner

It can handle it on max detail, but he said "great frames" so I assume that means 60 FPS or more. A 980 will keep you in the 40s at that res, for the most part, so we're close. The Titan II and R9 390X should do it.
That's why I abandoned SLI years ago. Great mGPU support is just too rare, single GPU reliability is too good to pass up in my opinion.
Metro Redux has almost none of the tessellation from the original Last Light. Otherwise, I think shadows might have gotten degraded but I haven't done a thorough comparison, and they changed time of day lighting on some levels (for better or worse is subjective).
I got addicted to that game as well, but not because of the story which is far too shallow for me to call great. The freedom, the open world detail, the amount of content, and the unrestricted role playing are what got me addicted.I consider myself addicted to a game if I play it for around 10 hours a day or more, for several consecutive days. I've only done this in Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Wasteland 2, Skyrim, KOTOR, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age:...
I don't see the appeal with achievements... they're meaningless. Maybe if you focused more on real content you'd find something you like. But no, I haven't been in such a position. Quite the opposite for me; I was bored with generic console games one day, built a PC, and then got addicted to PC games which is where I've been ever since. With that being said, since you're open to anything, maybe try branching out from your run of the mill shooters and action games like...
I believe it's a necessity to play this game multiple times, each time using a different world state using my decisions from previous DA:O and DA2 playthroughs, and each time using different parties and making different decisions. Things will change quite a lot.There's no command queue in DA:I? I forgot already. DA:O has one, and so do both KOTOR games and both Neverwinter Nights games.You need to play Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete, it has everything you just mentioned...
Inquisition has more or less the same controls and general game design as the classics; the same blueprint, except with far greater dialogue/story focus, much larger and vastly more detailed locations, and dumbed down gameplay in comparison, not to mention things that may stem from action games such as riding horses. Dragon Age 2? Have you ever played it? It's far more of a dumbed down generic action game than Inquisition.As for that D&D game vs DA:I, they're going to...
Bingo, especially Far Cry 3 and 4 screenshots which are always extremely touched up. At least Crytek only touches up aliasing, if anything.As for racing games, their cars of course exhibit stunning attention to detail and Project C.A.R.S. seems to have amazing weather effects, but aside from this the environments generally look dated No need to waste substantial resources on environments when you're driving at high speeds most of the time, inside a cockpit.
For sure. Thief's graphics are technically very good but that doesn't stop it from looking so boring to my eyes, compared to Dishonored which I think has a fantastic art style. Threads like these are usually about the technical side though.Fixed that for you. Hasta la vista, baby.
Yeah but I don't see much to get excited about sadly. It doesn't seem to have much story focus, has only six classes, is isometric only, and some of the abilities shown in the teaser look like they were ripped straight from DA:O opposed to D&D.