Posts by boredgunner

I can't speak for your experiences but one thing to account for is the experience you had in the genre (pause-and-play tactical RPG) at the time. Regardless, I listed many objective reasons as to why DA:I is more tactical, and on paper it is certainly more tactical than DA:O. In terms of overall difficulty I rank the two games right next to each other, DA:I slightly above but it's close.The only chance he has in liking DA:I is playing on Easy mode which is something I...
Nope, especially not for games. Other ASUS sound cards use Dolby Headphone, just like your Xonar DG, so positional awareness will be identical.
Well it's not that challenging, only more than DA:O on Hard. It's also possible to overlevel by staying around in the Hinterlands so long, making you overpowered and thus making the game easier than it could have been. I'm not sure if it becomes easier than DA:O though.
I don't think Inquisition is less tactical. It's less diverse than Origins, but it's also more tactical in many ways such as:Elevation is an important factor for ranged characters, especially archers.Terrain in general is a huge factor that really affects battles: most of the battles in DA:O are on big, flat terrain so positioning was a lot less important. In Inquisition you might find you and your party moving uphill along a narrow path, being funneled into an ambush. ...
The AD900X is a great choice due to the big sound stage which may increase your positional awareness.
It is poorly optimized. The main frame rate killer is grass shadows, which isn't found in any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games or any other mod. But DX10 as a whole just runs like crap compared to DX9. DX9 + forced supersampling leads to the best graphics anyway. [[SPOILER]] That actually goes for Misery 2 as well. Here's how it looks on DX9 with forced supersampling. [[SPOILER]]
A) ConsolesB) This requires a lot of time and resourcesC) Nobody wants to devote time and resources into something so small, since 99% of gamers won't notice and won't careAdmittedly there are far more important things in games that developers should focus on instead. I think Assetto Corsa has surprisingly good damage rendering though.
Well it does follow in DA:O's footsteps, just about everything you can do in DA:O can be done in DA:I.DA:I does have a hotbar like DA:O, but this is where a very weird change comes in which you may have noticed: each character can only have 8 abilities in the hotbar at once, which means each party member can only use 8 abilities in a battle. However you won't have much more than 8 abilities for each character by the end of the game anyway, since leveling is slower and it...
For Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, get the Enhanced Editions which are the same as the originals except with widescreen support, some nice additions, but they're not without their controversial changes (like new cutscenes). But the originals + mods look fine too.
Jumping is useful since DA:I's battles are more about positioning. There's even an archer passive ability that makes them deal more damage if elevated higher than the enemy. It's also more about exploration than DA:O (which already emphasizes it).In tactical camera you can bring the camera down to a third person view, which I do a lot. My initial planning is typically done in isometric view but I like to view battles in more cinematic fashion. In tight, indoor spaces,...