Posts by boredgunner

The concept of your post is correct though I don't think I'd call The Witcher 2 skill based. Maybe Dark Souls is... I hope it is by its reputation (I've barely played it). Perhaps The Witcher 2 was supposed to be skill based (aka reflex based or twitch), but really it boils down to rolling around and finding out which of the six spells is ideal for whatever battle you're about to approach. Once you understand this, it's quite easy on Dark mode to gamers who have been...
Not really. The superior sound stage and imaging offered by $150ish headphones compared to $80 headphones is noticeable in gaming.I see. What I said about the Xonar Essence STX still applies then, since the ZxR has basically the same DACs, same amplifier, and should produce very similar sound quality but probably better gaming performance. The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm is likely your best option. It's not an ideal gaming headphone, but I don't know of any other...
Look past the actual story that Mass Effect tells, and look at the way it delivers a story. You said video games are a terrible medium for storytelling... but where else are you going to get a story that reacts to the way you play? In books, film, and TV, you're not going to have characters who actively judge you... you get no choice outside of video games.You of course cite the ending of ME3 which is unaffected by previous decisions. The ending, however, is only a...
You listed both open and closed headphones in the first post as possible upgrade candidates, so I have to ask why are you showing preference for closed? Closed is much worse for gaming since they have a much more congested sound stage making it harder to pinpoint sounds.Diminishing returns also kick in quickly for gaming beyond the ~$150 price point, which is why the AD700 (and its successor, the AD700X) have long been considered the go-to gaming headphone.Keeping your...
It's quite playable now, so you can play it on the latest version.
If the bugs ever get out of hand, be sure to visit this thread:http://www.overclock.net/t/1337761/official-creative-sound-blaster-z-zx-zxr-series-clubMaybe some of it is intended though, like 5.1 working only with one of the encoders enabled. When gaming through headphones, the Creative software should be on Headphones mode, and SBX Surround should be enabled (and EAX if you play any older games that support it, otherwise it doesn't matter).The ZxR is great for listening...
You can make it work in an NFS game though try it in Assetto Corsa, iRacing, or any other simulator and see how it goes.
Or the Trigger/Trigger-Z if you can somehow stumble upon one and want macro keys.
DT 770 Pro would be a downgrade for gaming. The ASUS Xonar Essence STX alone should make the HD 598 better than your old SteelSeries headset for gaming. However, the Creative Sound Blaster Z should offer even better virtual surround than the Essence STX. The Sound Blaster ZxR offers the same virtual surround solution as the Sound Blaster Z, but much better audio quality that's about the same as the Essence STX, so explore these options as well. If you want more bass...
I see, so the only real difference for you will be Dolby Headphone (ASUS sound cards) vs SBX Surround (Creative Sound Blaster Z series), which are both virtual surround solutions for headphones. SBX Surround is widely preferred.