Posts by boredgunner

I wholeheartedly recommend using ACE 2, it's a necessity in my opinion. I would look for a community that plays custom coop missions with ACE 2 and maybe ACRE, if you use a mic.
This sounds more like Day Z, though I'm aware there are similar custom (modded) game modes in ArmA 3 and ArmA 2 (not counting the actual Day Z mod). I avoid playing these things altogether.
1440p, which looks substantially better than 1080p since it's a huge pixel quantity improvement, is easily feasible. You can max out most games at 1440p with good frame rates (60 FPS or close to it) with a GTX 780 Ti or R9 290X. Some exceptions include GTA V, Total War: Attila, Dragon Age: Inquisition, ArmA 3 under certain scenarios, and Skyrim with the absolute highest quality graphics mods. More exceptions will come, but with a GTX 980 or better (and AMD's R9 3xx...
There's no guarantee it will be 75-80% off. I don't think I've ever seen it with that big of a discount for ArmA 3.What did you try doing in ArmA 2? All of the scenarios have an objective, the campaign has objectives. It's an objective driven game, unless you're playing some modded MP game mode.You can rebind all of the controls, and not only can you rebind them to any key or mouse click, you can rebind them to key combinations/macros (for example, you can bind...
This is nonsense. It's nothing like Insurgency or other run of the mill shooters. Gameplay is totally different, game modes are totally different. All of that added depth makes it completely different. The vast majority of mods don't improve the quality either, they just add more content, most of which is of lower quality than the stuff BIS makes.But it does indeed lack content without mods, unlike ArmA 2. It's more necessary to use content mods and/or learn the...
Makes me wonder if there is some way to get DA:O working with a controller. An emulator perhaps? I'm not sure if DA2 supports it. Of course, both of those games are on console if you want to stoop to that lol... but I can't even recommend that.
You missed out on one of the best RPGs ever made in Dragon Age: Origins. As far as important story bits for DA:I, you're missing out on character background for several key characters, and no amount of reading will make up for time spent with said characters in the prior games. You can make up for your lack of knowledge about the lore by reading everything in the codex.
1. Depends on the game mode on the server. The game has a bunch and there are a bunch of custom, modded ones. I will say that ArmA 3, like its predecessors, is far from your typical multiplayer shooter like Battlefield. 2. You don't need the DLCs. If you want more content, there are mods for that. In addition, you can import much of ArmA 2's content into ArmA 3 by copying and pasting ArmA 2's content into a mod folder in ArmA 3 (said mod folder would be called...
I may, though the general consensus seems to be that the writing of Life is Strange is pretty bad at times... and some of the examples I have been shown support said consensus.
Dragon Age: Inquisition has similar micromanaging mechanics and doesn't skimp out on story compared to other BioWare games. You can have both.