Posts by boredgunner

That is not what I'm talking about regarding Valve, since that is indeed a great thing they did. I specified what I meant; Valve and Bethesda teaming up to make paid mods for Skyrim on Steam Workshop. Tiny little mods too like skins, these made up the majority of these paid "mods."You have zero problem with paying for graphics mods that are currently free? Well, we are all free to spend our money how we see fit. Such graphics mods have been free for almost two decades,...
Are you sure you don't mean publishing studios, in place of development studios?
Yes and despite that, it only seems to be a good business to get into (not counting mobile gaming, very different) if you can be a successful founder, president, CEO, and perhaps some other higher positions not at all related to game development, unless you are able to make an indie smash hit like DayZ (make your money quickly and then leave without finishing it).
Yeah, the "consoles are also entertainment hubs" argument is extremely weak now more than ever. Better and/or cheaper alternatives for that like any modern Smart TV, or better yet a Smart TV combined with an HTPC.The only justifiable reason for owning a console is for exclusives (even though console exclusives are counter-intuitive to the advancement and improvement of gaming, but I digress), and XBOX is far too weak in this area objectively speaking—the amount of...
Don't forget how Valve and Bethesda already paired up to make paid "mods" for Skyrim before. It was an abysmal failure but they aren't giving up. Doesn't Valve sell "mods" for some of their games already?We vote with our wallets at the end of the day. I won't support that crap, but gamers are easily brainwashed into wasting money.
"Ultra" is often a hit or miss, although not so much for DICE. Near ultra though is almost a certainty.
I suppose not enough of a money maker to make Grigorovich care. Perhaps if it was able to be a smash hit like a Bethesda Fallout game, but that would never happen for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
DA:I is better with mouse and keyboard since it uses point-and-click interaction and a controller is just slower and clunkier than ideal for that.
And going back to both of them is a painful experience after completing a full fledged truly ambitious fantasy RPG like Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, or Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.
It looks a bit more like the original rather than the reskinned Battlefield which the last Battlefront game was. I suppose we'll just have to see exactly how much less content it has than the original... funny how this is how you have to compare modern AAA games. It's a guessing game as to how much they took away, not how much they improved or added.