Posts by boredgunner

I haven't used a mic in years and I get by just fine, which says a lot since most of the multiplayer games I play are the opposite of casual (and I play in a "clan"). I type quickly and I tend to play with people who know what they're doing. I do use a soundboard in Source games, and if I did have a mic then in public multiplayer I would of course use my Titanium HD's voice changer function, using something like "Robot" or "Munchkin."
GND-Tech and Rockpapershotgun. PCG has become somewhat of a joke in recent years, awarding GOTY to sidescrollers and going out of their way to act like hipsters. Plus PCG's community is not much different than a console community, the difference being their parents are more generous. Don't expect to find any thoughtful discussion on PCG. If you can get past the occasional horrid articles and laughable feminism on Kotaku, it's not that bad.
The Philips Fidelio X1 was even liked by some bassheads, and then there's the X2, the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro, Fostex TH500rp. I'd never call the Sennheiser HD 650, HD 700, or HD 800 bass light, but they don't have accentuated bass like the others I just mentioned.
Ducky Shine 4 all the way.
The same DAC chip is used, and I think it uses the same amplifier too. I'd expect nearly identical sound quality, but finding even a used ZxR for under $150 is rare.
"Beautiful" = blur, blur, and more blur.
The Essence ST/STX has the best sound quality of the bunch. Better DAC than the Sound Blaster Z and Zx.
I like the Woo Audio stands.
The Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 are very much alike. They were made by the same people and are the same type of RPG. Fallout: New Vegas essentially offers the best of both worlds: the freedom of Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls, but strong story focus and excellent writing especially in the expansions. It has some of the best character development of any game.Fallout 3, New Vegas, Morrowind, and Oblivion won't win people over with graphics though. It's the level design;...
What's even weirder is that it supports BF4, which uses the same engine, but not DA:I? Not to mention DA:I won the vast majority of GOTY 2014 awards (as it should have). You'd think they'd support such a popular game.Also, for whatever reason BF4's in-game AA is superior to DA:I's, and it has the same exact AA options (at least according to what the menus say).