Posts by boredgunner

Ugh. Is that Alien: Isolation on max detail? The official photos are definitely touched up then... considerably. Jaggies on everything and even shimmering. Definitely looks like no AA at all.
Welcome to modern day gaming! It seems like 1 in every 10 games has decent AA. Too many rely purely on SMAA or FXAA, which are never sufficient on their own. Temporal AA does a good job in some games/engines though, namely UE4.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown with all the DLC (especially Enemy Within expansion)?
You'll be inflamed for that one! It's quite true though. I like the multicore usage of the engine and it can produce pretty good graphics, otherwise it is indeed super limited and inferior.Words of wisdom here. I also wish we had a different rating system. Like you say "M for mature" is deceptive when games like this and Battlefield are designed for young teens, and then you have something like Planescape: Torment rated T for teens.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
Oh definitely, I forgot about this. They do that to make themselves look like saints, and most people buy it. Witcher 2 was the same way if I recall correctly. Most of the free DLC I've encountered isn't like that though. Natural Selection 2 and Payday 2 have nearly doubled in content since launch because of free DLC, and nobody saw most of that free DLC coming.
Easy choice for me. "If done tastefully, it adds to a game. I buy most DLC for games that I really like." Any free DLC for example is welcome. I'll pay for quality DLC that's not clearly a ripoff, that's not clearly pulled from the game during its design phase to be sold as DLC. Some examples of quality DLC include most of the free ones for Payday 2 and Natural Selection 2, and large scale easily worth the money DLC like Fallout 3 Point Lookout, Fallout: New Vegas Old...
Skyrim, which I have 750 hours in (significantly more than any other game). Fallout 4 will probably top it.
^ Interesting that you got such good cable management in the RV02 with the AX1500i and all of that hardware. I didn't think it was possible.
How about Total War? I think the franchise is on sale right now.