Posts by Skrumzy

Just tried to install v7 on ubuntu and when I open the Control panel it isn't folding, but says that its waiting on the Core to be ran. I have gone to the folder and tried double clicking on Core_a3.fah to have it run but nothing happens. I have tried to run it in terminal and nothing happens. What am I missing here? I am new to linux, but something doesn't seem to be installed correctly. I also tried to add my GTX 670 under the client-type beta tags and it won't add...
Has anyone heard of the Ainol Novo 7 Fire/Flame 2 thats suppose to launch around December? It's the same specs with the only change is it being a quad core vs a dual core. Thoughts?
So I'm trying to give Unix another go around and completely forgot that I had a software RAID 0 in Windows 7. I have Ubuntu installed on my SSD and two inaccessible HDDs that were once a RAID 0 in windows 7. How do I rebuild(recover) this RAID without destroying it? The file structure is NTFS. Thanks!
I own both actually, the 690 II sits as an HTPC and the ARC Midi is my main rig right now. I would have to say for a mid tower the water cooling ability is the best in its class. The reason why I say this is because they have made the case slightly larger in width allowing a top mounted radiator to be kicked out away from the motherboard. This allows a push pull setup to happen easily. My only gripe is I kind of wish they would have sacrificed one HDD mount in the top...
Thanks for pointing out a wrong on my part. I actually have 8GB but when I named my memory I put 4GB, 4x2. Sorry about that, but thanks for bringing it to my attention =p
I was highly disappointed after I did mine. My temps improved TREMENDOUSLY, but unfortunately temps wasn't the real problem. Still couldn't get past 4.5(stable) to save my life. So as mentioned above, it depends on the chip. But if you can get it stable with high temps and want to try to push it more, I would give it a go. *edit* Just to clarify, I ran my chip all the way up to 1.54 with temps hovering around 75-80. Still had head room but the SOB would not stay...
I'm in the military and power is *whispers* free........
Thanks everyone for your inputThis is what I was leaning with to be honest, but it just sucks taking a step backwards, especially with a z77 board. Thanks for your opinion.
Currently I'm running a 3570k clocked at 4.5, with the delid project and under water. I honestly wasn't expecting myself to get into F@H but since I have devoted a lot of my computer time to F@H, I am thinking about updating to a processor that has hyper threading. The reason being is I'll be able to utilize affinity settings without noticing the drop in performance. I can also multitask video encodes while gaming and such. Amazon currently has the 2700k for 290 and...
I have always wanted to do this but could never get the results I wanted. So I wanted to ask the question here. Is it possible to lock certain cores to specific applications and denying others to those same cores without having to manually do it for everything running? Is there anyway to maintain these settings through reboots? My problem is I want to lock certain cores to say my F@H client and use those cores ONLY for it. With the other cores available, I want new...