Posts by Skrumzy

Think I just stumble across something while beating my head against the keyboard during OC stable session... Code 0x7F could be a system agent voltage increase is needed I BSOD during a run and that was about the only thing I didn't touch yet. So I tried bumping it once and got a little further in my stable run but BSOD again with the same code. I bumped it again and so far I'm an hour stabl......well just crashed as I was writing this lol. Wasn't at the computer so...
I'm not trying to be hostile even though I'm sounding like it. I'm so effing frustrated that my temps are still good but I have hit a wall. I have read that after a certain point Ivy Bridge requires a massive volt dump. Which is what I am seeing right now. If someone can point out something that I am missing I would GLADLY accept my fault. With vdroop control at 100% I load at .032 difference from my setting in bios. I idle at .016 difference. PLL doesn't seem to be...
You do see what voltage Im at compared to yours right? And yes my processor requires this much for 48 multiplier. Anything less it crashes either on start of prime95 or a little in. Unless SA voltage or I/O voltage can stablize it at a lower core voltage, I'm stuck. No one has mentioned the max for either of those though because it messes with more than just the cores. I tried your template and it crashed even at multiplier 45. I would love to overclock that way...
Temps are not high? It doesn't start to throttle till 90 and max is 105. I still have 30 degrees till the processor shut down. Before I did my delid I would be in the 90s right now. I have tried messing with bclk, multiplier,voltage, and PLL. My chip is just what it is. Leaks a little bit higher I'm assuming. The load control on this motherboard is not impressing me compared to others to be honest =[. I BSOD with lower voltage and according to the cheat table it...
So I guess I was premature about being stable at 4.8 had to bump up volts to 1.51 in bios which loads at ~1.47. 77 on temps. Can anyone tell me if 1.52 is max in bios for volts or max for load volts? Also how can I set my idle volts to be lower? I believe it has something to do with C state and speedstep but this is my first intel rig.
So I give up on trying to get past 4.8. Seems like not only do I need to dump a lot of voltage to hit 4.8 anything beyond that is going to require an overvolt beyond Intels max recommended. Currently I'm sitting at 4.8 @ 1.432 on load and @ 1.46 in bios. Vdroop is at 100% and PLL is 1.5. I'm going to start looking into the I/O voltage to see what the max is and see if bumping it slightly has any effect on stability. *edit* Forgot to mention temps are at 65
You must delid my friend. I just did and never break 85. Let me put it this way. My 1.3 volt 4.5 overclock was getting me around 70 in temps. With the delid project I stayed around 55. I can push all the way up to 1.5 and not touch 85.*edit* Currently testing 1.440 in BIOS and 1.408 at load in windows. My max is 66 so far after about 15 minutes.
I have honestly never used that program before. How long does a run take? I absolutely hate it say when I pass 400K in prime and fail on 128K like I am now, because that means that I have to wait another 15 minutes under new volts to see if the change even matters.
When you start talking about high end air coolers such as a D14 its not so much the temps but what it can sustain at higher voltage. With a rasa 360 kit you should be able to see it sustain higher volts better than a D14. At some point you should visually start to see the D14 start to trail. This has been my experience with water and air.
Just browsed to why a dump file might not be written and I guess you have to have a page file...argh. FINE, I will set aside 1gig of my precious SSD space.