Posts by timma100

Considering I went from a Phenom II x4 playing BF3 getting 50FPS to my current 4670K and having no issues I can kind of see where you're coming from but not entirely. This is a new issue for BF1 for me, I have played it in the past with zero issues and consistently over 100FPS as I play with all settings at their lowest. However it seems things have recently changed, as I now get 50FPS at best.
Thanks for all the videos its crazy how CPU dependent the game is, I've had decent FPS in the past but it seems recent updates and content additions have changed that. I was looking into a 4790K, tough to invest $300 in an otherwise un-upgrade able system.
I'll keep this short, I've got a GTX 980, i5 4670K overclocked to 4.4Ghz, and 16GB of DDR3 2400.. Battlefield 1 is also installed on an Intel SSD, on all low settings, I get 50FPS average in multiplayer. GPU usage is mid 40% CPU is completely maxed by Bad 1. Any thoughts? Latest Nvidja Drivers too. Thanks!
I've got an Asus Z87 Sabertooth, 16GB of Corsair DDR3 2400, and an Asus Strix 980. In many of the games I play I've noticed 100% CPU utilization and only 60-70% GPU utilization. Currently I'm trying to get a stable 4.4Ghz overclock on the 4670K but its taking upwards of 1.29v to remain stable (Temps reach mid 80C under Prime95 and Intel Burn test) but still not completely stable and it may take 1.3v just for 4.4Ghz which isn't exactly great, or good for that matter. Would...
So, everyone knows military base internet isn't the best.. But, my wireless adapter keeps disconnecting, and then goes into a reset loop. Then eventually starts working again.. I have a laptop with an Intel wireless nic and it has zero issues connected to the same ssid.. Here is what event viewer is kicking out.. Running windows 10 64bit The network interface "NETGEAR WNDA3100v3 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary...
I was thinking perhaps the heat-sink lost contact during shipping, its a very heavy unit on the Strix and only held on with 4 spring screws.. But who knows.. Robitic espionage is also possible
Looks like it was the ticket, went from 80C to 60C with the same ambient temps and game/settings... Also instability and artifacts gone lol
Pulled the cooler and there was plenty of TIM that was still soft. Cleaned everything off and put some Liquid Ultra on there.. Before it would hit 75C on the GPUz benchmark, now it hits 64C, fans turn on, and it starts going back down.. I'm gonna do more tests and play some games that were causing problems before and see what I get. But so far it looks promising
At full load GPU-z is showing 1.212v core
Never thought you'd see that title eh? So, I snatched up a 980 Strix from ebay. Card is in immaculate condition and box came with all the accessories (Even the stickers) Issue is, temps climb to 80C fairly quick, fans go 100% and power target never gets above 90% due to thermal throttling.. Considering this is one of the best cooled 980s, I figure the thermal interface has gotta be the issue.. But before I pull the card apart, anyone have other ideas? Thanks!