Posts by FalloutBoy

The white looks good! Are you doing any mods to the case or is this strictly a paint job?
Sounds good. If you start a build log for it, I'd like to see it too. I was so close to modding mine but decided on using the FT02 instead. It seems we have similar taste in cases.I don't even know what to reply to this!No I don't have that much skill! I have always wanted to try sleeved tubing though...
I've been thinking a lot about water cooling and the general layout of the components along with what I'd say my style of modding is. As I've started to realise what I like to see in my finished builds, its kinda given me a new goal to achieve and has to a fair extent, changed the way I want this case to end up looking. I think my style of modding, if I have a style, is to keep the structure of the case stock or as stock as possible. That doesn't include painting or...
Meanwhile...Thanks! I think I have a small update coming later today.Ah that makes more sense. Your new case wouldn't be a corsair air 540 by any chance would it?
Thanks for the positive comments guys!At the moment my current PC looks something like this...CPU - Intel Core i7 3770KMotherboard - EVGA Z77 FTWRam - Corsair Dominator Platinum (8GB 1866C9)Graphics Card - EVGA GTX 680 FTW+SSD - Samsung 840 Evo (500GB)Hard Drive - WD Black (1TB)Power Supply - Seasonic XP Platinum 1000WCPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro H80iI have been putting off an upgrade for a while now so when skylake hits, I might jump on it. I don't really need the extra...
Let me start by saying I've always hated copper! I did up until recently anyway. Looking around and finding some very sexy looking copper water blocks may have been what started the change in my mind, searching the interwebs unsuccessfully trying to find reasonably priced black countersunk rivets and coming across those little beauty's of coppers was definitely what made it official. Copper really can be quite stunning! Now let me explain a little bit... More than half of...
Yeah I can see how that would make it difficult. Its all about the end result though right. I wasn't actually going after the finish identical to the wii u. I just wanted something pretty reflective. I'm happy with how it turned out too. It looks a bit like tar on a road while its raining. I think the best way to get it looking like the finish on the wii u would have been to get it powder coated.
The copper rivets do look amazing! Just wait till you see them up against the glossy black paint!There certainly are a lot of parts to make up the case. I was slightly concerned I'd rivet 2 panels back together and then realise that rivet was supposed to go through 3 panels. Thankfully I took my time and got it right. Let us know when you get your build log started. I wouldn't mind following it!Yeah I noticed the bottom panel especially was slightly warped whilst hanging...
Thanks for tuning in everyone! ... with a touch of copper ~
I remember my first build.. I'll watch this one!