Posts by greydor

[Waits for the generic "Dallas" answer when he really lives in some place like Richardson, haha] I'm a Texas native residing in Arkansas. I used to give out the generic "Dallas" answer when I was in college.
The biggest truth of all the truths.Surely they'll (de-compress?) the PS2 tracks to where it doesn't sound like that.
A lot of unnecessary bashing in here for a cosmetic attachment. If you're into meticulous, photo-worthy cable management, this could be for you. If you're into logos on your parts/cases/accessories, this could also be for you. If not, that's okay too. I personally think it's kind of cool, but since I don't typically buy secondary designs (Nvidia coolers for me ), I won't need one.
That helps; thanks. There just seems to be a lot of threads posted about Async Compute capabilities, as if it's a make-or-break situation for a card (sarcastic hyperbole).
So what exactly is this saying? Async compute capabilities keep my framerate from dropping (like microstutter on SLI)? Any other advantages? "GPU efficiency" seems like a buzz word.
SourceLook at the above quote. I'm completely perplexed as to what Async Computing is and why it's important? Can someone explain Async Computing to me (and others) as simply as possible?
My early conclusion, based on quick looks at gains from the 980 Ti to the 1080 for 4K gaming, is that we're probably only 2 years out from a 4K card that regularly runs games at 4K with a reasonable 60FPS. This is a great generation of cards, but with only 1440p at home, I'm going to hold out for early 2018 (until I get the itch, which is seemingly inevitable).
TIL there's a video game hall of fame.
Say goodbye to your battery.
Did you void your friends' warranty by doing that?