Posts by Big Elf

I'd start by remounting the GPU block making sure the correct thickness of thermal pads is used. Also make sure the protective film is removed from both sides of the pads
It's difficult to tell from the photo. It could be the bits that the Blitz flushed out of the system that haven't been flushed completely. If you have any nickel plated stuff in the loop I'd avoid using silver coils.
I know this has been mentioned before but thermal pads have protective film on both side which needs to be removed. If there's any doubt about it try some new thermal pads. Although it could be the angle of the photo it looks like the thermal pads on the VRMs are overlapping.
I get mine from here. Both male and female pins also available. The description might help you track them down outside the UK.
Check out the Lenovo P2 when it hits the UK for around £200. A 5100mAh battery should last a decent amount of time. It's currently available on contract with Three but should be for sale without contract soon. The biggest downside is Lenovo who have terrible support if things go wrong.
Are you sure they weren't specks of dust?
Thanks for the info. I'm in the UK and have just bought one from iFixit in Germany for my iPhone 4 which took just 2 days to arrive. The battery is a bit smaller than the original one and the ribbon cable to the connector is about twice as long as it needs to be but it does fit OK. After discharging and charging fully it measured a capacity of 1409mAh (using a simple USB charging/capacity meter) which is the first replacement battery for this phone I've had that is not a...
Looks like the low cost tools have improved in the couple of years I've been out of sleeving.
Ah, you're right it's not the Han Lon HT-225D tool.
That looks like the Han Lon HT-225D crimping tool. Unfortunately due to the design it doesn't fold over the 'wings' on the pins particularity at the insulation crimp and you can normally pull the pins off the wire after crimping with relatively little force.