Posts by Big Elf

Have a look at 'How To Sleeve Sata Pass-Through or Crimp Style Power Connectors?' on Page 1 of this thread. Difficult but not impossible.
I personally recommend the Thermaltake Dr Power II PSU tester as it will test the 8 pin PCI-E cables as well as the other main ones. No other tester I've come across will do that.
The Han Lon HT-225D crimper will never 'curl' the wings on the pin as the dies are flat and don't have the little 'bump' that causes the wing to make the heart shape. All the wings do with that tool is overlap. I've used that tool and was easily able to pull the pin off the wire when stretching the paracord or PET sleeving tightly onto the wire. If you find the wings break with that tool, the Lutro/MDPC-X tool or the SN-28B then the dies need adjusting. Somewhere in this...
If you're buying 6-32 (or other UNC Screws) from the UK then I recommend Model Fixings I get all mine from them. I believe they ship to Poland.
I bought my Ethylene Glycol from a local Lab supplier in the UK. I use about 50ml per litre of distilled water. I just cleaned off the 'rust' from the fittings with a toothbrush and reused them. The underlying metal is brass so it's not a problem and it wasn't visible when in the loop. Flushing out the rads with tap water should be fine for getting rid of any small deposits. I would avoid using any acids including vinegar on the fittings, in fact I've stopped using it...
I had a similar thing a few years ago. I didn't really pin it down but I was using copper sulphate as well as the kill coil which might have caused the copper ions to transfer to the silver coil. I also had what appeared to be rust rather than copper deposits on shiny silver bitspower fittings. It's possible that they use(d) a layer of iron/steel with the nickel and chrome but again I never pinned down the exact cause. Since I started using benzalkonium chloride and...
abbb - Your crimps look inconsistent particulalry the wire crimp. The insulation crimp appears to be biting too deep into the insulation. Are the jaws in the Crimp Tool tightened up fully? They may need adjustment although the pin normally distorts or breaks if they do. Are you putting the pin in the tool as far as it will go so that the rear wings are butting up against the little 'notch' (where the wire crimp is made) on the tool? Have you tried pre-crimping the pins?...
The PWM D5 runs at 60% when not connected to PWM. What other components are in the loop?
The pins will have different markings on them although they are hard to read (with my dodgy eyesight I can't see them). I can tell you that the modDIY pins I tried some time ago were rubbish but they didn't have the long wings. Have you ever been able to successfully crimp pins with the tool. The test crimps that were supplied with the tool should indicate it was tested and produces perfect crimps. I'm really surprised with that wire diameter. I use 2.3mm and yours looks...
Is that 2mm wire strand diameter? The wire with insulation looks closer to 2.8-3.0mm. I've had another thought, are those Molex pins or copies? I've had problems with copy pins deforming in the past.