Pros: Size inside, Wight, only 5.25" front (12)
Cons: Quality, Fingerprints stuck easy, Design
So lets start of with the first impression i got when i received this case. I was really amazed by the size of this case, both internally and externally, the accessories and screws you get when buying this case is just superb, you even get a small box to put the ones you don use.
After some time of use of this case it become clear that it suffered from the same problems as my previous PC-03 which also is black, the fingerprints stuck very easy on the black brushed aluminum and they're quite hard the get rid of.
Some rebuilds later my thoughts about the case was not as good as they were when i first got it, the quality does simply not feels as solid as my old 2006 PC-6070A, when i used the case without any optical drive or anything in the 5.25" bays the case is a little bit flimsy and not as sturdy as i would like it to be.
So let's put up the pros and cons i find with this case.
- Size, feels like everything can be fitted in it without problem.
- Weight, it's all aluminum, according to Lian Li, net wight is 9.2kg/20lbs
- Only 5.25" bays, i don't want a case with say 8 3,5" and i only 2 of them.
- Thumbscrews, thumbscrews and more thumbscrews, everything uses it, which is really nice.
- Includes three 5.25" HDD cages for up to 9 drives, all with rubber mounting.
- Lots of mounting hardware and screws and other case accessories.
- Size, both bad and good, i think internal design could have been done better then it is. I like how the old PC-A77 (non F) have the option for PSU on top or at bottom, that way you can fit a PnP rad at the top, which is impossible due to the fact that the MB tray is moved up on the new version (with a GTX360 rad).
- The quality made me disappointing, don't feels as solid as my previous Lian Li cases.
- Fingerprints stuck very easy on the aluminum and is not as easy to get rid of as you think.
Overall it's an great case, especially for modding, but the quality and in my opinion being unable to install a PnP rad at the top don't score a full 5 flames. For the case you get i think the price tag is a little bit on the expensive side, i could buy a TJ-07 for 30$ more.