Pros: Nice appearance, great accuracy, durable, comfortable, side buttons, good software
Cons: Newer products are out
1. Appearance: The MX518 has a very classy appearance. Instead of flashy lights like some other mice have, this one has an elegant metallic silver finish with black accents.
2. Performance: Despite being so old, the accuracy is still top notch. Originally they were 1600 dpi, but later Logitech updated them to be 1800 dpi. I've owned both versions and never had a single problem with them being able to keep up with my movements. There are small plastic feet on the bottom that allow it to smoothly glide over flat suraces.
3. Durability: I can definitely assure you that this is a durable mouse. After many years of use, mine still functions like brand new. Dropping your mouse is never recommended, but after dropping mine onto the floor before it still works without a problem.
4. Comfort: The logitech MX518 is a very comfortable mouse for right-handed people. There is a groove in the left side for your thumb and the overall shape is very comfortable. The weight, shape, and size all seem to have the perfect balance to make you forget that you're even using it.
5. Buttons: The MX518 has the standard right and left mouse buttons, a click-able scroll wheel, and also features two buttons on the left side that can be very useful for games. In FPS games, I always set one to "reload" so that I don't have to think about pressing a button on my keyboard. There are also three small buttons near the scroll wheel: one button to switch the active window and two buttons to change the dpi on the fly. They are small enough and correctly positioned so that you don't have to worry about accidentally pressing them in the middle of a game.
6. Software: The bundled software that comes with the mouse is actually very good. Logitech Setpoint allows you to not only set the dpi and sensitivity, but also have it change automatically when windows loads a game. The program runs in the background and doesn't use much of your system's resources.
7. Negatives: I actually prefer wired mice, but if you desire wireless then this mouse isn't for you. Also, the shape of this mouse was designed for right-handed people so lefties may want to consider a different mouse.
In conclusion, I would have to say that I highly recommend the Logitech MX518. The price is reasonable, the appearance is timeless, and the performance is top notch. Thanks for reading.