Pros: Great OC Capabilties, cheap, and runs cool
Cons: VRAM, Sapphire Trixx
OC: 1200 Mhz Core, 1300 Mhz Memory with VDDC at 1205 with sapphire Trixx. I have tried other OC tools and you cannot change the voltage unless you use Trixx.
How do the games run when overclocked?
- Metro: Last Light at Very High settings, no tesselation and 1050p will get you a never dropping 60fps. If you go 1080p with these settings you will get frame rate drops. If you turn on tesselation ten you will get 40fps.
- Mirror's Edge at highest settings, Physx off at 1440p will get you a constant 60fps and maybe a few drops to 55fps.
- Crysis 2 with Maldo's HD textures at 1080p will get you 60fps.
- Tomb Raider max settings without TressFX at 1080p will get you 60fps.
- Black Ops 2 max settings with 8xMSAA, max FXAA at 1440p will get you 60fps(At least in multiplayer)
Are temperatures any good?
Temperatures on stock settings will be in the mid to low 40s and on a hot day low 50s. When OC to the shown settings I get mid 50s to 61 degrees at the most.
You will come across that in some games that are more open world or just newer games will require more VRAM at higher settings. This will pose a problem for you if you want to run max settings (4xMSAA) on 1080p running at 60fps or if you have a higher resolution monitor and want to run 1440p or downsample. Another downside is that you cannot increase voltage on this card unless you use Sapphire's overclocking tool which is lacking compared to others.
If you can find the 2GB version of this card at around $160 then you should buy it.