After releasing the ground breaking Fortress FT03 chassis in 2011, SilverStone engineers took on the challenge of making a smaller version to further increase the appeal of this unique computer form factor. Through intelligent planning and reengineering, the engineers were able to create the FT03-MINI, which improves on the simplistic design of the FT03 while reducing the size by 50%. Using 2.5mm thick, sand-blasted and anodized aluminum outer shells with no cable connectors and vents on all four sides to complement an efficient, organized layout, this chassis helps SilverStone to again set new standards in small form factor computers.
The interior of the FT03-MINI utilizes SilverStone’s unique stack effect cooling layout so a Mini-ITX motherboard is mounted in 90 degree rotation to take advantage of hot air’s natural tendency to rise. The FT03-MINI can accommodate graphic cards up to 10”, support one 3.5” and two 2.5” drives, and even entry-level liquid cooling can be installed to satisfy needs of enthusiasts. As the new small form factor chassis addition to the Fortress series, the FT03-MINI is truly a paradigm.
- Super mini footprint design with no cables and vents on four sides
- Ample space for CPU cooling (78mm in height)
- Elevated standoff for motherboard back side components
- Includes 140mm Air Penetrator fan and support entry level liquid cooling
- Support for two 2.5” SSD/hard drives and one 3.5” hard drive
- Mini-DTX / Mini-ITX motherboard & SFX PSU compatible
- Standard-length expansion cards support (10 inches)