Pros: Excellent tracking, sensitivity adjustments responsive and nuanced, just right for me in terms of size/weight, click clarity, clean scroll wheel.
Cons: Just wish I could transplant my Naga's side-buttons.
This is a really nice joint from SteelSeries that I've quickly grown rather fond of. Having intended to use it as a place-holder until I could order a new Naga I've since decided to keep it as my daily mouse.
- If you like a larger mouse, this is a great size. It is clearly designed around a claw grip but I'm a fingertipper most of the time and this mouse gives me no issue.
- I like a mouse with just a dash of heft, and this is just right for me. At 103g (not counting the cable) it's right where I like a mouse to be.
- The sensor is superb, much better than the Razer sensor and the primary reason as to why I've completely readjusted my WoW keybinds. It's just that good - highly accurate and customisable.
- The SteelSeries software is light (lighter and less obtrusive than synapse) and allows you to set two active profiles for DPI which you can then switch on the fly by simply pressing the top button on the mouse near the scroll wheel (and to their credit it's nearly impossible to toggle accidentally). This is great functionality and I find myself using it often.
- Build quality is very good, and the studded grips on both side of the mouse are comfortable and practical.
- Doesn't hurt that it's a great deal for its price. (can be had for £50ish, $50ish, don't jump immediately on to the Amazon price.)
- I prefer a braided cable, which this mouse lacks. No big deal, though. My cats haven't attacked the rubberised cable yet so I can't really complain.
Highly recommend this mouse.