Overclock.net banner

Logitech X-530's 5.1 sounds like 2.1 at the moment?

2K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  Pirate 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

Just brought a pair of Logitech X-530's

Problem is that im not really achieving the fully 5.1 sound.

Does anyone know how to achieve this

My Soundcards Are:

SoundMAX Digital Audio (OnBoard)
CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device

Hope this information helps

Pirate

#2 ·
Are all wires plugged in correctly? Double check to make sure.

Go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > At the bottom of the "Volume" tab there is speaker settings, click advanced and make sure its set to '5.1 Surround Sound Speakers'

While there you can click on the Audio tab and set which devices are for what, make sure the sound card you want is what is actually enabled.

Failing that, try reinstalling the drivers for the device and see if it detects the correct speakers.

#3 ·
what, try to reinstall the Audio Drivers, theres no such programs that let you configure stuff like that is there?

#4 ·
Yes, reinstall the drivers for the soundcard.

There is software that configures speakers, but that is for creating virtual 5.1 on a 2.1 system and things like that. When you have 5.1 speakers you don't need virtual 5.1

#5 ·
tried that, didnt really make a difference

#8 ·
i plug each speaker in at one time and play music, only 2 really seem to be running full and the rest you can only hear it faintly

would it be my soundcard?

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate

i plug each speaker in at one time and play music, only 2 really seem to be running full and the rest you can only hear it faintly

would it be my soundcard?

go too your volume propeties and u can turn the rear and center speakers up then turn the front down a lil and adjust the volume a lil higher than normal

#10 ·
I have it plugged into the PCI sound card coz that has the orange plug included on it, soundmax doesnt have it

Where do I go to turn down the different speakers etc.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate

I have it plugged into the PCI sound card coz that has the orange plug included on it, soundmax doesnt have it

Where do I go to turn down the different speakers etc.

go to your volume properties and enable all the advanced settings

#12 ·
Advanced Controls are greyed out

#14 ·
where

i can change it to soundmax to get 2 more sliders but soundmax doesnt have an orange port

#16 ·
ill tell you what i see

on my soundMAX

Pink Port, Green Port, Blue Port

on my CMedia

black, orange, green, pink, blue

#18 ·
ya you need to use the black orange and green on the Cmedia card. do you speakers let you change the volume on the rear speakers. btw the rear speakers are suppose to be quieter

#20 ·
it has a base switch on the back of the sub, and only one speaker has a vol control

btw, when windows XP identified my Sound card, it listed it as a C-Media, when I brought it, it was a Mercury

#21 ·
Windows Media Player 10
WinAmp 5.08

#23 ·
cant seem to find the 5.1 plug-in, anyone one want to point me to a page where I can download one?

#25 ·
these are the settings Im looking at
LL

#26 ·
more info....

the right rear, the left rear and the front centre are the speakers not producing sound

the front left and the front right are the only ones that are producing sound

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.