Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › If I got a Dell U2711....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

If I got a Dell U2711.... - Page 3

post #21 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tats;13279436 
If you are going to order one from Dell - look at the estimated ship date. For me yesterday it was May 21st. I spoke to someone on their live chat about how realistic that was and he sent me a quote with guaranteed three day delivery from the time I placed my order.

I'm still undecided - $1100 for a monitor seems just a bit extreme for me.

Buy it from Amazon for $900 with free 2 day shipping.
post #22 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tats View Post
If you are going to order one from Dell - look at the estimated ship date. For me yesterday it was May 21st. I spoke to someone on their live chat about how realistic that was and he sent me a quote with guaranteed three day delivery from the time I placed my order.

I'm still undecided - $1100 for a monitor seems just a bit extreme for me.
I'm with you on that,
not to mention to max games (which is the whole point?)
you'd need to invest another 300-350 on another card
Liquid Ocelot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Sapphire HD6950 OC'd Core 950 Mem 1400 stock volts 6Gigs 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1Tb WD Caviar Black Windows 7 64-bit 24" HP ZR24w IPS :)) Razer Blackwidow Ult. 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850w Antec 102 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Liquid Ocelot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Sapphire HD6950 OC'd Core 950 Mem 1400 stock volts 6Gigs 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1Tb WD Caviar Black Windows 7 64-bit 24" HP ZR24w IPS :)) Razer Blackwidow Ult. 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850w Antec 102 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segovax View Post
Buy it from Amazon for $900 with free 2 day shipping.
The only thing is that it isn't sold by Amazon but by Data Master. You then have to go through Dell for any issues and Date Master has a 20% restocking fee. I love amazon but only when I am actually dealing with Amazon.


Edit: @Tralala - I've been asking around and one 580 is enough for just about everything - I don't care to run 32x msaa or anything so I should be good
Edited by tats - 4/26/11 at 10:39am
post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tats View Post
The only thing is that it isn't sold by Amazon but by Data Master. You then have to go through Dell for any issues and Date Master has a 20% restocking fee. I love amazon but only when I am actually dealing with Amazon.


Edit: @Tralala - I've been asking around and one 580 is enough for just about everything - I don't care to run 32x msaa or anything so I should be good
Ya agreed.

But seriously who needs x32 MSAA when you are playing at such high resolution anyway?
post #25 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segovax View Post
Ya agreed.

But seriously who needs x32 MSAA when you are playing at such high resolution anyway?
I dun has a 580 ;p
Liquid Ocelot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Sapphire HD6950 OC'd Core 950 Mem 1400 stock volts 6Gigs 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1Tb WD Caviar Black Windows 7 64-bit 24" HP ZR24w IPS :)) Razer Blackwidow Ult. 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850w Antec 102 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Liquid Ocelot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Sapphire HD6950 OC'd Core 950 Mem 1400 stock volts 6Gigs 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1Tb WD Caviar Black Windows 7 64-bit 24" HP ZR24w IPS :)) Razer Blackwidow Ult. 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850w Antec 102 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralala View Post
I dun has a 580 ;p
I thought you meant that I would have to get another card.... my bad
post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralala View Post
I dun has a 580 ;p
You will get pretty close performance at the resolution you want though as opposed to a 580.
post #28 of 32
Thread Starter 
gah, too many choices

so confoosing!
Liquid Ocelot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Sapphire HD6950 OC'd Core 950 Mem 1400 stock volts 6Gigs 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1Tb WD Caviar Black Windows 7 64-bit 24" HP ZR24w IPS :)) Razer Blackwidow Ult. 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850w Antec 102 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Liquid Ocelot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Sapphire HD6950 OC'd Core 950 Mem 1400 stock volts 6Gigs 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1Tb WD Caviar Black Windows 7 64-bit 24" HP ZR24w IPS :)) Razer Blackwidow Ult. 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850w Antec 102 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralala View Post
gah, too many choices

so confoosing!
What other monitors are you considering?
post #30 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tats View Post
What other monitors are you considering?
check the other thread I just posted
with the options I"m considering
Liquid Ocelot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Sapphire HD6950 OC'd Core 950 Mem 1400 stock volts 6Gigs 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1Tb WD Caviar Black Windows 7 64-bit 24" HP ZR24w IPS :)) Razer Blackwidow Ult. 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850w Antec 102 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Liquid Ocelot
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Sapphire HD6950 OC'd Core 950 Mem 1400 stock volts 6Gigs 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1Tb WD Caviar Black Windows 7 64-bit 24" HP ZR24w IPS :)) Razer Blackwidow Ult. 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850w Antec 102 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › If I got a Dell U2711....