Overclock.net banner

[Battle.net] WoW Cataclysm Patch 4.1, Brings DX11.

7K views 87 replies 58 participants last post by  un1b4ll 
#1 ·
Quote:
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm patch 4.1 is now live! For your reference, we've compiled all the new content and features, official art, trailer, and patch notes in this handy blog entry.
Source

WoW gets DX11 before Crysis 2, OH THE IRONY!!!

Not a repost, hopefully.

• Rep+
Reactions: Oranuro
#2 ·
LOL. Like WOW needed DX11 lol!

• Rep+
Reactions: Crouch and Oranuro
#4 ·
What does it add?

#5 ·
Rise of the Zandalari? Where is the story behind this dungeon, it doesn't make any sense. Why on earth would the Zandarlari side with the gurubashi when at lvl 60 you ran ZG to kill the gurubashi for the zandarali. It just doesn't make any sense.. WoW has now disappointed me.

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT. Peppers;13288291
Rise of the Zandalari? Where is the story behind this dungeon, it doesn't make any sense. Why on earth would the Zandarlari side with the gurubashi when at lvl 60 you ran ZG to kill the gurubashi for the zandarali. It just doesn't make any sense.. WoW has now disappointed me.
Oh ZG, how I will never forget you....

But yes, you have a very good point there. But its been a long known fact that Blizz has been neglecting Lore while they dumb down content for all types of players as well as making all DPS, Healers, and Tanks have the same abilities.

#9 ·
Quote:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2514161#blog

#12 ·
Quote:
Yeah, because allegiances never change. Just ask Arthas...

#13 ·
Wow all these posts and not one wow basher, I'm actually surprised
biggrin.gif

I heard they were changing multi shot damage? If so I don't care much, I want volley back, hunters are they only DPS I'm aware of that don't have a proper AOE shot/spell

#14 ·
WoW is a joke these days. Any serious storyline stopped with TBC in my opinion and the last high quality raid was Sunwell.

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by NrGx;13288882
WoW is a joke these days. Any serious storyline stopped with TBC in my opinion and the last high quality raid was Sunwell.
While incredibly irritating and annoying to someone who raided late Classic and all of BC, I dont think that it makes the game a joke. It was done very intentionally to give the more casual players access to end game. And as much as you dont like it, the true raiders are the minority in WoW, casual players are where the money is for Blizzard so they need to tailor the game to both. That being said any change they make in the interest of cashflow looks bad to a raider because its going to be simplification of the game.

But to be clear, simplification of a game doesnt make a game a joke. For instance, Angry Birds. Insanely simple gameplay, concept, story, graphics. Yet a very fun and oddly satisfying game to play.

#17 ·
Quote:
Yeah uh, Lich King for 25 mans was a biatch. Especially in Heroic mode. Loved that raid to bits.

And to someone else, yeah Multi-shot was increased, but my friends are saying that they don't notice a difference in damage. Also Blizzard for mages was increased like 900 percent and I honestly don't see much of a damage difference either.

#21 ·
Damn. At this rate, even LoL will get DX11 before Crysis 2 does. ZING!!
lachen.gif

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen;13289116
Heroic raid bosses in Cata are actually really hard......
I never said anything about difficulty. Merely that I stopped enjoying the storyline all together. Ulduar was good but my mouth was completely sour from the taste of Naxx 25.

#23 ·
Quote:
agree, cata brought the tbc like dificulty raid mode again but still not as hard as tbc, tbc had more fun raids like scv and bt specialy the brutus fight and the one you need to control the ghost's, blizz haven't evolve raid's fight since then, only ulduar in wtlk was the best raid they had on that noob expansion. they completely destroyed the game, professions not that fun to lvl up anymore, and doesn't have the unique specialization's it had before, like axemaster, swordmaster as for blacksmith. the game is still fun but boring after a while -.-'

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kedas
View Post

agree, cata brought the tbc like dificulty raid mode again but still not as hard as tbc, tbc had more fun raids like scv and bt specialy the brutus fight and the one you need to control the ghost's, blizz haven't evolve raid's fight since then, only ulduar in wtlk was the best raid they had on that noob expansion. they completely destroyed the game, professions not that fun to lvl up anymore, and doesn't have the unique specialization's it had before, like axemaster, swordmaster as for blacksmith. the game is still fun but boring after a while -.-'

During my three year play time, nothing to me was quite as epic, or as exciting than fighting against Archimonde (probably my favorite boss fight) and Illidan, getting my first piece of T6 to the last. It felt odd defeating him because even at that moment it felt like the game had no where to go but down from there. Illidan was the ultimate villain, I don't care what the lore says about Arthas, he was merely corrupted.

There was just something epic about raiding BT in partial T4 + T5. Each boss had this immense gravity and bearing that wasn't matched since.

Even though I quit the game due to the hatred for the endless grind, and being burned out after running heroic CC 25 just before ICC came out, I wish I could relive my BT raiding days. It was the best fun I've ever had in gaming.

#26 ·
Of course Vanilla WoW and TBC were the best times at WoW. There is no need
to say that nowadays WoW is just not the same and it kinda sucks comparing
to what it used to be. Blizzard doesn't really have any ideas as it seems.. I don't
really find the idea of the new patch any cool.. I stopped playing wow a long time
ago, but it seems like nothing has changed for the better at all..but this is just IMO
cuz I haven't really touched anything related to WoW lately (except short movies
like thist railer).

On the topic, it is pretty cool they already have the DX11 and I am kinda surprised, though I heard about this back @ december2010. Hopefully, they have changed the visual effects of the trees.. xD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.