Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Tablets › Bought an iPad2! (with updates)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bought an iPad2! (with updates) - Page 13

post #121 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Oh MY GOD Capture Pilot!!

WOW!!

GROUND BREAKING!!

That's one expensive feature.
Yeah, it is. Since you can't grasp how it can be used let me explain.

When on a tethered shoot it makes no sense to have everyone gathered around the computer and it's also insanely inconvenient. With capture pilot one can access a live stream of photos from the shoot thus...

- The stylist who's probably not on the set can see how the photos are turning out and see if any changes need to be made. This is useful for stuff like fashion.

- Assistents can see what's going on with each photo while not having to look at the comp each time. So if they're adjusting strobes they can see the changes while not having to move away from the strobes.

- Someone like the art director can view the photos from the shoot without having to be near the comp. And since they can see all the changes that are being made they don't need to go back and forth each time the photographer makes a change. This also will let the art director make decisions while the shoots going on so they don't have to stop, review the photos and continue again.

So yes, it's quite ground breaking for some people.


Quote:
Originally Posted by arekieh View Post
Stop arguing specific cases and get general. Everything has its use for some specific case even if it costs 10 million dollars and can only do one simple task it could be worth it to somebody. But that is a special niche and nobody is talking about that.
Fine. They get a bigger screen. Doesn't sound amazing but a lot of people find that quite useful including me and enough reason to buy one. That's the reason I want the Asus Transformer. So I can browse online easier, watch movies, use it as a portfolio, etc... Sure a laptop can accomplish that but not in the same manner.
Edited by Marin - 4/28/11 at 1:09pm
Rig
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K MSI X99A SLI PLUS EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Happy Hacking Keyboard 2  EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Steelseries QcK Mass M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.7 HT Gigabyte X58A-UD3R VisionTek 4870x2 3x4GB's G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB AAKS, 2x 640GB AAKS, 2x 1TB Samsung SH-S203B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Silverstone OP850 Antec 1200 [Three Nanoxia FX12] [Two San Ace 1011] Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3615QM GT 650M 16GB DDR3 256GB SSD 
OS
OS X Mountain Lion 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K MSI X99A SLI PLUS EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Happy Hacking Keyboard 2  EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Steelseries QcK Mass M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.7 HT Gigabyte X58A-UD3R VisionTek 4870x2 3x4GB's G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB AAKS, 2x 640GB AAKS, 2x 1TB Samsung SH-S203B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Silverstone OP850 Antec 1200 [Three Nanoxia FX12] [Two San Ace 1011] Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3615QM GT 650M 16GB DDR3 256GB SSD 
OS
OS X Mountain Lion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #122 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by arekieh View Post
Also, blanket statements apply. Theyre true 99% of the time and thats all that matters. You 1% outliers nobody cares about and nobody looks at (if you know what i mean).


Stop arguing specific cases and get general. Everything has its use for some specific case even if it costs 10 million dollars and can only do one simple task it could be worth it to somebody. But that is a special niche and nobody is talking about that.
I'd heavily disagree with that line of thinking. By that logic, enthusiast PCs like ours and DSLRs for photography like mine and Marin's would also be invalidated.

With any sort of market, there's always going to be people using a product when a better alternative exists. There's going to be people buying $800 iPads for Angry Birds just as there are people buying Alienwares for WoW or 7Ds/D7000s for green box auto photography. Even with your Android platform smartphones, there's a ton of people who use it only for Facebook and YouTube. I admit it is a dumb mindset, but it's really not exclusive to the iPad (or Apple, for that matter). I think it's just natural that, as a PC community, we'd emphasize this trend in Apple more than most other manufacturers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Yeah, it is. Since you can't grasp how it can be used let me explain.

When on a tethered shoot it makes no sense to have everyone gathered around the computer and it's also insanely inconvenient. With capture pilot one can access a live stream of photos from the shoot thus...

- The stylus who's probably not on the set can see how the photos are turning out and see if any changes need to be made. This is useful for stuff like fashion.

- Assistents can see what's going on with each photo while not having to look at the comp each time. So if they're adjusting strobes they can see the changes while not having to move away from the strobes.

- Someone like the art director can view the photos from the shoot without having to be near the comp. And since they can see all the changes that are being made they don't need to be near the comp. This also will let the art director make decisions while the shoots going on so they don't have to stop, review the photos and continue again.

So yes, it's quite ground breaking for some people.
I don't have as much experience in the studio as you do, but nevertheless, +1 to all of those points in my experience.
post #123 of 126
Enjoy your iPad2 dude.
post #124 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Fine. They get a bigger screen. Doesn't sound amazing but a lot of people find that quite useful including me and enough reason to buy one. That's the reason I want the Asus Transformer. So I can browse online easier, watch movies, use it as a portfolio, etc... Sure a laptop can accomplish that but not in the same manner.
True but still dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by r31ncarnat3d View Post
I'd heavily disagree with that line of thinking. By that logic, enthusiast PCs like ours and DSLRs for photography like mine and Marin's would also be invalidated.

With any sort of market, there's always going to be people using a product when a better alternative exists. There's going to be people buying $800 iPads for Angry Birds just as there are people buying Alienwares for WoW or 7Ds/D7000s for green box auto photography. Even with your Android platform smartphones, there's a ton of people who use it only for Facebook and YouTube. I admit it is a dumb mindset, but it's really not exclusive to the iPad (or Apple, for that matter). I think it's just natural that, as a PC community, we'd emphasize this trend in Apple more than most other manufacturers.




I don't have as much experience in the studio as you do, but nevertheless, +1 to all of those points in my experience.
Touche, your right.


-I still theyre dumb to buy for most people but no different then anything else i guess.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P67-M Pro HD 4890 2x4gb Gskill DDR3 16000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60gb Force 3 SSD + 1TB Caviar Black Samsung 22X DVD Windows 7 x64 Ultimate LG IPS 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Silverstone 700W Corsair 600T Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P67-M Pro HD 4890 2x4gb Gskill DDR3 16000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60gb Force 3 SSD + 1TB Caviar Black Samsung 22X DVD Windows 7 x64 Ultimate LG IPS 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Silverstone 700W Corsair 600T Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
How is it better as a paperweight when all those features outweigh such a comment.

Since I keep mentioning Capture Pilot, here's an example. It's better on the iPad because it has a bigger screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es1L0wqo9U0


This is the most beautiful thin i have ever seen...all the more reason for me to get off my butt and start my business...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X2 250 Asus M2A74-AM Asus Dark Knight 4870 1GB G.Skill 2GB x 2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 500GB & 1TB LG Windows 7 x64 Westinghouse 32'' 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 400w Antec Mini P180 Razer Diamondback 3G 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X2 250 Asus M2A74-AM Asus Dark Knight 4870 1GB G.Skill 2GB x 2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 500GB & 1TB LG Windows 7 x64 Westinghouse 32'' 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 400w Antec Mini P180 Razer Diamondback 3G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #126 of 126
Arekieh, a lot of people buy stupid things, and they use their money to buy these things, therefore you have no input on what they buy so stop trying to persuade the whole world that the iPad is just a paperweight. If you don't like the iPad because you think your cellphone or laptop can do the same (which you're wrong) well that's fine, just shutup about it.
Time Sink
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k ASUS Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 670 FTW G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung F3 1TB Crucial C300 128GB Corsair Force GT 60GB Noctua NH-U12P 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 8.1 Professional x64 Apple OS X Mavericks HP ZR24w LG IPS226V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Seasonic X750 Lian-Li PC-A05B Logitech M500 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Mionix Propus 380 Zero USB DAC (2009 Version) Emotiva Pro airmotiv 4 Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohm 
Audio
Shure SRH-840 
  hide details  
Reply
Time Sink
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k ASUS Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX 670 FTW G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung F3 1TB Crucial C300 128GB Corsair Force GT 60GB Noctua NH-U12P 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 8.1 Professional x64 Apple OS X Mavericks HP ZR24w LG IPS226V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Seasonic X750 Lian-Li PC-A05B Logitech M500 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Mionix Propus 380 Zero USB DAC (2009 Version) Emotiva Pro airmotiv 4 Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohm 
Audio
Shure SRH-840 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tablets
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Tablets › Bought an iPad2! (with updates)