Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Need a decent ~$250 ATT and TMobile No Contract
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need a decent ~$250 ATT and TMobile No Contract - Page 2

post #11 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdog View Post
I have AT&T and I have 2 of these phones one for my wife, I dont know about Tmobile
=/
Well doesn't no contract mean that it's unlocked and would work?
She doesn't use 3g
Sorry I'm really a fool with phones =/
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 22
All the phones I linked say ATT, they dont say unlocked
Problem Child
(13 items)
 
TROUBLEMAKER
(14 items)
 
Alienbuild1
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 7970 G.Skill 16g 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 120 SSD WD 1TB Asus 24x XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK mobo waterblocks W7 Ultimate HP LA2205wg x 3 Antec 1000 TPQ 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 4.0@1.26v MSI P55-GD80 GTX 460 G.Skill 4x2gb ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 840gb Asus 24x H100i W7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP LA2205wg  HP  1000 w Antec Lanboy Air 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 C3 ma790x-ud4p Radeon HD 5770 OC OCZ 800 4x2gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2-500gb WD Caviar Blue raid0 LG Super Multi 24x, Asus 24x Windows 7 Ultimate 64 LG 23" 
PowerCase
Raidmax RX630Z Logisys Case 51 
  hide details  
Reply
Problem Child
(13 items)
 
TROUBLEMAKER
(14 items)
 
Alienbuild1
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 7970 G.Skill 16g 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 120 SSD WD 1TB Asus 24x XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK mobo waterblocks W7 Ultimate HP LA2205wg x 3 Antec 1000 TPQ 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 4.0@1.26v MSI P55-GD80 GTX 460 G.Skill 4x2gb ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 840gb Asus 24x H100i W7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP LA2205wg  HP  1000 w Antec Lanboy Air 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 C3 ma790x-ud4p Radeon HD 5770 OC OCZ 800 4x2gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2-500gb WD Caviar Blue raid0 LG Super Multi 24x, Asus 24x Windows 7 Ultimate 64 LG 23" 
PowerCase
Raidmax RX630Z Logisys Case 51 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdog View Post
All the phones I linked say ATT, they dont say unlocked
But there are variations of it like this
are no contract?
Does that mean they work on T-Mobile too?
Because if they don't we need a new phone lol.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 22
All the phones I linked are no contract, unlocked is different, unlocked should work with any carrier that has a sim card...I think..
I think AT&T bought Tmobile but I dont think its official yet
Edit: some of these say unlocked for both companies http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=att....c0.m270.l1313
Edited by Kevdog - 4/27/11 at 10:16pm
Problem Child
(13 items)
 
TROUBLEMAKER
(14 items)
 
Alienbuild1
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 7970 G.Skill 16g 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 120 SSD WD 1TB Asus 24x XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK mobo waterblocks W7 Ultimate HP LA2205wg x 3 Antec 1000 TPQ 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 4.0@1.26v MSI P55-GD80 GTX 460 G.Skill 4x2gb ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 840gb Asus 24x H100i W7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP LA2205wg  HP  1000 w Antec Lanboy Air 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 C3 ma790x-ud4p Radeon HD 5770 OC OCZ 800 4x2gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2-500gb WD Caviar Blue raid0 LG Super Multi 24x, Asus 24x Windows 7 Ultimate 64 LG 23" 
PowerCase
Raidmax RX630Z Logisys Case 51 
  hide details  
Reply
Problem Child
(13 items)
 
TROUBLEMAKER
(14 items)
 
Alienbuild1
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 7970 G.Skill 16g 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 120 SSD WD 1TB Asus 24x XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK mobo waterblocks W7 Ultimate HP LA2205wg x 3 Antec 1000 TPQ 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 4.0@1.26v MSI P55-GD80 GTX 460 G.Skill 4x2gb ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 840gb Asus 24x H100i W7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP LA2205wg  HP  1000 w Antec Lanboy Air 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 C3 ma790x-ud4p Radeon HD 5770 OC OCZ 800 4x2gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2-500gb WD Caviar Blue raid0 LG Super Multi 24x, Asus 24x Windows 7 Ultimate 64 LG 23" 
PowerCase
Raidmax RX630Z Logisys Case 51 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdog View Post
All the phones I linked are no contract, unlocked is different, unlocked should work with any carrier that has a sim card...I think..
I think AT&T bought Tmobile but I dont think its official yet
Edit: some of these say unlocked for both companies http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=att....c0.m270.l1313
Oh that's right...ATT bought T-Mobile.
Well thanks for your help, I'll wait for the opinion of others.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomiyamu! View Post
Oh that's right...ATT bought T-Mobile.
Well thanks for your help, I'll wait for the opinion of others.
wrong
ATT want to buy T-Mo
but the merger has to go through the FCC and such and is still pending

and FYI

if you use a ATT branded phone and your on ATT and your phone also happens to be a smartphone...ATT will detect your IMEI and force you to have a data contract......

this won't happen as long as you use a non ATT phone on ATT
if that makes sense

I'm unsure of T-Mo's policy though
post #17 of 22
HD2 flashed to Android. Overclocked it keeps up with the latest phones. I use a T-Mobile HTC HD2 on AT&T's network without data, but it only runs on their EDGE network. It's a great phone, and can be had for <$250 easily. But it may be a bit large, it has a 4.3 in screen. But that's the way I like my phones, big and tall.
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaSupra View Post
HD2 flashed to Android. Overclocked it keeps up with the latest phones. I use a T-Mobile HTC HD2 on AT&T's network without data, but it only runs on their EDGE network. It's a great phone, and can be had for <$250 easily. But it may be a bit large, it has a 4.3 in screen. But that's the way I like my phones, big and tall.
Does it HAVE to be flashed to Android?
I have nothing against modifying stuff but I'd like not to if it causes problems.
T-Mobile on AT&T is really what we need
If we run it on T-Mobile will the stuff in the post before yours happen?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomiyamu! View Post
Does it HAVE to be flashed to Android?
I have nothing against modifying stuff but I'd like not to if it causes problems.
T-Mobile on AT&T is really what we need
If we run it on T-Mobile will the stuff in the post before yours happen?
HD2 is originally using the old Windows Phone 6.5 platform, so yes you need to flash Android. Maybe also Windows Phone 7 while you're at it, since the HD2 can basically support even Windows 98 and Linux flavors.

Basically, if you use a T-Mobile smartphone on an AT&T network and vice versa, neither of the two carriers will charge you for a data plan. The phones' IMEI numbers aren't in their library so they leave it at that. However, once you use T-Mo on T-Mo and AT&T on AT&T, they will charge you for data.
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsoviet View Post
HD2 is originally using the old Windows Phone 6.5 platform, so yes you need to flash Android. Maybe also Windows Phone 7 while you're at it, since the HD2 can basically support even Windows 98 and Linux flavors.

Basically, if you use a T-Mobile smartphone on an AT&T network and vice versa, neither of the two carriers will charge you for a data plan. The phones' IMEI numbers aren't in their library so they leave it at that. However, once you use T-Mo on T-Mo and AT&T on AT&T, they will charge you for data.
this pretty much sums everything up

any questions, just ask us
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Need a decent ~$250 ATT and TMobile No Contract