Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Joystiq]Sony: New PS3 firmware to accompany PSN relaunch, network being physically r
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Joystiq]Sony: New PS3 firmware to accompany PSN relaunch, network being physically r - Page 8

post #71 of 104
Then again it did take what 6 years for this to happen?
post #72 of 104
First the function Random returns 4 crap and now this?!

I'm speaking of PSN being hacked. It's good on them that they at least encrypted but in another article it said they're physically moving their datacenter... was it not behind locked doors?!
My gaming desk
(14 items)
 
Miner
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Sapphire 290x Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 460 WD 1TB Blue Koolance 380A EK-FC R9-290X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Pro Panel DUCKY! Antec HCP 850W 
CaseMouse
Hand built wooden desk Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10 7850K ASUS A88X-Pro Sapphire 280x Sapphire 280x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Patriot Viper Xtreme Div4 1866mhz 60GB Vertex2 WD Caviar 500AAKS XSPC Rasa 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit EVGA 1000W G2 Thermaltake Level 10 GTS 
  hide details  
Reply
My gaming desk
(14 items)
 
Miner
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Sapphire 290x Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 460 WD 1TB Blue Koolance 380A EK-FC R9-290X 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Pro Panel DUCKY! Antec HCP 850W 
CaseMouse
Hand built wooden desk Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD A10 7850K ASUS A88X-Pro Sapphire 280x Sapphire 280x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Patriot Viper Xtreme Div4 1866mhz 60GB Vertex2 WD Caviar 500AAKS XSPC Rasa 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit EVGA 1000W G2 Thermaltake Level 10 GTS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseo461x View Post
Hopefully this is soon because I got Socom four and really want to play it online.
I got to play for 2 hours before it went down = (
Foxbox
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 6850K 4.5 AsRock Taichi X99 GTX 1080Ti Hybrid  GTX 1080Ti Hybrid  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3333MHz 15-17-17-35 1.35V Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 10 Pro OLED55C7P Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1200i  Corsair 780T Logitech G502 Proteus  OCZ 
AudioAudio
HW-K550  Sennheiser PC 373D 
  hide details  
Reply
Foxbox
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 6850K 4.5 AsRock Taichi X99 GTX 1080Ti Hybrid  GTX 1080Ti Hybrid  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3333MHz 15-17-17-35 1.35V Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 10 Pro OLED55C7P Corsair K65 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1200i  Corsair 780T Logitech G502 Proteus  OCZ 
AudioAudio
HW-K550  Sennheiser PC 373D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 104
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post
First the function Random returns 4 crap and now this?!

I'm speaking of PSN being hacked. It's good on them that they at least encrypted but in another article it said they're physically moving their datacenter... was it not behind locked doors?!
Moving the datacenter probably has to do with them rebuilding in the infrastructure. I'm not a network IT wiz or student or graduate but additional authentication servers and hardware firewalls sounds like that they're doing. I could be entirely wrong.
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 104
Example 1:

If someone came into your house, stole your Sony T.V. and Sony Blu-Ray player, would you sit there and think...
"Gee, Sony took away my right to use Linux, and they sued Geohot... This must have been done in retalitiation for that. "Yeah!!! Go burglers!!!!"

Example 2:
Or an even better example would be that Someone you know lent their credit card to what seemed a reliable friend whom you didn't like, who's house then got broken into and the card was stolen. But for you kiddies this logic still boils down to "Yeah!!! Goooo Burglers!!!"

Example 3:
If you see that somoene has left their front door open, or maybe even a window. (Retarded though they may be). Would you go into that persons house and take their things?

If somone stole your Steam passwords you'd all be crying bloody murder. There is nothing and no one to support in this issue except a criminal who stole everyone's information. Why are you supporting him?
Ereshkigal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 ASUS P5B DELUXE EVGA 8800GTS 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
western digital 200GBSATA XP SP2 Home 19" generic Saitek Eclipse Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
stock 410W / TT dedicated GPU 250W PSU INWIN x710 Logitech MX1000 ... Uhhhh my desk 
  hide details  
Reply
Ereshkigal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 ASUS P5B DELUXE EVGA 8800GTS 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
western digital 200GBSATA XP SP2 Home 19" generic Saitek Eclipse Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
stock 410W / TT dedicated GPU 250W PSU INWIN x710 Logitech MX1000 ... Uhhhh my desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
Don't act like an idiot, good sir. You are completely twisting my argument. If the bank leaves its vault open, security cameras turned off, alarm turned off and someone walks in, then yes the bank is to blame. That does not mean the robber is innocent and I never implied that the perpetrator is innocent.
that's the beauty of the internet isn't it? you can call me an idiot because it's not real. i don't care how you want to write it off.

"i said you were acting like an idiot, not that you were one"

in reality if you and i were face to face, those words would never leave your mouth.

but in this digital world you can say that, because there's no real consequence to what you say or do on here.

you see that's why you think the way you do. you live in an age where you can say or do whatever you want because you're perpetually anonymous.

when someone before me said it's the generation, they weren't lying. it's the lack of consequence that allows people to do these things. but when consequences come knocking at your door it's not fair.

there is no difference between breaking into a building and breaking into sony's network. they're both illegal. and as i was told growing up, don't commit the crime if you can't do the time.

so i should feel bad for geohot because he got caught and was punished for doing something illegal?

i don't think so.

see the deal is once you start doing illegal things and justify them to yourself you lose your compass. sony doesn't have sophisticated enough security? i should exploit it and steal games, that'll teach them.

so what's to stop someone from stealing a candy bar because the supermarket doesn't have good enough security? you're just teaching them a lesson right?

and who cares if that leads to the grocery store patting down every customer before they leave? not my problem.

i know you get all hot and bothered watching swordfish and the matrix, but that's not how it works.

your heroes are guys who are selling credit card information and personal data. who are exposing innocent people to identity theft because they want to prove a point.

they're punk kids who feel like spray painting a police car is changing the system.

they hate the government and big corporations, but use intel products to fight them.

they don't know anything, they just hate everything.

and i'd be willing to bet they don't even vote.

all it is is digital bullying. what really gets ya too is that they were probably bullied in real life, and now have found a way to do the same thing to someone else and say it's for the greater good.

well i watched Hot Fuzz and sometimes the greater good is a stupid ideal.

i hope one day people like this can trade in their high horses for a seat-less toilet bowl made of steel.
Gamer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K ASRock z77 Extreme4 EVGA GTX670FW Corsair 8GB Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Green  Crucial M4 Seagate Barracuda Sony 20x DVDRW SATA 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100 Windows 7 HP 64-bit Asus VE247 Westinghouse L2220HW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 510 XFX XXX 650W Corsair 600T Logitech M400 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish Reversible  
  hide details  
Reply
Gamer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K ASRock z77 Extreme4 EVGA GTX670FW Corsair 8GB Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Green  Crucial M4 Seagate Barracuda Sony 20x DVDRW SATA 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100 Windows 7 HP 64-bit Asus VE247 Westinghouse L2220HW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 510 XFX XXX 650W Corsair 600T Logitech M400 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish Reversible  
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhRe4k View Post
Then again it did take what 6 years for this to happen?
exactly, it was wide open!

anyone could have gotten in there!
Gamer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K ASRock z77 Extreme4 EVGA GTX670FW Corsair 8GB Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Green  Crucial M4 Seagate Barracuda Sony 20x DVDRW SATA 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100 Windows 7 HP 64-bit Asus VE247 Westinghouse L2220HW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 510 XFX XXX 650W Corsair 600T Logitech M400 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish Reversible  
  hide details  
Reply
Gamer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K ASRock z77 Extreme4 EVGA GTX670FW Corsair 8GB Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Green  Crucial M4 Seagate Barracuda Sony 20x DVDRW SATA 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100 Windows 7 HP 64-bit Asus VE247 Westinghouse L2220HW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 510 XFX XXX 650W Corsair 600T Logitech M400 
Mouse Pad
Rocketfish Reversible  
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger187126 View Post
that's the beauty of the internet isn't it? you can call me an idiot because it's not real. i don't care how you want to write it off.

"i said you were acting like an idiot, not that you were one"

in reality if you and i were face to face, those words would never leave your mouth.

but in this digital world you can say that, because there's no real consequence to what you say or do on here.

you see that's why you think the way you do. you live in an age where you can say or do whatever you want because you're perpetually anonymous.

when someone before me said it's the generation, they weren't lying. it's the lack of consequence that allows people to do these things. but when consequences come knocking at your door it's not fair.

there is no difference between breaking into a building and breaking into sony's network. they're both illegal. and as i was told growing up, don't commit the crime if you can't do the time.

so i should feel bad for geohot because he got caught and was punished for doing something illegal?

i don't think so.

see the deal is once you start doing illegal things and justify them to yourself you lose your compass. sony doesn't have sophisticated enough security? i should exploit it and steal games, that'll teach them.

so what's to stop someone from stealing a candy bar because the supermarket doesn't have good enough security? you're just teaching them a lesson right?

and who cares if that leads to the grocery store patting down every customer before they leave? not my problem.

i know you get all hot and bothered watching swordfish and the matrix, but that's not how it works.

your heroes are guys who are selling credit card information and personal data. who are exposing innocent people to identity theft because they want to prove a point.

they're punk kids who feel like spray painting a police car is changing the system.

they hate the government and big corporations, but use intel products to fight them.

they don't know anything, they just hate everything.

and i'd be willing to bet they don't even vote.

all it is is digital bullying. what really gets ya too is that they were probably bullied in real life, and now have found a way to do the same thing to someone else and say it's for the greater good.

well i watched Hot Fuzz and sometimes the greater good is a stupid ideal.

i hope one day people like this can trade in their high horses for a seat-less toilet bowl made of steel.
QFT /thread
post #79 of 104
thats good to hear at least...
KhAoS v1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.7ghz-1.392v ASUS P8P67 EVO MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr II G.Skill Ripjaws X 4gb 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD 1tb, 1x OCZ Vertex 2 50gb HP 24x DVD/CD Burner Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 23" ASUS 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850TX HAF 932 CM Storm Sentinel 
  hide details  
Reply
KhAoS v1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.7ghz-1.392v ASUS P8P67 EVO MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr II G.Skill Ripjaws X 4gb 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD 1tb, 1x OCZ Vertex 2 50gb HP 24x DVD/CD Burner Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 23" ASUS 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850TX HAF 932 CM Storm Sentinel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhRe4k View Post
Then again it did take what 6 years for this to happen?
What if black hats have known about this for a long time already? That is truly scary.

It took Sony 6 years to realize they have no security. Epic fail.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Joystiq]Sony: New PS3 firmware to accompany PSN relaunch, network being physically r