This ! Badly ...
Yes, the 2500k is awesome but it doesn't seem like the right choice in this particular case. Mostly that he hardly "needs" the performance gains when he could get an awesome graphics card for the remaining money and create a more balanced system.
Or just wait and hope Bulldozer will be good. It will presumably (most definitely) be better the current/old PII line, so that's a start, considered my assumptions are right.
I would wait a few months for BD.
Either have the performance now...or wait a few months...that's a tuff one.
The thread title states phenom or 2500k...the answer is clear. He did not ask in title should I twiddle my thumbs until bulldozer comes out.
Edited by Dimaggio1103 - 4/28/11 at 11:05pm