Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Playstation Blog] Q&A #1 #2 for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Services
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Playstation Blog] Q&A #1 #2 for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Services - Page 2

post #11 of 19
I declaire CorkyFan as TROLL of the year.
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
Work Rig
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99 Deluxe MSI GTX980 Ti Gaming/EK GPU Block Corsair 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
M4 128GB,C300 128GB, F3 1TB  480mm RAD, 655/top, 250mm RES, EK LX CPU Block windows 7 PRO 64bit Asus PB278Q 
PowerCase
Enermax Platimax 1500W Cosmos S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77-V MSI GT 610 1GB Corsair 1333mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Intel 330 60GB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO W7 Corsair CX500M 
Case
Cooler Master Elite 334U 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
Work Rig
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99 Deluxe MSI GTX980 Ti Gaming/EK GPU Block Corsair 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
M4 128GB,C300 128GB, F3 1TB  480mm RAD, 655/top, 250mm RES, EK LX CPU Block windows 7 PRO 64bit Asus PB278Q 
PowerCase
Enermax Platimax 1500W Cosmos S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77-V MSI GT 610 1GB Corsair 1333mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Intel 330 60GB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO W7 Corsair CX500M 
Case
Cooler Master Elite 334U 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkyFan View Post
The only troll here is the blind fanboy Omega:

http://www.overclock.net/video-game-...first-psn.html

The links and facts proving Omega wrong just keep piling on. The funny part Omega is I've linked you to the evidence that flipping a single bit in the PS3 firmware allowed *anyone* access to the 77 million accounts without needing so much as a username or password. Try the link in my sig and some research why don't ya.

It is absolute fact that reading the firmware off of any PS3, using a hex editor to change 1 byte from a 0 to a 1 (which is literally changing just 1 bit), and writing it back to the PS3 allowed "hackers" (aka a curious fellow who didn't know what he was even doing) to access all 77 million accounts.

LAFF LAFF
What links and facts? There has not been a single link you've provided to back up anything you've said.
You've linked two, and ONLY two things. One to the reddit "article" (which not only is speculation but it has NOTHING to do with what you've said) and now a link ONE Australian man who claims he's had fraud happened.
It's funny because you didn't even read the link yourself! AGAIN.
Quote:
Perhaps Spreckley is the victim of fraud unrelated to the security breach through the PlayStation Network; admittedly, there's no proof to prove otherwise. The timing of the fraud is the only indicator that it might be related. Australia's Privacy Commissioner has begun an investigation to make sure Sony has "done everything it can" to keep its customers safe.
http://www.gamepolitics.com/2011/04/...dit-card-fraud

Anyone on the internet can claim they've had fraud occur. And people who do have fraud occuring that are realizing for the first time that's its happening because they're actually checking. There is no evidence that it's linked to PSN, yet alone it's confirmed that the fraud is actually happening and that people are just spreading lies.
Like you Corky Fan. Just like you. I wouldn't be shocked if you went around screaming how you have credit card fraud going on, because that's how dedicated you are to spreading misinformation.

Again, like how this entire thing was a "Conspiracy" and how Sony "hosted the CFW on their own website". You've yet to provide any evidence of your claims. And how the CC data was just binary data waiting to be read.
There are no links you've provided. There are no facts you've provided. You say they're stacking up against me, yet you can't even support that.

Now you've got more people calling you trolls outright. The numbers are against you Corky, and you've still got nothing to support you. It's interesting.

EDIT:
Also on the rebug thing, you clearly still have no idea what Rebug even is. You think it's just a hex editor that changes a single bit like a flip of a switch. You're so clueless, it's a joke at this point.
Edited by OmegaNemesis28 - 4/29/11 at 4:32pm
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger187126 View Post
so 6 years and 70+ million machines and it was as easy as 1, 2.

just use common sense man, that's a load of bs.

you faux-hackers are trying to act superior and in reality you could have never pulled something like this off.
I do know more than you and your argument is garbage. It took 4.5 years, not 6 learn how to do grade 1 math plz, because someone has to make the discovery. Do you expect someone on Day 1 to find every bug or exploit in the console? It was a seemingly random setting in the firmware, and even after changing it, the guy only flukely tried to get on PSN only to find out it worked when it wasn't supposed to.

There was an exploit found in Windows recently that has been available in every version of the OS since the first one (it used debug.com program). FLUSH. That is the sound of your argument going down the toilet.
post #14 of 19


Anyway, it's nice of Sony to finally keep us informed.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkyFan View Post
I do know more than you and your argument is garbage. It took 4.5 years, not 6 learn how to do grade 1 math plz, because someone has to make the discovery. Do you expect someone on Day 1 to find every bug or exploit in the console? It was a seemingly random setting in the firmware, and even after changing it, the guy only flukely tried to get on PSN only to find out it worked when it wasn't supposed to.

There was an exploit found in Windows recently that has been available in every version of the OS since the first one (it used debug.com program). FLUSH. That is the sound of your argument going down the toilet.
Funny, you say it doesn't take 6 years to learn how to do grade 1 math and instead correct it to 4.5 years like you're actually making a difference in the statement.
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 19
Solid proof PSN credit cards are being used for fraud:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...blame-sony.ars
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDarkTempler View Post
Q: Are you working with law enforcement on this matter?
A: Yes, we are currently working with law enforcement on this matter as well as a recognized technology security firm to conduct a complete investigation. This malicious attack against our system and against our customers is a criminal act and we are proceeding aggressively to find those responsible.
Criminals(Sony) calling other people Criminals...
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkyFan View Post
Solid proof PSN credit cards are being used for fraud:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...blame-sony.ars
Like I previously mentioned, and even in that very article, not one of them is solid proof at all. There isn't a single mention of any confirmation of such claims. I bet you even sent in an email yourself claiming fraud, it wouldn't shock me at all.
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 19
Trust me Omega, although you are right, nobody is siding with Corky Go have a beer on me You already won like 7 posts ago, he is just going to frustrate you with his trollisms.
Edited by RagingCain - 5/1/11 at 1:12pm
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Playstation Blog] Q&A #1 #2 for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Services