Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Tornadoes are killin my PPD!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tornadoes are killin my PPD!

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
So as some of you may have noticed, the south eastern US got freakin owned by tornadoes on Wednesday. Alabama got it much worse then we did with a death toll just over 200 at last count. The devastation is horrendous to see with your own eyes.

We didn't get hit as bad but there are 91,000 homes and businesses without power in Chattanooga and the last count that I saw there were 27 reported fatalities. Either way the point of this thread is that I probably won't have power for another 8-12 days at last estimate. Meaning I won't be able to start the chimp challenge. If I am not able to participate in the beginning can I simply join when I get power back or am I just out?
post #2 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianblessed View Post
So as some of you may have noticed, the south eastern US got freakin owned by tornadoes on Wednesday. Alabama got it much worse then we did with a death toll just over 200 at last count. The devastation is horrendous to see with your own eyes.

We didn't get hit as bad but there are 91,000 homes and businesses without power in Chattanooga and the last count that I saw there were 27 reported fatalities. Either way the point of this thread is that I probably won't have power for another 8-12 days at last estimate. Meaning I won't be able to start the chimp challenge. If I am not able to participate in the beginning can I simply join when I get power back or am I just out?
Holy shux, thats a sad story.
Oppress This!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 2 X4 B55BE @ 3.7 ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO USB3 GTX 470 + GTX 275 SOC 4gb Crucial Ballistix T 1600 6-8-6-20-24 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD640AAHLS + Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM + 2x150gb VRapt HP IDE + LG SATA Win 7 x64 ult 15" 1024x768 Dell (visually impaired) 
PowerCase
XFX XXX 650w (green fan) Antec 300 (Heavily Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
Oppress This!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 2 X4 B55BE @ 3.7 ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO USB3 GTX 470 + GTX 275 SOC 4gb Crucial Ballistix T 1600 6-8-6-20-24 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD640AAHLS + Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM + 2x150gb VRapt HP IDE + LG SATA Win 7 x64 ult 15" 1024x768 Dell (visually impaired) 
PowerCase
XFX XXX 650w (green fan) Antec 300 (Heavily Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 16
I feel for you man. Yeah Monday and Tuesday were hell here in North Central Texas. Sirens going off for an hour or two at a time and funnel clouds dipping down all over the place. Luckily no damage in my neighborhood, others weren't so lucky. But yeah, it usually means shut down computer and hope the power isnt gone for long if it does go out.
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckclc View Post
I feel for you man. Yeah Monday and Tuesday were hell here in North Central Texas. Sirens going off for an hour or two at a time and funnel clouds dipping down all over the place. Luckily no damage in my neighborhood, others weren't so lucky. But yeah, it usually means shut down computer and hope the power isnt gone for long if it does go out.
I have a buddy that lives in Tyler. He was telling me about it on Tuesday, I had no idea they were headed this way though
post #5 of 16
I live in Knoxville and we got softball sized hail here.
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
Sulaco
(14 items)
 
 
MacBook Pro
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1090T Asus Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 7950 3GB 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x150GB Velociraptor RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi Windows 8 Asus VH242H OCZ ModXStream 700W 
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932 
CPUGraphicsOSMonitor
Core 2 Duo P8400 GeForce 9400M OSX Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 16
All that death and destruction and you are worried about your ppd? I feel for you bro...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 3.2 GHz at 1.0V Asus Rampage III Formula Asus HD6870 6GB Mushkin Redline 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 250 GB SSD,2X 1TB F3, 250GB WD Blue, 1T... Asus BD Megahalems black chrome edition Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Asus 24" Mac keyboard Enermax ERV950EWT Silverstone FT02 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX518 Steelseries I-2 Onkyo 1000W 7.1 surround through HDMI 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 3.2 GHz at 1.0V Asus Rampage III Formula Asus HD6870 6GB Mushkin Redline 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 250 GB SSD,2X 1TB F3, 250GB WD Blue, 1T... Asus BD Megahalems black chrome edition Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Asus 24" Mac keyboard Enermax ERV950EWT Silverstone FT02 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX518 Steelseries I-2 Onkyo 1000W 7.1 surround through HDMI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitope View Post
All that death and destruction and you are worried about your ppd? I feel for you bro...
A mans has to have his priorities, people are born daily. CC is only around every so often
Oppress This!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 2 X4 B55BE @ 3.7 ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO USB3 GTX 470 + GTX 275 SOC 4gb Crucial Ballistix T 1600 6-8-6-20-24 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD640AAHLS + Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM + 2x150gb VRapt HP IDE + LG SATA Win 7 x64 ult 15" 1024x768 Dell (visually impaired) 
PowerCase
XFX XXX 650w (green fan) Antec 300 (Heavily Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
Oppress This!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 2 X4 B55BE @ 3.7 ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO USB3 GTX 470 + GTX 275 SOC 4gb Crucial Ballistix T 1600 6-8-6-20-24 1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD640AAHLS + Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM + 2x150gb VRapt HP IDE + LG SATA Win 7 x64 ult 15" 1024x768 Dell (visually impaired) 
PowerCase
XFX XXX 650w (green fan) Antec 300 (Heavily Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitope View Post
All that death and destruction and you are worried about your ppd? I feel for you bro...
No, that is not my only concern. I was out all night last night after work helping with the volunteer effort in my area clearing trees and helping to cleanup the wreckage. I'll be doing that all weekend as well. While it's sad that it takes a devastating event to bring a community together it's quite refreshing to see the best of people shining in a time like this, gives you hope for humanity. My family and I were very fortunate that our only problem is a lack of power service. This is the Folding forum on OCN however and my question is appropriately placed. Judge not less ye be judged, my friend.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianblessed View Post
So as some of you may have noticed, the south eastern US got freakin owned by tornadoes on Wednesday. Alabama got it much worse then we did with a death toll just over 200 at last count. The devastation is horrendous to see with your own eyes.

We didn't get hit as bad but there are 91,000 homes and businesses without power in Chattanooga and the last count that I saw there were 27 reported fatalities. Either way the point of this thread is that I probably won't have power for another 8-12 days at last estimate. Meaning I won't be able to start the chimp challenge. If I am not able to participate in the beginning can I simply join when I get power back or am I just out?
How thoughtful of you. People dying because of tornados, and you're worried about not making it to the Chimp Challenge.

Good for you.
Son of a Bridge
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.2ghz | 1.24v Asus P8P67 EVO [B3 Revision] Sapphire HD6870 1GB GDDR5 @ 1ghz Core 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi Deskstar P7K500 500gb 16MB Cache SATA II SATA LG DVD burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer LCD 17" 1280x1024 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX650 Modded regular case X7 X-760H 2000 DPI N@NO 
  hide details  
Reply
Son of a Bridge
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.2ghz | 1.24v Asus P8P67 EVO [B3 Revision] Sapphire HD6870 1GB GDDR5 @ 1ghz Core 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi Deskstar P7K500 500gb 16MB Cache SATA II SATA LG DVD burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer LCD 17" 1280x1024 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX650 Modded regular case X7 X-760H 2000 DPI N@NO 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicProne View Post
How thoughtful of you. People dying because of tornados, and you're worried about not making it to the Chimp Challenge.

Good for you.
Wow, some people just dont get it dude. Thats not his only worry.

Quote:
I was out all night last night after work helping with the volunteer effort in my area clearing trees and helping to cleanup the wreckage. I'll be doing that all weekend as well. While it's sad that it takes a devastating event to bring a community together it's quite refreshing to see the best of people shining in a time like this, gives you hope for humanity. My family and I were very fortunate that our only problem is a lack of power service.
Good for you man!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Tornadoes are killin my PPD!