Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Tornadoes are killin my PPD!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tornadoes are killin my PPD! - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicProne View Post
How thoughtful of you. People dying because of tornados, and you're worried about not making it to the Chimp Challenge.

Good for you.
*sigh*
I forgot how judgmental and condescending this forum can be at times. My question in the original post applies to this forum. If I wanted to discuss the obvious, more important issues of the death and devastation that were a result I would have posted in the off topic forum.
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianblessed View Post
*sigh*
I forgot how judgmental and condescending this forum can be at times. My question in the original post applies to this forum. If I wanted to discuss the obvious, more important issues of the death and devastation that were a result I would have posted in the off topic forum.
It isn't so much for the content of your first post, it's more about the title.

While I understand that you're just announcing that you won't be able to make it, the title is unfortunate.
Son of a Bridge
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.2ghz | 1.24v Asus P8P67 EVO [B3 Revision] Sapphire HD6870 1GB GDDR5 @ 1ghz Core 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi Deskstar P7K500 500gb 16MB Cache SATA II SATA LG DVD burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer LCD 17" 1280x1024 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX650 Modded regular case X7 X-760H 2000 DPI N@NO 
  hide details  
Reply
Son of a Bridge
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.2ghz | 1.24v Asus P8P67 EVO [B3 Revision] Sapphire HD6870 1GB GDDR5 @ 1ghz Core 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi Deskstar P7K500 500gb 16MB Cache SATA II SATA LG DVD burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer LCD 17" 1280x1024 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX650 Modded regular case X7 X-760H 2000 DPI N@NO 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicProne View Post
How thoughtful of you. People dying because of tornados, and you're worried about not making it to the Chimp Challenge.

Good for you.
Trolls just gotta be trolls....but maybe read all the posts first so you don't look too stupid?

@OP: I would think that anything you can contribute, even if it is on the last day of the challenge, would be helpful. Hope you get your power back soon, and thanks for stepping up and helping out your neighbors in their time of need.
Edited by gboeds - 4/29/11 at 6:21am
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicProne View Post
How thoughtful of you. People dying because of tornados, and you're worried about not making it to the Chimp Challenge.

Good for you.
read the posts please before chipping in with useless comments. OP's question is firstly in the correct place ie the folding forum and secondly at no point has he belittled what has happened, and in actual fact has stated he is helping as a volunteer, give him a break answer his question or s t f u.

unfortunately i dont fold so have no idea the answer to your question just thought i'd lend some moral support, good on you for volunteering!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 B3 @ 3.2ghz asus pq5 deluxe msi gtx 460 cyclone 850/1700/4000 4 x 1gb 667 mhz ddr2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 x samsung hd103sj 1tb RAID 0 7 home premium 64 bit dell E197FP OCZ stealthxstream 2 700W 
Case
antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 B3 @ 3.2ghz asus pq5 deluxe msi gtx 460 cyclone 850/1700/4000 4 x 1gb 667 mhz ddr2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 x samsung hd103sj 1tb RAID 0 7 home premium 64 bit dell E197FP OCZ stealthxstream 2 700W 
Case
antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 16
Tasteless title is tasteless.
(If you think the previous replies were condescending, give it a minute)

At least you're fairing better than others. Good for you for helping.
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gboeds View Post
Trolls just gotta be trolls....but maybe read all the posts first so you don't look too stupid?

@OP: I would think that anything you can contribute, even if it is on the last day of the challenge, would be helpful. Hope you get your power back soon, and thanks for stepping up and helping out your neighbors in their time of need.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsmith123 View Post
read the posts please before chipping in with useless comments. OP's question is firstly in the correct place ie the folding forum and secondly at no point has he belittled what has happened, and in actual fact has stated he is helping as a volunteer, give him a break answer his question or s t f u.

unfortunately i dont fold so have no idea the answer to your question just thought i'd lend some moral support, good on you for volunteering!
Thank you gentlemen for your supportive comments. I'll be honest it doesn't even feel like you're going out on a limb or doing a good deed to help others in a time like this, it's simply what you are supposed to be doing.

I'll just join the Challenge when I am able to then and hopefully my points will count.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Tornadoes are killin my PPD!