Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Crossfire problem, black screen after device software installed?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crossfire problem, black screen after device software installed? - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
You're doing something wrong then because the 2ndary cards are supposed to shut off.
If you say so? I have always had a drop down in CCC overdrive and can select my primary card (the one hooked to my monitor) or my secondary card and not only see the temps but adjust the fan speeds and see the temp changes. If this is wrong why has it always worked this way no mater what driver I am running?

Trust me I have no issues with my CF setup.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K @4.6 @ 1.344 ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA LGA 1151 Intel... EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti FE Hybrid  Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Constellation ES.3 2TB  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SSD  LG CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD+R 6X DVD+RW 8X  Swiftech H20-220 Elite Series Liquid Cooling 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit  ASUS PG279Q ROG SWIFT 27" BenQ G2400W (for monitoring systems)  Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical  
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNOVA 220-P2-0750-X1 750W  Cooler Master Storm Stryker  Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB  Logitech X540 5.1 
AudioOtherOtherOther
HyperX Cloud Revolver Reeven SIX EYES II fan speed controller, 6 chan... Aquacomputer Aquabox Professional 5.25" Bay Res... Logitech G13 Game Pad 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech G29 Individually Sleeved Cable Set for EVGA -Red Custom water cool chiller! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K @4.6 @ 1.344 ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA LGA 1151 Intel... EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti FE Hybrid  Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Constellation ES.3 2TB  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SSD  LG CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD+R 6X DVD+RW 8X  Swiftech H20-220 Elite Series Liquid Cooling 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit  ASUS PG279Q ROG SWIFT 27" BenQ G2400W (for monitoring systems)  Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical  
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNOVA 220-P2-0750-X1 750W  Cooler Master Storm Stryker  Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB  Logitech X540 5.1 
AudioOtherOtherOther
HyperX Cloud Revolver Reeven SIX EYES II fan speed controller, 6 chan... Aquacomputer Aquabox Professional 5.25" Bay Res... Logitech G13 Game Pad 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech G29 Individually Sleeved Cable Set for EVGA -Red Custom water cool chiller! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 16
The fact that you can even see the temps, clock frequencies (which I assume you can) means that ulps is disabled.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
The fact that you can even see the temps, clock frequencies (which I assume you can) means that ulps is disabled.
What's weird is I actually have ULPS disabled since I use MSI AB.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen View Post
What's weird is I actually have ULPS disabled since I use MSI AB.
Did you disable powerplay as well?
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 16
Wow, the EXACT same thing happened to me when I installed my second 5850.

Windows was installing drivers,
Black screen,
Powered off PC,
(Couldn't get it to POST..)
Then CCC showed 0 and 0 and 20%.

I think I had to install each card individually and install drivers for each card, and then put it back in crossfire.
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
Did you disable powerplay as well?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiasian View Post
Wow, the EXACT same thing happened to me when I installed my second 5850.

Windows was installing drivers,
Black screen,
Powered off PC,
(Couldn't get it to POST..)
Then CCC showed 0 and 0 and 20%.

I think I had to install each card individually and install drivers for each card, and then put it back in crossfire.
Yeah, I saw your thread. Unlike you I got REALLY lucky and after a hard restart it worked fine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Crossfire problem, black screen after device software installed?