Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club - Page 110

post #1091 of 7108
No problems here. Been running for a week or two. This board is a dream for me. I have two GTX480's on it and have had no issues. I didn't even do a reinstall from my Asus Pro Z68 that I had in there before, just swapped the boards and loaded the drivers and off I went. I am running Bios 208 and I have heard some say that the new bios has issues with memory, but other than that I do not know of any issues other than what some of you are reporting. For those that are having issues with the graphics, did you install the drivers for the Intel GPU and Lucid? I didn't, so that might be what is causing the issues for some.
Gaming Rig
(19 items)
 
 
New Custom Case
(3 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 Asus 990fx Sabertooth Diamond hd7970 Diamond HD7970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Ripjaws OCZ Agility 3  2Tb Seagate Sata3 3Tb Western Digital Green Drive 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Bluray Burner Swiftech HD Koolance MVR-100 Koolance CHC-125 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech MC35x2 with dual top Feser Triple 120 Radiator Corsair SP120 Quiet x 3 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
PowerCase
Corsair AX750 CaseLabs M8 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(19 items)
 
 
New Custom Case
(3 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 Asus 990fx Sabertooth Diamond hd7970 Diamond HD7970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Ripjaws OCZ Agility 3  2Tb Seagate Sata3 3Tb Western Digital Green Drive 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Bluray Burner Swiftech HD Koolance MVR-100 Koolance CHC-125 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech MC35x2 with dual top Feser Triple 120 Radiator Corsair SP120 Quiet x 3 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
PowerCase
Corsair AX750 CaseLabs M8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1092 of 7108
Guys it worked! the issue was the mobo LOL
well now i gtg on airplane in a few hours...
so umm i can be here for another 2 hours i think
umm I am going to sell my old cpu mobo and RAM

It's q8300 2.5ghz stock clock
Asus P5QL-VM EPU mobo
and 8GB DDR2 RAM
all 3 of them are together and I am not taking it apart
Also selling my old ati 5770 and 550w thermaltake black widow psu
I wanna know how much I could sell each on ebay/craiglist
I've wasted a lot of money on all this lol
Btw add me to the owners list please

CPU Pic
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3448/unledrod.png
Edited by Daniella - 7/26/11 at 8:01pm
post #1093 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellG View Post
Me. No problems at all since day 1. Well, except for my run-in with the Memory Bandwidth Booster setting, but that was my mistake.

Given that I've always had non-stop problems with stupid crap, this is a relief.
This is my first build out of 7 in the last year that I have had any major problems with. Not a really nice feeling. I have no idea what to do next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utnorris View Post
No problems here. Been running for a week or two. This board is a dream for me. I have two GTX480's on it and have had no issues. I didn't even do a reinstall from my Asus Pro Z68 that I had in there before, just swapped the boards and loaded the drivers and off I went. I am running Bios 208 and I have heard some say that the new bios has issues with memory, but other than that I do not know of any issues other than what some of you are reporting. For those that are having issues with the graphics, did you install the drivers for the Intel GPU and Lucid? I didn't, so that might be what is causing the issues for some.
I tried before I installed the drivers for the GPU and Lucid and after. No dice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniella View Post
Guys it worked! the issue was the mobo LOL
well now i gtg on airplane in a few hours...
so umm i can be here for another 2 hours i think
umm I am going to sell my old cpu mobo and RAM

It's q8300 2.5ghz stock clock
Asus P5QL-VM EPU mobo
and 8GB DDR2 RAM
all 3 of them are together and I am not taking it apart
Also selling my old ati 5770 and 550w thermaltake black widow psu
I wanna know how much I could sell each on ebay/craiglist
I've wasted a lot of money on all this lol
Btw add me to the owners list please
There is an appraisals section on this forum for this kind of thing.
As for the owners list just post some pictures or a cpu-z screenshot for verification.
Where are you going on holidays?
Edited by Ovlazek - 7/26/11 at 8:01pm
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1094 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovlazek View Post
This is my first build out of 7 in the last year that I have had any major problems with. Not a really nice feeling. I have no idea what to do next.



I tried before I installed the drivers for the GPU and Lucid and after. No dice...



There is an appraisals section on this forum for this kind of thing.
As for the owners list just post some pictures or a cpu-z screenshot for verification.
Where are you going on holidays?
China, yes I am Chinese but I look really pretty...not ugly xD
and please send me the section thx
post #1095 of 7108
Thread Starter 
My issue's are more that I'm a doofus and a noob to building a PC from the ground up ... however, at least in my case, I've had really ZERO issue's with the Board itself having problems. I looked at the MSI [ Z68MA-ED55 (B3) ] and Gigabyte [ GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 ] boards that were similar to this before I settled on the Max4GeneZ, and I don't regret my choice, and from what I've read there have only been a select handful of people with issues other than some driver type issue's that I think got fixed, if I recall correctly 2 guys RMA'd their boards, one guy twice, and Ovlazek's problem remains unresolved ... but other than that I think that's it ? no ???

So while not 100% perfect I think it's certainly no worse than the other mATX boards, if it's not BETTER in many ways.

My 2 cents
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1096 of 7108
Daniella, do you have a picture of your board? If not I can still do a CPU-Z screenie.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Kings_Fan View Post
My issue's are more that I'm a doofus and a noob to building a PC from the ground up ... however, at least in my case, I've had really ZERO issue's with the Board itself having problems. I looked at the MSI [ Z68MA-ED55 (B3) ] and Gigabyte [ GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 ] boards that were similar to this before I settled on the Max4GeneZ, and I don't regret my choice, and from what I've read there have only been a select handful of people with issues other than some driver type issue's that I think got fixed, if I recall correctly 2 guys RMA'd their boards, one guy twice, and Ovlazek's problem remains unresolved ... but other than that I think that's it ? no ???

So while not 100% perfect I think it's certainly no worse than the other mATX boards, if it's not BETTER in many ways.

My 2 cents
That MSI board is the one I'm getting if things don't work out with the Maximus, like if I decide to keep my sound card and a NIC/TV Tuner.
Intel Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 2500k] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M] [EVGA GTX 560] [Kingston HyperX 8GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Samsung F4 320gb] [Lite-On 24x Combo] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [Samsung SyncMaster 941bw] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsft ANB-00001] [SeaSonic 520w M12II] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Box] [Logitech G700] 
Mouse Pad
[Walmart Brand - Cloth Black] 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 2500k] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M] [EVGA GTX 560] [Kingston HyperX 8GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Samsung F4 320gb] [Lite-On 24x Combo] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [Samsung SyncMaster 941bw] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsft ANB-00001] [SeaSonic 520w M12II] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Box] [Logitech G700] 
Mouse Pad
[Walmart Brand - Cloth Black] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1097 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniella View Post
China, yes I am Chinese but I look really pretty...not ugly xD
I think that it's a shame that you feel the need to defend your appearance based on your nation of origin. Nobody was going to assume you are ugly.

(off topic, yes I know)

Have fun on your vacation! And congrats on getting everything up and running! It's a great feeling to do your best to learn something new, put it into practice and have success in the end!
2011 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z MSI 560Ti Twin Frozr II 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Kingston 64GB SSD / WD Green 1GB / Seagate 500GB Windows 7 Home 64-bit Dell E228WFP OCZ GameXStream 700W 
CaseMouse
P180b (Modded) Logitech M705 'Marathon' 
  hide details  
Reply
2011 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z MSI 560Ti Twin Frozr II 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Kingston 64GB SSD / WD Green 1GB / Seagate 500GB Windows 7 Home 64-bit Dell E228WFP OCZ GameXStream 700W 
CaseMouse
P180b (Modded) Logitech M705 'Marathon' 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1098 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellG View Post
I think that it's a shame that you feel the need to defend your appearance based on your nation of origin. Nobody was going to assume you are ugly.

(off topic, yes I know)

Have fun on your vacation! And congrats on getting everything up and running! It's a great feeling to do your best to learn something new, put it into practice and have success in the end!
Yeah I know, right? Asians are hot.
Intel Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 2500k] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M] [EVGA GTX 560] [Kingston HyperX 8GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Samsung F4 320gb] [Lite-On 24x Combo] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [Samsung SyncMaster 941bw] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsft ANB-00001] [SeaSonic 520w M12II] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Box] [Logitech G700] 
Mouse Pad
[Walmart Brand - Cloth Black] 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 2500k] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M] [EVGA GTX 560] [Kingston HyperX 8GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Samsung F4 320gb] [Lite-On 24x Combo] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [Samsung SyncMaster 941bw] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsft ANB-00001] [SeaSonic 520w M12II] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Box] [Logitech G700] 
Mouse Pad
[Walmart Brand - Cloth Black] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1099 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvjavs View Post
Yeah I know, right? Asians are hot.
Exactly =D


(In all seriousness though, I meant what I said before for all the right reasons...but also this)
2011 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z MSI 560Ti Twin Frozr II 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Kingston 64GB SSD / WD Green 1GB / Seagate 500GB Windows 7 Home 64-bit Dell E228WFP OCZ GameXStream 700W 
CaseMouse
P180b (Modded) Logitech M705 'Marathon' 
  hide details  
Reply
2011 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z MSI 560Ti Twin Frozr II 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Kingston 64GB SSD / WD Green 1GB / Seagate 500GB Windows 7 Home 64-bit Dell E228WFP OCZ GameXStream 700W 
CaseMouse
P180b (Modded) Logitech M705 'Marathon' 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1100 of 7108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvjavs View Post
Yeah I know, right? Asians are hot.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellG View Post
(off topic, yes I know)
What do you mean I'm off topic oh oops ! my BAD !
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club