Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club - Page 15

post #141 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky000;13977494 
Ahhh right, makes sence i was wondering why....

I didnt realize thats what the Z was for =] thanks man =]

Yeah the MIVE is on the P67 chipset while the MIVE-Z and MIVG-Z are both on the Z68 chipset.
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #142 of 7108
I'm thinking about getting this board also. Barring it not being over $250. But I just happened to check Silverstone's site and looks like they got a new m-atx tower case which looks to be smaller than Fractal's or NZXT's. Althought I don't really like the idea of the inverted motherboard. They should of done the 90 degree turn like their Raven cases, now that would of been pretty cool. Hopefully it won't cost too much since it's a TJ model.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=303&area=usa
7rojectZ170S
(16 items)
 
Cubie (Sold)
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Sabertooth Z170S MSI GTX 1070 Quick Silver Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4 16gb 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2 Biwin 256gb SSD Western Digital Black 1tb Enermax Liqmax II 120 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus vg248qe SeaSonic SS-660XP 660W 80Plus Platinum NZXT S340 Elite Logitech G502 Proteus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair M200 Wide Edition Schiit Modi 2 Multibit Project Horizon III JBL LSR305 WH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670k MSI Z87I Zotac GTX 970 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB Corsair H100i Windows 8 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
asus vg248qe Corsair K65 SeaSonic SS-660XP 660W 80Plus Platinum Cubitek Mini Cube 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair M65 White Corsair M200 Wide Edition Klipsch Pro Media 4.1 
  hide details  
Reply
7rojectZ170S
(16 items)
 
Cubie (Sold)
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Sabertooth Z170S MSI GTX 1070 Quick Silver Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4 16gb 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2 Biwin 256gb SSD Western Digital Black 1tb Enermax Liqmax II 120 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus vg248qe SeaSonic SS-660XP 660W 80Plus Platinum NZXT S340 Elite Logitech G502 Proteus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair M200 Wide Edition Schiit Modi 2 Multibit Project Horizon III JBL LSR305 WH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670k MSI Z87I Zotac GTX 970 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB Corsair H100i Windows 8 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
asus vg248qe Corsair K65 SeaSonic SS-660XP 660W 80Plus Platinum Cubitek Mini Cube 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair M65 White Corsair M200 Wide Edition Klipsch Pro Media 4.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 7108
Hmm guess they showed it back at CES and it's a remake of their previous model.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOOZArCV3qI[/ame]
7rojectZ170S
(16 items)
 
Cubie (Sold)
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Sabertooth Z170S MSI GTX 1070 Quick Silver Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4 16gb 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2 Biwin 256gb SSD Western Digital Black 1tb Enermax Liqmax II 120 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus vg248qe SeaSonic SS-660XP 660W 80Plus Platinum NZXT S340 Elite Logitech G502 Proteus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair M200 Wide Edition Schiit Modi 2 Multibit Project Horizon III JBL LSR305 WH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670k MSI Z87I Zotac GTX 970 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB Corsair H100i Windows 8 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
asus vg248qe Corsair K65 SeaSonic SS-660XP 660W 80Plus Platinum Cubitek Mini Cube 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair M65 White Corsair M200 Wide Edition Klipsch Pro Media 4.1 
  hide details  
Reply
7rojectZ170S
(16 items)
 
Cubie (Sold)
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Sabertooth Z170S MSI GTX 1070 Quick Silver Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4 16gb 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2 Biwin 256gb SSD Western Digital Black 1tb Enermax Liqmax II 120 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus vg248qe SeaSonic SS-660XP 660W 80Plus Platinum NZXT S340 Elite Logitech G502 Proteus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair M200 Wide Edition Schiit Modi 2 Multibit Project Horizon III JBL LSR305 WH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670k MSI Z87I Zotac GTX 970 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB Corsair H100i Windows 8 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
asus vg248qe Corsair K65 SeaSonic SS-660XP 660W 80Plus Platinum Cubitek Mini Cube 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair M65 White Corsair M200 Wide Edition Klipsch Pro Media 4.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #144 of 7108
Looks like an alright case. Still to big though.
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #145 of 7108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovlazek;13955737 
*Off topic, what do you make of these rumors of Ryan Smyth back to Edmonton?

*Off thread topic, but ...

what would you think of Smyth wearing a Calgary Jersey instead ? eek.gif

thumb.gif LOL kingslap.gif
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #146 of 7108
Hello all,

i'm also a new guy here and i'm also waiting for the release of the MIVGZ here in Germany. I'm building pcs since good old times e.g. DX4/100 for the release of Doom, Pentium 75, 200MMX, II400, III700, Athlon 800, 1200, 64 3400, 64 X2 4800 until my latest pc with a C2Q9450.

Since i'm regularly visiting lan parties, my newest pc built must have a light weighted, small and silent sff case. The C2Q9450 system now is built in a Sharkoon Rebel 12 big tower system, but i'm getting tired with carrying a weight far over 14kg/31pd around to the next lan party!

current gaming system:
- Asus P5QDeluxe Mobo
- C2Q9450 2,66GHz and 2x6MB 2nd Level Cache
- Xigmatek Aegir CPU Heatsink
- 8GB G.Skill DDR2
- Gigabyte Radeon HD5870 with 1GB
- 2 x DVD-burners
- RAID0 out of 2x Seagate 320GB
- 2 x 1 TB Samsung F3 for data
- Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium PCIex x1
- Sharkoon Rebel 12 Big Tower
- Corsair 520W power source
- Dual heading Samsung 27" and 22"

latest *NEW* configuration (***old parts):
- Asus ROG Maximus IV Gene Z (*OF COURSE!*)
- Core i7 2600K
- 8GB G.Skill or something else fitting from the Memory Compatibility List of the ASUS MoBo (Also not out yet!)
- ***Gigabyte Radeon HD5870 with 1GB
- ***1 x DVD-burner
- ***Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium PCIex x1
- 128GB Crucial m4 SSD
- 3TB Seagate Barracude XT for data
- Cooler Master 600W Silent Pro power source
- Fractal Design Define Mini case
- Noctua NH-D14 cpu heatsink (*unsure)
- ***Dual heading Samsung 27" and 22"

-> new system will be around 1100€ thats about 1580US$

This will be the first time ever i'm using mikro-atx for sparing weight and system size. The MIVGZ has the best microatx layout for using my seperate X-Fi Titanium next to my Radeon HD5870. The other boards either have a bad layout, won't support Lucid Virtu, don't have a tru UEFI BIOS or lacking good onboard to case I/O like USB 3.0 e.g.

Some remarks already for someone who plans the usage of memory with large heatsinks: Be aware that the cooling pins aren't too high for getting incompatible with a lot of CPU tower heatsinks, e.g. the latest be quiet dark rock pro.
Lian Li PC-A04: Be aware that the maximum height of a tower CPU heatsink does not exceed 156mm for you can't close the side door if the heatsink is larger then that!

And now may the force be with us that the release date stays on the june 28th. I'm waiting since the beginning of the year and my new system is getting delayed and delayed:
first the B1-steppng SATAII-bug of P67, then better wait for Z68 for new features like Lucid Virtu, then waiting for a good and fine microatx case WITH USB3.0 and finally waiting for a good mobo design, the ROG-release... never have had such a painful prebuilt time ever before. A history full of glitches = latest Intel platform.
And crossing fingers that AMDs new plattform will get successful also: competition is good for business!

regards
Woschdsubbn, waiting already too long! doh.gif
Picard
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sandybridge Corei7 2600K Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z Gigabyte Radeon HD5870 1GB 16GB G.Skill DDR3 ECO 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB Crucial M4 SSD/3TB SeagateXT/2x1TB SamsungF3 1xLG DVD-Combo Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate 27" and 22" Samsung TFTs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Seasonic X-560W Fractal Design Define Mini Logitech MX500 
Mouse Pad
Everglide Mouseboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Picard
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sandybridge Corei7 2600K Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z Gigabyte Radeon HD5870 1GB 16GB G.Skill DDR3 ECO 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB Crucial M4 SSD/3TB SeagateXT/2x1TB SamsungF3 1xLG DVD-Combo Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate 27" and 22" Samsung TFTs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Seasonic X-560W Fractal Design Define Mini Logitech MX500 
Mouse Pad
Everglide Mouseboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 7108
Hello Everybody!
Plz add me to the list of owners of this mobo)

and i want to read your opinion about this config:
proc: i5 2500k ~ 4.5-5.2 GHr
mobo: ASUS Maximus iv Gene-Z
hdd: WD 500 Gb WD5003ABYX
ddr3: crucial ballstix 2x2Gb 8-8-8-24
cooler: Xigmatek Colosseum
SSD: 32Gb intel (system only)
VGA: still thinking about video)

p.s. sorry about my scanty english)
post #148 of 7108
Just ordered mine from Amazon via Electronica Direct. It said 1 left in stock. I am not holding my breath though. Search for Gene-z, it doesn't have a picture. It still says 1 left in stock after I placed my order. Might have to cancel if this isn't legit.
post #149 of 7108
I'm currently running the following.

Thermaltake Armor A30 (Modded to fit cooler)
Corsair Hydro Series H70 High Performance CPU Cooler
ASUS P8P67-M PRO
I-7 2600K
EVGA GeForce GTX 580
Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W PSU
Crucial 256GB M4 SSD
Seagate Momentus XT 500GB
4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 PC3-17000

The Crucial SSD HDDs have issues. There are workarounds, but be aware of them before jumping pulling the trigger on and SSD.

http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD/Solution-C300-Disk-Freeze-ups-in-Windows-7-solved-for-me/td-p/38766

They already released a firmware update for the M4. It solves most issues. Enabling hot swap in the bios, I believe, solves the rest.
post #150 of 7108
Updated the "will be owners" list. Welcome to OCN by the way everyone who just joined! I'm glad to see people are signing up for OCN and making their first post in this group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woschdsubbn;13987706 
Hello all,

...

latest *NEW* configuration (***old parts):
- Asus ROG Maximus IV Gene Z (*OF COURSE!*)
- Core i7 2600K
- 8GB G.Skill or something else fitting from the Memory Compatibility List of the ASUS MoBo (Also not out yet!)
- ***Gigabyte Radeon HD5870 with 1GB
- ***1 x DVD-burner
- ***Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium PCIex x1
- 128GB Crucial m4 SSD
- 3TB Seagate Barracude XT for data
- Cooler Master 600W Silent Pro power source
- Fractal Design Define Mini case
- Noctua NH-D14 cpu heatsink (*unsure)
- ***Dual heading Samsung 27" and 22"

-> new system will be around 1100€ thats about 1580US$

This will be the first time ever i'm using mikro-atx for sparing weight and system size. The MIVGZ has the best microatx layout for using my seperate X-Fi Titanium next to my Radeon HD5870. The other boards either have a bad layout, won't support Lucid Virtu, don't have a tru UEFI BIOS or lacking good onboard to case I/O like USB 3.0 e.g.

Some remarks already for someone who plans the usage of memory with large heatsinks: Be aware that the cooling pins aren't too high for getting incompatible with a lot of CPU tower heatsinks, e.g. the latest be quiet dark rock pro.
Lian Li PC-A04: Be aware that the maximum height of a tower CPU heatsink does not exceed 156mm for you can't close the side door if the heatsink is larger then that!

And now may the force be with us that the release date stays on the june 28th. I'm waiting since the beginning of the year and my new system is getting delayed and delayed:
first the B1-steppng SATAII-bug of P67, then better wait for Z68 for new features like Lucid Virtu, then waiting for a good and fine microatx case WITH USB3.0 and finally waiting for a good mobo design, the ROG-release... never have had such a painful prebuilt time ever before. A history full of glitches = latest Intel platform.
And crossing fingers that AMDs new plattform will get successful also: competition is good for business!

regards
Woschdsubbn, waiting already too long! doh.gif

Your new rig looks pretty solid. I'm not sure about the heatsink though, it's VERY large. You may want to look into getting one of the Corsair H50/H60/H70's, or Antec 620's... possibly a low profile cooler to blow some air onto the mosfets while overclocking such as the GeminII S or something similar from Noctua.

What's great about the Maximus, is you can sell your X-Fi sound card if you so chose, considering the onboard audio chipset allows the X-Fi CODEC (yes, it's a codec for onboard, not a chip). So you can go Crossfire/SLI if you so choose. I know I'll be selling my sound card if the board is affordable. I don't want to spend over $250 for it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider162;13988607 
Just ordered mine from Amazon via Electronica Direct. It said 1 left in stock. I am not holding my breath though. Search for Gene-z, it doesn't have a picture. It still says 1 left in stock after I placed my order. Might have to cancel if this isn't legit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider162;13988704 
I'm currently running the following.

Thermaltake Armor A30 (Modded to fit cooler)
Corsair Hydro Series H70 High Performance CPU Cooler
ASUS P8P67-M PRO
I-7 2600K
EVGA GeForce GTX 580
Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W PSU
Crucial 256GB M4 SSD
Seagate Momentus XT 500GB
4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 PC3-17000

The Crucial SSD HDDs have issues. There are workarounds, but be aware of them before jumping pulling the trigger on and SSD.

http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD/Solution-C300-Disk-Freeze-ups-in-Windows-7-solved-for-me/td-p/38766

They already released a firmware update for the M4. It solves most issues. Enabling hot swap in the bios, I believe, solves the rest.


Another pretty solid looking rig. Not a big fan of that case however, but I can understand why other's would enjoy it. Just too long for me, but I'm envious of the 200mm fan on top. With a PSU that large hopefully you'll be making a mATX powerhouse and getting a second 580. cool.gif

Once again, welcome everyone. If I missed your name, please alert me and I'll add it ASAP. So far the board hasn't been spotted on Newegg, but June 24th isn't over yet.
Intel Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 2500k] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M] [EVGA GTX 560] [Kingston HyperX 8GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Samsung F4 320gb] [Lite-On 24x Combo] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [Samsung SyncMaster 941bw] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsft ANB-00001] [SeaSonic 520w M12II] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Box] [Logitech G700] 
Mouse Pad
[Walmart Brand - Cloth Black] 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 2500k] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M] [EVGA GTX 560] [Kingston HyperX 8GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Samsung F4 320gb] [Lite-On 24x Combo] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [Samsung SyncMaster 941bw] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Microsft ANB-00001] [SeaSonic 520w M12II] [ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Box] [Logitech G700] 
Mouse Pad
[Walmart Brand - Cloth Black] 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club