Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club - Page 36

post #351 of 7108
Check the compare tool on asus website, there is alot of differences.

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Intel_Z68

Off the top of head things that Max-Z HAS are:

more PCI-E
more usb 3.0 ports
dual Nics
2 more internal 6g sata ports
3 way SLI
bluetooth
atx
$349.99

Things G-Z HAS but Max-Z DOESN'T

matx
XFi codec software
gold plated jacks
HDMI output
$179.99

Speaking of which has anyone used a MATX in a Corsair 650D, is it wise or wasteful?
old pc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASUS Z68 GENE-Z EVGA 460 1GB Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD + 5TB Lite-On DVDR 24X Windows 7 64bit Dual Dell 24" 2407WFP-HC 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Corsair 650D Razer Death Adder 3.5G Razer Destructor Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
old pc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASUS Z68 GENE-Z EVGA 460 1GB Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD + 5TB Lite-On DVDR 24X Windows 7 64bit Dual Dell 24" 2407WFP-HC 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Corsair 650D Razer Death Adder 3.5G Razer Destructor Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #352 of 7108
Gene-Z installed. Only problem so far is waking from sleep. I had the same issue with my P8P67-M Pro. The fix was to disable "Internal PLL Overvoltage". I don't see anything like it in this bios. If you get a debug code of 30, make sure your RAM is seated all the way. Don't just lock them down from the one side like I did.
post #353 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider162;14100208 
Gene-Z installed. Only problem so far is waking from sleep. I had the same issue with my P8P67-M Pro. The fix was to disable "Internal PLL Overvoltage". I don't see anything like it in this bios. If you get a debug code of 30, make sure your RAM is seated all the way. Don't just lock them down from the one side like I did.

Im totally jealous you got your board, and I'm still waiting on my shipping. Where did you order from may I ask?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus Maximus IV gene-z 560ti Twin FrozrII Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex2 60GB Window7 Home Premium x64 SeaSonic x660 SilverStone FT03 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus Maximus IV gene-z 560ti Twin FrozrII Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex2 60GB Window7 Home Premium x64 SeaSonic x660 SilverStone FT03 
  hide details  
Reply
post #354 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider162;14100208 
Gene-Z installed. Only problem so far is waking from sleep. I had the same issue with my P8P67-M Pro. The fix was to disable "Internal PLL Overvoltage". I don't see anything like it in this bios. If you get a debug code of 30, make sure your RAM is seated all the way. Don't just lock them down from the one side like I did.

Is that a Thermaltake A30 with a H70!? Hows the fit?

More pics please!!!
Eysenck Box
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A AMD RX550 4GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCase
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E 
  hide details  
Reply
Eysenck Box
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A AMD RX550 4GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCase
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E 
  hide details  
Reply
post #355 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Pumpkin;14100369 
Is that a Thermaltake A30 with a H70!? Hows the fit?

More pics please!!!

Perfect fit (with Demel). I couldn't be happier with the combo. It is a little tight with the PSU and it isn't without using the Dremel on the HDD/DVD carrier. The radiator and fans are mounted in what was the 3.5" HDD carrier. I'm using 2.5" drives.
Edited by slider162 - 7/4/11 at 4:43pm
post #356 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshred025;14100342 
Im totally jealous you got your board, and I'm still waiting on my shipping. Where did you order from may I ask?

I ordered from Amazon, but it was fullfilled by Electronica Direct. Yes, I paid more, but I jumped at the first opportunity that I saw.
post #357 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider162;14100208 
Gene-Z installed. Only problem so far is waking from sleep. I had the same issue with my P8P67-M Pro. The fix was to disable "Internal PLL Overvoltage". I don't see anything like it in this bios.

Internal PLL Overvoltage: Options are “Auto”, “Disabled” and “Enabled”. A manual setting of “Disabled” is recommended within the bounds of moderate overclocking. Using Core frequency multipliers in excess of 45X may need a setting of “Enabled”. The requirements of the “Enabled” setting will vary from processor to processor. The unfortunate side-effect is that resume from S3 sleep states is not possible when Internal PLL Overvoltage is set to “Enabled” - this is a hardware limitation, and only fixable by Intel.

See http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?2787-Maximus-IV-GENE-Z-BIOS-Guide-Overclocking about 3/4 of first post.
post #358 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhialto;14101726 
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Options are “Auto”, “Disabled” and “Enabled”. A manual setting of “Disabled” is recommended within the bounds of moderate overclocking. Using Core frequency multipliers in excess of 45X may need a setting of “Enabled”. The requirements of the “Enabled” setting will vary from processor to processor. The unfortunate side-effect is that resume from S3 sleep states is not possible when Internal PLL Overvoltage is set to “Enabled” - this is a hardware limitation, and only fixable by Intel.

See http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?2787-Maximus-IV-GENE-Z-BIOS-Guide-Overclocking about 3/4 of first post.

Thanks, I must have missed it the first time through. It is on page 3-7 in the manual.
post #359 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider162;14102054 
Thanks, I must have missed it the first time through. It is on page 3-7 in the manual.

You're welcome, thanks for the +1 Rep. thumbsupsmiley.png
post #360 of 7108
One could order from NCIX now if they desired to.
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=111131564&vpn=MAXIMUS%20IV%20GENE-Z&manufacture=Asus

A special order though.
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club