Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club - Page 390

post #3891 of 7112
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Kings_Fan View Post
Sorry to hear this p3gaz_001 ... I'd contact Asus ... try the ROG guys first, links on the Front Page ... it looks / sounds like you're getting power surge spikes from your power supply and the MotherBoard isn't handling it and that fired your GPU card ? Is that what's actually happening ? If so I'd think maybe you should have some sort of claim against Enermax and/or Asus maybe ? I didn't answer you before because I didn't know what to tell you ... this one is well beyond my knowledge level, sorry man .
i'll write in the asus forum asap, other than that, i remember, before having this message, i'd tried to connect a 120mm fan while the mobo was running, i'm refuse to believe that all this problem started from the fan, but after connecting the fan, 10 sec after, the system switched off, and it started that game on/off on/off on/off ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse D View Post
What else were you touching in the bios though? I see a target speed of 5000 so it makes me wonder if there may have been a accidental bump in the settings???
i didn't touch anything other than connect a 120mm fan while the system was running...... speed target 5ghz with 1.40v .
post #3892 of 7112
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3gaz_001 View Post
i'll write in the asus forum asap, other than that, i remember, before having this message, i'd tried to connect a 120mm fan while the mobo was running, i'm refuse to believe that all this problem started from the fan, but after connecting the fan, 10 sec after, the system switched off, and it started that game on/off on/off on/off ....



i didn't touch anything other than connect a 120mm fan while the system was running...... speed target 5ghz with 1.40v .
I srsly doubt your problem was a fan and I also doubt that you will get any help from Asus since the motherboard warned you and if i read correctly it is still functioning.
There is a reason why Asus boards are good ones, you just bumped into one of those reasons.
My guess is that you should contact the PSU manufacturer.

Sorry if any1 thinks I shouldnt be posting here, Im gathering info for my self on this lil beauty.
post #3893 of 7112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I srsly doubt your problem was a fan and I also doubt that you will get any help from Asus since the motherboard warned you and if i read correctly it is still functioning.
There is a reason why Asus boards are good ones, you just bumped into one of those reasons.
My guess is that you should contact the PSU manufacturer.

Sorry if any1 thinks I shouldnt be posting here, Im gathering info for my self on this lil beauty.
me too i doubt that the problem came from the fan, i really doesn't make sense, but why then the problem came after that?

yeah the mb still runs, the 12V Voltage from 19V went to 14V still in warning, and the 5V from 9V is now at regular voltage, now i'm on the other rig, i'll check the Gene-Z rig later, if the 12V voltage is still on warning....
post #3894 of 7112
Ai Suite II is just a piece of bloatware in my opinion. It's monitoring are far from accurate, and gives fake alerts.

I uninstalled it in my system and are using HWiNFO 64 instead, which is a accurate and a simple monitoring software.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3895 of 7112
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3gaz_001 View Post
me too i doubt that the problem came from the fan, i really doesn't make sense, but why then the problem came after that?

yeah the mb still runs, the 12V Voltage from 19V went to 14V still in warning, and the 5V from 9V is now at regular voltage, now i'm on the other rig, i'll check the Gene-Z rig later, if the 12V voltage is still on warning....
I do the same you did with the fan countless number of times..
RMA your GPU and RMA your PSU.
If you have a multimeter or a voltimeter put a clip on the PSU and check the voltages, if you wish ofc. I honestly think that the mobo is correct and the voltage killed one of your GPU's
I feel sorry for you, wish you can get everything back from RMA without any costs for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Ai Suite II is just a piece of bloatware in my opinion. It's monitoring are far from accurate, and gives fake alerts.

I uninstalled it in my system and are using HWiNFO 64 instead, which is a accurate and a simple monitoring software.
Ya know.. You can monitor things like this inside your Bios and also your prolly one of those that haz gazillions of monitoring programs running at the same time. Well AI Suite doesnt like that thats ur problem.
post #3896 of 7112
btw, before RMA my psu could be a good idea to buy something like this?
post #3897 of 7112
PSU still wrong...

post #3898 of 7112
Yeah diffinatly check your 12V with multi-meter if you can, or bring it to a pc shop and have them run a diag on it, or if you wanna live dangerously plug it in an other mother board and check voltage in bbios again, if its good try an other psu in your gene-z and see if the same is still happening. Might be something wrong with motherboard, if the assembler put the wrong part in the wrong spot on the smt-assembly robot, I've worked in that field and it does happen quite often.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Froggy
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700k Asus PRIME z270-A MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair LPX vengeance 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 250GB Nocthua D14 Win 10 PRO 64bit 24" Asus VS248H-P 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" Asus VS248H-P Corsair K70 EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair Carbide 300r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair Simitar X-ray Thunder 8 Fiio e10 Shure HE215 
AudioAudioOther
AKG K550 Samson Go-mic Raser Nostromo 
  hide details  
Reply
Froggy
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700k Asus PRIME z270-A MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair LPX vengeance 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 250GB Nocthua D14 Win 10 PRO 64bit 24" Asus VS248H-P 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" Asus VS248H-P Corsair K70 EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair Carbide 300r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair Simitar X-ray Thunder 8 Fiio e10 Shure HE215 
AudioAudioOther
AKG K550 Samson Go-mic Raser Nostromo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3899 of 7112
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3gaz_001 View Post
btw, before RMA my psu could be a good idea to buy something like this?
You dont need that to check PSU's lol, get a multimeter it will serve you for everything(electricity wise).
iirc rog boards even have spots for you to connect the multimeter and check voltages, atleast my crosshair iv formula does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTFrog View Post
Yeah diffinatly check your 12V with multi-meter if you can, or bring it to a pc shop and have them run a diag on it, or if you wanna live dangerously plug it in an other mother board and check voltage in bbios again, if its good try an other psu in your gene-z and see if the same is still happening. Might be something wrong with motherboard, if the assembler put the wrong part in the wrong spot on the smt-assembly robot, I've worked in that field and it does happen quite often.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Good to see im not alone in this, test the motherboard with another psu.
Readings are still wrong? Test the PSU with another motherboard.

Most likely its the PSU since it took out ur GPU.
post #3900 of 7112
Enermax PSU quality has never been that great over the years. First and only one I had back for my first build in 01 caused issues with my Athlon axia setup. Swap it out for a Corsair or Antec and be on your merry way
"Night Fire"
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z eVGA GTX 570 Superclocked @ 850/1700/1990 G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Black 640 AALS Intel 520 Cherryville SSD 120gig *Thanks OCN!* Asus DRW-2014L1T Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M Viewsonic VX2025WM Saitek II Antec TruePower New 550w Antec mini P-180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech Mx518 IceMat X-Fi Titanium w/PAX drivers 
  hide details  
Reply
"Night Fire"
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z eVGA GTX 570 Superclocked @ 850/1700/1990 G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Black 640 AALS Intel 520 Cherryville SSD 120gig *Thanks OCN!* Asus DRW-2014L1T Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M Viewsonic VX2025WM Saitek II Antec TruePower New 550w Antec mini P-180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech Mx518 IceMat X-Fi Titanium w/PAX drivers 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club