Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club - Page 413

post #4121 of 7108
DCVR is lookin good!
Arc Demon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z EVGA GTX580 FTW HYDROCOPPER 2 G-Skill Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL7D-8... 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
OCZ Vertex 2 100GB; WD Scorpio Black 500GB, WD ... Win 7 ASUS VH226H SEASONIC X-650 
Case
Fractal Arc-Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
Arc Demon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-2500k Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z EVGA GTX580 FTW HYDROCOPPER 2 G-Skill Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL7D-8... 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
OCZ Vertex 2 100GB; WD Scorpio Black 500GB, WD ... Win 7 ASUS VH226H SEASONIC X-650 
Case
Fractal Arc-Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4122 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Kings_Fan View Post
The POST/BOOT TIME Issue has been talked about SEVERAL times before ...

- a search back in the thread and some reading might find some answers.
- you can also try some of these SUGGESTIONS from GaryKeys@Asus, thou for P67 boards, they still apply on our Z68 as well
- If during boot up of system, ASUS logo screen pops up twice ... go to the Boot menu under BIOS, manually set Option ROM Messages to "Keep Current".
- If you're experiencing a double POST on your Gene-Z68 motherboard whereupon after powering on the system from a cold boot, the board will power on and then immediately reset itself before it actually POSTs and shows any display on the screen, then To fix the most common additional reset (double POST when powering on from off state), enter UEFI BIOS -> go to ‘Advanced’ tab -> go down to ‘APM’, press Enter -> enable the “Power on by PCIe.†function. Then press F10 to save & exit. After save & exit, let the system boot into Windows or other OS, then perform a proper shutdown: Start button -> Shut down. You will no longer have the double POST.
- Disable any controllers {Jmicron, JMB, Marvell} you're not using, for unused USB ports (example the JMB Storage controller {for the e-Sata} will cause system to double Post)
- check that your SSD firmware is current
- check that your Gene-Z MoBo BIOS is current, version #0902 as of this date
- Make sure BCLK is set to 100


In general most of us seem to be getting between 20-30 seconds give or take, before you reach windows.


I'll go back and find some stuff and post more later ... as it seems like this site is having issues w/ the search feature at the moment ?
Thx lots, im gonna try those things. +rep
Viva La'Value
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus Maximus Gene-Z MSI GTX 760 2gb 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Red edition 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel® SSD 320 Series Lite On DVD-R-RW Win 8.1 Yamakasi DS270 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Sidewinder x4 Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W 80+Bronze Aerocool Dead Silence m-atx Logitech g602 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Viva La'Value
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus Maximus Gene-Z MSI GTX 760 2gb 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Red edition 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel® SSD 320 Series Lite On DVD-R-RW Win 8.1 Yamakasi DS270 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Sidewinder x4 Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W 80+Bronze Aerocool Dead Silence m-atx Logitech g602 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4123 of 7108
I just got my system set up, and flashed from 706 to 902. Now all I get is a code 55 (memory not installed). I'm unable to even get into the bios. It boots up and goes straight to code 55. I've reset the memory numerous times, in different slots, using only 1 in the furthest slot. but still get the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z evga 560ti g.skill sniper 4x4gb ddr3-1600 1.25v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
crucial m4 256gb blu-ray combo H60 win 7 hp 
MonitorPowerCase
nec 20wmgx2 corsair tx550m silverstone tj08-e 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z evga 560ti g.skill sniper 4x4gb ddr3-1600 1.25v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
crucial m4 256gb blu-ray combo H60 win 7 hp 
MonitorPowerCase
nec 20wmgx2 corsair tx550m silverstone tj08-e 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4124 of 7108
I believe you can reflash the BIOS by booting to the included mobo CD.
"Night Fire"
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z eVGA GTX 570 Superclocked @ 850/1700/1990 G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Black 640 AALS Intel 520 Cherryville SSD 120gig *Thanks OCN!* Asus DRW-2014L1T Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M Viewsonic VX2025WM Saitek II Antec TruePower New 550w Antec mini P-180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech Mx518 IceMat X-Fi Titanium w/PAX drivers 
  hide details  
Reply
"Night Fire"
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z eVGA GTX 570 Superclocked @ 850/1700/1990 G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Black 640 AALS Intel 520 Cherryville SSD 120gig *Thanks OCN!* Asus DRW-2014L1T Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M Viewsonic VX2025WM Saitek II Antec TruePower New 550w Antec mini P-180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech Mx518 IceMat X-Fi Titanium w/PAX drivers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4125 of 7108
Just ordered a z68 Gene-z what memory runs well with it?
What should i do right off the bat?
Flash bios?
Plan on buying the waterblock for it also
post #4126 of 7108
i feel like i'm near to get out from the GENE-Z owners list.

this morning i receive my sticks of ram, 2700K and tried the WHOLE DAY to have a stable sistem NO-GO! .... i'm selling away the 2700K after seen that is a big piece of ****, intel you fake liars benchmarks showing 2700K doing 5ghz with 1.30v ...
post #4127 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3gaz_001 View Post
i feel like i'm near to get out from the GENE-Z owners list.

this morning i receive my sticks of ram, 2700K and tried the WHOLE DAY to have a stable sistem NO-GO! .... i'm selling away the 2700K after seen that is a big piece of ****, intel you fake liars benchmarks showing 2700K doing 5ghz with 1.30v ...
Wow. Where did you see that? Also, you know that Intel doesn't have to guarantee anything over the 3.5Ghz or whatever it is at stock hey? You are being an unreasonable consumer if you think Intel makes chips that will make it to 5.0Ghz at all.

See that is the problem with boards like the MIVGZ. They are cheap and "high end" at the same time. People who don't know what they are doing think that they can get the world out of the board in 15 minutes and then crap all over it when they don't get the results that they unrealistically think they're entitled to.
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4128 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovlazek View Post
See that is the problem with boards like the MIVGZ. They are cheap and "high end" at the same time. People who don't know what they are doing think that they can get the world out of the board in 15 minutes and then crap all over it when they don't get the results that they unrealistically think they're entitled to.
Well said
I've been telling friends that going to buy SB to get this board...
They look at me and say its small, they prefer having a half decent ATX over a decent Micro-ATX.
post #4129 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovlazek View Post
Wow. Where did you see that? Also, you know that Intel doesn't have to guarantee anything over the 3.5Ghz or whatever it is at stock hey? You are being an unreasonable consumer if you think Intel makes chips that will make it to 5.0Ghz at all.

See that is the problem with boards like the MIVGZ. They are cheap and "high end" at the same time. People who don't know what they are doing think that they can get the world out of the board in 15 minutes and then crap all over it when they don't get the results that they unrealistically think they're entitled to.
man, don't be more offensive than that... how dare you come and tell me " people who don't know what they are doing " ? this mainboard is cheap, yes, but it doesn't mean that isn't good, if so why did you buy it? you are just talking because your sistem works fine. my sistem since i powered it on, never worked fine, one of the two GTX560TI got k.o. still wondering how the **** did that happened..... mainbaord never worked as i wished to , now, after selling 2600K and sticks of rams, spent other money for getting 2700K and ram, i discovered that this 2700K is worst than my previous 2600K? c'mon .. how can i be happy about all this? i challenge anyone to be "happy" after having all this issues.
Edited by p3gaz_001 - 11/8/11 at 11:45am
post #4130 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3gaz_001 View Post
man, don't be more offensive than that... how dare you come and tell me " people who don't know what they are doing " ? this mainboard is cheap, yes, but it doesn't mean that isn't good, if so why did you buy it? you are just talking because your sistem works fine. my sistem since i powered it on, never worked fine, one of the two GTX560TI got k.o. still wondering how the **** did that happened..... mainbaord never worked as i wished to , now, after selling 2600K and sticks of rams, spent other money for getting 2700K and ram, i discovered that this 2700K is worst than my previous 2600K? c'mon .. how can i be happy about all this? i challenge anyone to be "happy" after having all this issues.
You shouldnt have sold your 2600k, the 2700k being cherry picked 2600k was just a rumor. Im sorry about the GPU and all the trouble you've gone through but dont blame it on Intel cause you read a rumor.
The i7 2600k and the i7 2700k are like the AMD 1090T and the 1100T.
Theres 100Mhz difference between them, when OC'ed is there any difference? Will the 1100T OC more than the 1090T? No.
The same seems to happen with the FX8120 and the FX8150.
I've sold Intel K CPU's with H61 mobos! They wont be OC'ed and never will be, the client just went after the hype and bought a K CPU, now taking the side of the customer that wont OC they know that the bigger the number the better and ofc the more it will cost. So putting a 2600k side by side with a 2700k and asking which 1 is better they will answer the 2700k is way better.
But we all know they the exact same thing with different stock clocks.

Since they dont know that they are equal and if they are trying to get the best for their e-peen they will buy the 2700k just cause if it costs more it has to be better and the numbers are bigger.
Edited by Tokkan - 11/8/11 at 12:02pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club