Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club - Page 414

post #4131 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3gaz_001 View Post
man, don't be more offensive than that... how dare you come and tell me " people who don't know what they are doing " ? this mainboard is cheap, yes, but it doesn't mean that isn't good, if so why did you buy it? you are just talking because your sistem works fine. my sistem since i powered it on, never worked fine, one of the two GTX560TI got k.o. still wondering how the **** did that happened..... mainbaord never worked as i wished to , now, after selling 2600K and sticks of rams, spent other money for getting 2700K and ram, i discovered that this 2700K is worst than my previous 2600K? c'mon .. how can i be happy about all this? i challenge anyone to be "happy" after having all this issues.
You can't blame the GTX560 issue on the motherboard. Or Asus for that matter (unless it was an Asus card). What did you wish the motherboard to do and how did it fail to live up to your expectations? I don't know anything about your RAM situation but the 2700k was better than the 2600k. 100Mhz stock clock better. Anything else is gravy that you didn't pay for. While I sympathize with your problems as I too have had problems with this board, to give up on it again after just rebuilding it this morning is ridiculous. Leave it be overnight, and approach it again with an empty head tomorrow. I'm not telling you to be happy with your problems. I am telling you to be patient and actually try go about solving the problem. Throwing money at it isn't a resolution.
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4132 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3gaz_001 View Post
man, don't be more offensive than that... how dare you come and tell me " people who don't know what they are doing " ? this mainboard is cheap, yes, but it doesn't mean that isn't good, if so why did you buy it? you are just talking because your sistem works fine. my sistem since i powered it on, never worked fine, one of the two GTX560TI got k.o. still wondering how the **** did that happened..... mainbaord never worked as i wished to , now, after selling 2600K and sticks of rams, spent other money for getting 2700K and ram, i discovered that this 2700K is worst than my previous 2600K? c'mon .. how can i be happy about all this? i challenge anyone to be "happy" after having all this issues.
You did make an assumption.
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Reply
Eysenck Box
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1600 Asus B350M-A XFX AMD Vega RX 64 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB Intel M.2 SSD Stock Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 27UD58 4K 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow (Cherry Blue) Corsair TX550 Silverstone TJ08-E Logitech G403 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4133 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovlazek View Post
You can't blame the GTX560 issue on the motherboard. Or Asus for that matter (unless it was an Asus card). What did you wish the motherboard to do and how did it fail to live up to your expectations? I don't know anything about your RAM situation but the 2700k was better than the 2600k. 100Mhz stock clock better. Anything else is gravy that you didn't pay for. While I sympathize with your problems as I too have had problems with this board, to give up on it again after just rebuilding it this morning is ridiculous. Leave it be overnight, and approach it again with an empty head tomorrow. I'm not telling you to be happy with your problems. I am telling you to be patient and actually try go about solving the problem. Throwing money at it isn't a resolution.
i appreciate your words! atm i just feel like dismantle every thing and keep my 1366 rig and go on with this... but, i'm going to fail ... that's not me.. so for now i'll go play BF3 on this 1366 rig that, since i built it it has never, never failed, even once!

i just want to forget what happened just 10 minutes after powering up the 1155 rig, since the 560TI came back today from RMA. well.... i'll write back in few days, just need to cool down!
post #4134 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3gaz_001 View Post
i appreciate your words! atm i just feel like dismantle every thing and keep my 1366 rig and go on with this... but, i'm going to fail ... that's not me.. so for now i'll go play BF3 on this 1366 rig that, since i built it it has never, never failed, even once!

i just want to forget what happened just 10 minutes after powering up the 1155 rig, since the 560TI came back today from RMA. well.... i'll write back in few days, just need to cool down!
Sorry. I apologize for snapping earlier. I just find that this is a hobby of patience and when I see people giving up (or threatening to give up) it just rubs me the wrong way. I do hope you can get your problems resolved and of course this is a good thread to go to for help.
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Occam's Razor
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 X58A-UD3R (Rev.2) Asus GTX 980 12GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 256GB Win 7 Pro 64-bit Asus VE276Q Ducky Shine 2 MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec TP 650W Fractal Define R3 Deathadder BE Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4135 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovlazek View Post
Sorry. I apologize for snapping earlier. I just find that this is a hobby of patience and when I see people giving up (or threatening to give up) it just rubs me the wrong way. I do hope you can get your problems resolved and of course this is a good thread to go to for help.
the fact is that... the sandy bridge OC & Co is still a new world for me, for example... i did not spent a quarter of the time and patienze,wich i spent to learn on 1366, and probably is my fault too, thinking to gain big results in a small short of time, forgetting that the first time i went on 1366 (coming from a 1090T)it wasn't a "walk to the park"
post #4136 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n View Post
I believe you can reflash the BIOS by booting to the included mobo CD.
I'm unable to do anything with it, the only thing that happens is it goes straight to the code 55. It came shipped with 0706 (which everything was ok), I then flashed to 0902 via the bios.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z evga 560ti g.skill sniper 4x4gb ddr3-1600 1.25v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
crucial m4 256gb blu-ray combo H60 win 7 hp 
MonitorPowerCase
nec 20wmgx2 corsair tx550m silverstone tj08-e 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z evga 560ti g.skill sniper 4x4gb ddr3-1600 1.25v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
crucial m4 256gb blu-ray combo H60 win 7 hp 
MonitorPowerCase
nec 20wmgx2 corsair tx550m silverstone tj08-e 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4137 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw33ter View Post
I'm unable to do anything with it, the only thing that happens is it goes straight to the code 55. It came shipped with 0706 (which everything was ok), I then flashed to 0902 via the bios.
Time to RMA the board or exchange it from where you bought it i'm afraid
"Night Fire"
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z eVGA GTX 570 Superclocked @ 850/1700/1990 G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Black 640 AALS Intel 520 Cherryville SSD 120gig *Thanks OCN!* Asus DRW-2014L1T Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M Viewsonic VX2025WM Saitek II Antec TruePower New 550w Antec mini P-180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech Mx518 IceMat X-Fi Titanium w/PAX drivers 
  hide details  
Reply
"Night Fire"
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z eVGA GTX 570 Superclocked @ 850/1700/1990 G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Black 640 AALS Intel 520 Cherryville SSD 120gig *Thanks OCN!* Asus DRW-2014L1T Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M Viewsonic VX2025WM Saitek II Antec TruePower New 550w Antec mini P-180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech Mx518 IceMat X-Fi Titanium w/PAX drivers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4138 of 7108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw33ter View Post
I'm unable to do anything with it, the only thing that happens is it goes straight to the code 55. It came shipped with 0706 (which everything was ok), I then flashed to 0902 via the bios.
I'd go onto the Asus ROG Forum and try and see if you can't get some advice from one of the TeamROG guys ... Raja, Mason, or Brian ... at the very least that's also the place you'd want to go to start up an ADVANCE RMA, so they'd send you a replacement before waiting to recieve and figure out what's wrong with your board.

Link's on the FRONT PAGE under ...


>>> HELP & ASSISTANCE <<<


ASUS Republic Of Gamers Forums
Raja@ASUS = ROG Forums, TeamROG Moderator - North America
Brian@ASUS = ROG Forums, Senior Marketing Specialist - Republic of Gamers, USA, Fremont
Mason@ASUS = ROG Forums, ASUS representative - California
Gary Key@ASUS = ROG Forums, Technical Marketing Manager - Texas


New ASUS Republic of Gamers - USA & Canada Warranty/RMA Guide, by Mason@Asus

Good Luck
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4139 of 7108
Just picked up an Asus GTX 580 DCII.

Now my GPU will finally match the board!
5 GHz SFF Box
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-2700K @ 5.0 GHz, 1.38V Asus Maximus IV GENE Asus GTX 670 DC II 4x4GB Samsung 30nm @ DDR3-2133 9-9-9-21 1.5V 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor M3 SSD WD Velociraptor 500GB WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermalright HR-02 (GT AP-15 Push/Pull) Windows 7 Pro x64 LG 27" 2560x1440 S-IPS (Calibrated with Eye-One) CM Quickfire Rapid 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-750 Silverstone SG09 Logitech MX518 Steelseries QcK 
Audio
Asus Xonar DX + Shure SRH840 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-3570K Gigabyte H61N-USB3 Mini-ITX 2x4GB Samsung 30nm DDR3 Samsung 830 128GB SSD 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Scorpio Blue 500GB Win 7 Pro x64 Antec 90W DC-DC/Delta power brick Antec ISK 110 
  hide details  
Reply
5 GHz SFF Box
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-2700K @ 5.0 GHz, 1.38V Asus Maximus IV GENE Asus GTX 670 DC II 4x4GB Samsung 30nm @ DDR3-2133 9-9-9-21 1.5V 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor M3 SSD WD Velociraptor 500GB WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermalright HR-02 (GT AP-15 Push/Pull) Windows 7 Pro x64 LG 27" 2560x1440 S-IPS (Calibrated with Eye-One) CM Quickfire Rapid 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-750 Silverstone SG09 Logitech MX518 Steelseries QcK 
Audio
Asus Xonar DX + Shure SRH840 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-3570K Gigabyte H61N-USB3 Mini-ITX 2x4GB Samsung 30nm DDR3 Samsung 830 128GB SSD 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Scorpio Blue 500GB Win 7 Pro x64 Antec 90W DC-DC/Delta power brick Antec ISK 110 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4140 of 7108
I have decided I want this to be my next board, Is waiting for the Gen3 really needed, what will I gain, and is there any more info on a release date?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS P8Z68-V 560 ti hawk Corsair Vengence Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB WD  Corsair SSD 80GB 24x CDRW Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home ASUS VW246H G15 OCZ ZT-750 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 500R Razer Naga ProMedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS P8Z68-V 560 ti hawk Corsair Vengence Low Profile 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2TB WD  Corsair SSD 80GB 24x CDRW Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home ASUS VW246H G15 OCZ ZT-750 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 500R Razer Naga ProMedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club