Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club - Page 491

post #4901 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by iZihbO View Post

I'm not sure if someone's asked this before, but for some reason my system goes slow at - a point I'm not even sure of... It seems random, but for all I know it might be a program triggering it. I don't actually notice it while in windows and photoshop and stuff, the problem becomes noticeable when I play games. My framerates are cut in half - if not more. To confirm it, I usually load up Furmark and if its lower than 99 fps (@ 720p preset) then I know "it's happened again".
Only way to solve it is to reboot the system.
Could this be some sorta "turbo mode won't wake up" issue? Perhaps something I can fix in bios? I haven't actually done alot of research on my own issue to be honest with you guys, I'm lazy! I've just rebooted and my problem was gone, so... Hoping this is a known issue and has an easy fix.
Thanks for your time =)

Xmm sounds like a throttling problem...download realtemp and check your temps while stress testing with furmark...

Also it maybe your vga card overheating so download msi afterburner and check temps again.

Please update your system info and tell us what vga card you have.

Do you have any flash content playing on the background (open browser) while using furmark or while gaming?
Edited by ISON - 1/11/12 at 9:55pm
ISON PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700K MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/GEN3 Radeon HD 6970 Corsair  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Intel 160gb ssd postville g2 (main disk) + Inte... Sony Blu Ray Recorder Corsair h80 (stock fans) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 professional 64-bit Dell u2711 + ergotron mx wall mount Microsoft sidewinder x5 Corsair ax 1200 
CaseMouseAudio
Lian Li x1000 Logitech g9 Creative x-fi (built in) 
  hide details  
Reply
ISON PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700K MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/GEN3 Radeon HD 6970 Corsair  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Intel 160gb ssd postville g2 (main disk) + Inte... Sony Blu Ray Recorder Corsair h80 (stock fans) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 professional 64-bit Dell u2711 + ergotron mx wall mount Microsoft sidewinder x5 Corsair ax 1200 
CaseMouseAudio
Lian Li x1000 Logitech g9 Creative x-fi (built in) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4902 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISON View Post

Xmm sounds like a throttling problem...download realtemp and check your temps while stress testing with furmark...
Also it maybe your vga card overheating so download msi afterburner and check temps again.
Please update your system info and tell us what vga card you have.
Do you have any flash content playing on the background (open browser) while using furmark or while gaming?

I've edited my "rig" but it's not showing up underneath like it does for everyone else. I'm guessing it needs to be enabled somewhere?

Anyway, my temperatures are all low. My CPU (i7 2700K 3.5GHz, stock speed) is cooled off with a Corsair H100 and my GPU (ATI HD5970, 2-in-1 crossfire card) is cooled off with an Arctic cooler.

CPU idle: 29c
CPU max: 55c 'ish

GPU idle: 29c
GPU max: 55c 'ish (yes, both cpu and gpu have almost the same temperatures)

I'm using Youtube alot for my (weird taste of) music, but when I'm gaming it's not actually playing anything in the background. Youtube might be in opened in a tab somewhere in Firefox, but not playing.

EDIT: Turbo-thingie is enabled in bios by the way - so it's going from 1.6GHz to 3.9GHz when needed. (click for screenshots)

EDIT2: I'm gonna keep running CPU-Z now and see if it's stuck @ 1.6GHz after a while.
Edited by iZihbO - 1/12/12 at 2:31am
Sucker for Asus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700K ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z ATI HD5970 CORSAIR VENGEANCE QUAD 1600MHZ CL9 (4X4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Raptor WD 1TB Black Edition Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VW246H Standard Microsoft crap =D Antech 750W COOLERMASTER Case Midi Tower 690 
MouseAudio
Logitech MX518 Creative Soundblaster X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
Sucker for Asus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700K ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z ATI HD5970 CORSAIR VENGEANCE QUAD 1600MHZ CL9 (4X4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Raptor WD 1TB Black Edition Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VW246H Standard Microsoft crap =D Antech 750W COOLERMASTER Case Midi Tower 690 
MouseAudio
Logitech MX518 Creative Soundblaster X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4903 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by iZihbO View Post

I've edited my "rig" but it's not showing up underneath like it does for everyone else. I'm guessing it needs to be enabled somewhere?
Anyway, my temperatures are all low. My CPU (i7 2700K 3.5GHz, stock speed) is cooled off with a Corsair H100 and my GPU (ATI HD5970, 2-in-1 crossfire card) is cooled off with an Arctic cooler.
CPU idle: 29c
CPU max: 55c 'ish
GPU idle: 29c
GPU max: 55c 'ish (yes, both cpu and gpu have almost the same temperatures)
I'm using Youtube alot for my (weird taste of) music, but when I'm gaming it's not actually playing anything in the background. Youtube might be in opened in a tab somewhere in Firefox, but not playing.
EDIT: Turbo-thingie is enabled in bios by the way - so it's going from 1.6GHz to 3.9GHz when needed. (click for screenshots)
EDIT2: I'm gonna keep running CPU-Z now and see if it's stuck @ 1.6GHz after a while.

Xmm try going to firefox options-->advanced-->untick hardware acceleration...see if that helps out

For the rig to appear you must enable it in signature options
ISON PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700K MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/GEN3 Radeon HD 6970 Corsair  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Intel 160gb ssd postville g2 (main disk) + Inte... Sony Blu Ray Recorder Corsair h80 (stock fans) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 professional 64-bit Dell u2711 + ergotron mx wall mount Microsoft sidewinder x5 Corsair ax 1200 
CaseMouseAudio
Lian Li x1000 Logitech g9 Creative x-fi (built in) 
  hide details  
Reply
ISON PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700K MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/GEN3 Radeon HD 6970 Corsair  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Intel 160gb ssd postville g2 (main disk) + Inte... Sony Blu Ray Recorder Corsair h80 (stock fans) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 professional 64-bit Dell u2711 + ergotron mx wall mount Microsoft sidewinder x5 Corsair ax 1200 
CaseMouseAudio
Lian Li x1000 Logitech g9 Creative x-fi (built in) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4904 of 7108
Thanks, it seems to be showing my rig now biggrin.gif

And I was paying attention to my GHz with CPU-Z. And I just did a random Furmark test and I was getting half the framerate again (both GPU's are working, you clearly see within Furmark as the temperature rise on both GPU's). CPU-Z was also throttling to 3.9GHz... So now I'm clueless as to why performance is dropping - and I'm forced to reboot.

Bios? Disable Turbo?
Sucker for Asus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700K ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z ATI HD5970 CORSAIR VENGEANCE QUAD 1600MHZ CL9 (4X4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Raptor WD 1TB Black Edition Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VW246H Standard Microsoft crap =D Antech 750W COOLERMASTER Case Midi Tower 690 
MouseAudio
Logitech MX518 Creative Soundblaster X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
Sucker for Asus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700K ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z ATI HD5970 CORSAIR VENGEANCE QUAD 1600MHZ CL9 (4X4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Raptor WD 1TB Black Edition Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VW246H Standard Microsoft crap =D Antech 750W COOLERMASTER Case Midi Tower 690 
MouseAudio
Logitech MX518 Creative Soundblaster X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4905 of 7108
got everything up and running..

first time with a Micro board, have to say am really impressed with this little guy...

OCing has never been so easy! wow.. just hit 'extreme' and let the presets do the rest.. running at 4.4gz (cpu) while my ram is running at 1685..

it wanted to go higher, or at least try.. but this is more then enough IMO.. its a gaming rig, and i dont know of any game that needs a CPU running at 5.0gz to play it wink.gif


one question i had, if anyone knows.. software came with Creative SB.. i installed it.. but under 'MANAGE' my sound device is running the generic HD Audio- is this normal? or do i need to disable something in BIOS so that Creative is the primary Sound???

thanks for any input..

(also i filled out my RIG info.. but am not seeing it my signature ??? )

Peace OUt.. thumb.gif
HAF-X
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68  EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) HD ... CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 S... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC064MAG Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLHX 300GB 1... Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLHX 300GB 1... ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus WIN7 x64BIT ASUS|LED 24" 2MS VE248Q R Logitech G19  
PowerCaseMouseAudio
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RSA00-80GA... COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942 Logitech Mx518 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
HAF-X
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68  EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) HD ... CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 S... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC064MAG Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLHX 300GB 1... Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLHX 300GB 1... ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus WIN7 x64BIT ASUS|LED 24" 2MS VE248Q R Logitech G19  
PowerCaseMouseAudio
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RSA00-80GA... COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942 Logitech Mx518 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4906 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISON View Post

For the rig to appear you must enable it in signature options
Sucker for Asus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700K ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z ATI HD5970 CORSAIR VENGEANCE QUAD 1600MHZ CL9 (4X4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Raptor WD 1TB Black Edition Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VW246H Standard Microsoft crap =D Antech 750W COOLERMASTER Case Midi Tower 690 
MouseAudio
Logitech MX518 Creative Soundblaster X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
Sucker for Asus
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2700K ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z ATI HD5970 CORSAIR VENGEANCE QUAD 1600MHZ CL9 (4X4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Raptor WD 1TB Black Edition Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VW246H Standard Microsoft crap =D Antech 750W COOLERMASTER Case Midi Tower 690 
MouseAudio
Logitech MX518 Creative Soundblaster X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4907 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by iZihbO View Post


think i got it.. thanks...
HAF-X
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68  EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) HD ... CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 S... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC064MAG Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLHX 300GB 1... Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLHX 300GB 1... ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus WIN7 x64BIT ASUS|LED 24" 2MS VE248Q R Logitech G19  
PowerCaseMouseAudio
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RSA00-80GA... COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942 Logitech Mx518 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
HAF-X
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68  EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) HD ... CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 S... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC064MAG Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLHX 300GB 1... Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLHX 300GB 1... ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus WIN7 x64BIT ASUS|LED 24" 2MS VE248Q R Logitech G19  
PowerCaseMouseAudio
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RSA00-80GA... COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942 Logitech Mx518 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4908 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by iZihbO View Post

I'm not sure if someone's asked this before, but for some reason my system goes slow at - a point I'm not even sure of... It seems random, but for all I know it might be a program triggering it. I don't actually notice it while in windows and photoshop and stuff, the problem becomes noticeable when I play games. My framerates are cut in half - if not more. To confirm it, I usually load up Furmark and if its lower than 99 fps (@ 720p preset) then I know "it's happened again".

Only way to solve it is to reboot the system.

Could this be some sorta "turbo mode won't wake up" issue? Perhaps something I can fix in bios? I haven't actually done alot of research on my own issue to be honest with you guys, I'm lazy! I've just rebooted and my problem was gone, so... Hoping this is a known issue and has an easy fix.

Thanks for your time =)

Sounds like two of your cores are shutting down. To verify, open task manager and run prime95 and see if it loads all 8'threads. If it only loads every other thread, then ht is shutting off. If it only loads the first four threads, then the last two cores are shutting down.

I had a similar issue and had to load bios defaults and start my oc over again.
Stripe
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Maximus IV GENE-Z NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 SSD Western Digital Black 2TB  Liteon BD-R Corsair H60 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair 750AX Fractal Design Define R3 
MouseAudio
Logitech Marble track man  Onboard and Mbox2 
  hide details  
Reply
Stripe
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Maximus IV GENE-Z NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 SSD Western Digital Black 2TB  Liteon BD-R Corsair H60 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair 750AX Fractal Design Define R3 
MouseAudio
Logitech Marble track man  Onboard and Mbox2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4909 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrYpT Loki View Post

got everything up and running..

first time with a Micro board, have to say am really impressed with this little guy...

OCing has never been so easy! wow.. just hit 'extreme' and let the presets do the rest.. running at 4.4gz (cpu) while my ram is running at 1685..

it wanted to go higher, or at least try.. but this is more then enough IMO.. its a gaming rig, and i dont know of any game that needs a CPU running at 5.0gz to play it wink.gif


one question i had, if anyone knows.. software came with Creative SB.. i installed it.. but under 'MANAGE' my sound device is running the generic HD Audio- is this normal? or do i need to disable something in BIOS so that Creative is the primary Sound???

thanks for any input..

(also i filled out my RIG info.. but am not seeing it my signature ??? )

Peace OUt.. thumb.gif

The creative software included only emulates sound blaster hardware (eax and a few other features). I was upset about that as well. No dts:connect or DDL over optical. Why asus decided to skimp on that is beyond me as mobos from MSI and gigabyte have dts connect and DDL.

Your actual Audio interface is a Realtek chip. Download the latest Realtek drivers for win7 and you'll be fine.

Let's see what you can push your rig up to!
Stripe
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Maximus IV GENE-Z NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 SSD Western Digital Black 2TB  Liteon BD-R Corsair H60 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair 750AX Fractal Design Define R3 
MouseAudio
Logitech Marble track man  Onboard and Mbox2 
  hide details  
Reply
Stripe
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Maximus IV GENE-Z NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 SSD Western Digital Black 2TB  Liteon BD-R Corsair H60 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair 750AX Fractal Design Define R3 
MouseAudio
Logitech Marble track man  Onboard and Mbox2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4910 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by iZihbO View Post

Thanks, it seems to be showing my rig now biggrin.gif

And I was paying attention to my GHz with CPU-Z. And I just did a random Furmark test and I was getting half the framerate again (both GPU's are working, you clearly see within Furmark as the temperature rise on both GPU's). CPU-Z was also throttling to 3.9GHz... So now I'm clueless as to why performance is dropping - and I'm forced to reboot.

Bios? Disable Turbo?

If you're seeing throttling it means your CPU is either over volting or over temps.
Run ibt for 10 passes and let us know your max temps. Monitor the threads in use via taskmanager or what I use is a windows 7 CPU monitor gadget. (much easier to read than task manager. )
Edited by djgizmo - 1/12/12 at 11:40am
Stripe
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Maximus IV GENE-Z NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 SSD Western Digital Black 2TB  Liteon BD-R Corsair H60 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair 750AX Fractal Design Define R3 
MouseAudio
Logitech Marble track man  Onboard and Mbox2 
  hide details  
Reply
Stripe
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Maximus IV GENE-Z NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 SSD Western Digital Black 2TB  Liteon BD-R Corsair H60 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair 750AX Fractal Design Define R3 
MouseAudio
Logitech Marble track man  Onboard and Mbox2 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club