Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club - Page 618

post #6171 of 7108
A year in this club, and the mobo is still working perfect in 24/7 smile.gif
I just throw in a new VGA:
White Borg Cube
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k ASUS Maximus VIII Gene GTX 1070 FE 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red LPX 2666 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE SSD Samsung 850Pro 256GB WD Red None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U9S Win10 64bit Panasonic 50GT60 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W Corsair Air 240 Logitech G900 Func 1030L2 
AudioAudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence STU HD598 Mackie MR5 MK3 
  hide details  
Reply
White Borg Cube
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k ASUS Maximus VIII Gene GTX 1070 FE 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red LPX 2666 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE SSD Samsung 850Pro 256GB WD Red None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U9S Win10 64bit Panasonic 50GT60 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W Corsair Air 240 Logitech G900 Func 1030L2 
AudioAudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence STU HD598 Mackie MR5 MK3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6172 of 7108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocutusH View Post
A year in this club, and the mobo is still working perfect in 24/7 smile.gif
 

 

Me too ...

 

and as much as I hate to admit it ... but then again maybe it's a good leason to SOME here rolleyes.gif

 

 ... I'm STILL running on the Original 0208 factory BIOS that came with it redface.gif HA !   thumb.gif

   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6173 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Kings_Fan View Post

Me too ...

and as much as I hate to admit it ... but then again maybe it's a good leason to SOME here rolleyes.gif

 ... I'm STILL running on the Original 0208 factory BIOS that came with it redface.gif  HA !   thumb.gif

If it ain't broke..thumbsupsmiley.png

btw, what thermal paste would you recommend? ..my toothpaste is empty.
Edited by SortOfGrim - 7/28/12 at 5:55pm
post #6174 of 7108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

btw, what thermal paste would you recommend? ..my toothpaste is empty.

I'm no expert on it smile.gif ... maybe some others will give you their advice ... but,

 

I've used Arctic silver 5 it's supposedly the best for the money, most bang for the buck. tongue.gif

 

I liked the Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound that came with my Heat-Sink & Fans thumb.gif


Liquid pro's liquid metal is suppose to be slightly better but costs twice as much as the Arctic silver 5 ? 2cents.gif I'm too cheap to buy it tongue.gif

 

also supposedly  good high end TIM's ...   Dow Corning 5026, TIM Consultants Matrix II, Prolimatech PK-1, Shin-Etsu Microsi X-23-7868.

   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6175 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

If it ain't broke..thumbsupsmiley.png
btw, what thermal paste would you recommend? ..my toothpaste is empty.

I use shin etsu x23 7783d, its one of the top ones out without costing an arm and a leg. I have used AS5 before and it wasnt bad, I loved the cost and its easy to apply, shin etsu is a little thicker and doesnt spread as easily but when I switched to shin etsu from as5 I saw temp drop by about 3c or so on my then amd 1100T at 4244mhz. I was pretty happy with it so have stuck with it.

If you go for as5 for the cost, be aware there is a break/burn in period, they claim 200 heat cycles I believe but about 2-3weeks you will notice temps go down maybe 2c from initial install. Its been almost two years since I have used as5 but thats about what I remember.

Either one you chose enjoy and just do a good aplication and you will be fine

Oh and Im about 6-8months in with this mobo, overclocked the cpu since I have had it and no problems ever. This mobo has seen a 2500k, 3570k, and now currently a 2700k and all those cpu's have at least been at 4.8ghz biggrin.gif
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6176 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Kings_Fan View Post

Me too ...

and as much as I hate to admit it ... but then again maybe it's a good leason to SOME here rolleyes.gif

 ... I'm STILL running on the Original 0208 factory BIOS that came with it redface.gif  HA !   thumb.gif

Same good old bios here smile.gif
White Borg Cube
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k ASUS Maximus VIII Gene GTX 1070 FE 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red LPX 2666 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE SSD Samsung 850Pro 256GB WD Red None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U9S Win10 64bit Panasonic 50GT60 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W Corsair Air 240 Logitech G900 Func 1030L2 
AudioAudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence STU HD598 Mackie MR5 MK3 
  hide details  
Reply
White Borg Cube
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k ASUS Maximus VIII Gene GTX 1070 FE 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red LPX 2666 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE SSD Samsung 850Pro 256GB WD Red None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U9S Win10 64bit Panasonic 50GT60 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W Corsair Air 240 Logitech G900 Func 1030L2 
AudioAudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence STU HD598 Mackie MR5 MK3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6177 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Kings_Fan View Post

I'm no expert on it smile.gif  ... maybe some others will give you their advice ... but,

I've used Arctic silver 5 it's supposedly the best for the money, most bang for the buck. tongue.gif

I liked the Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound that came with my Heat-Sink & Fans thumb.gif

Liquid pro's liquid metal is suppose to be slightly better but costs twice as much as the Arctic silver 5 ? 2cents.gif  I'm too cheap to buy it tongue.gif

also supposedly  good high end TIM's ...   Dow Corning 5026, TIM Consultants Matrix II, Prolimatech PK-1, Shin-Etsu Microsi X-23-7868.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66racer View Post

I use shin etsu x23 7783d, its one of the top ones out without costing an arm and a leg. I have used AS5 before and it wasnt bad, I loved the cost and its easy to apply, shin etsu is a little thicker and doesnt spread as easily but when I switched to shin etsu from as5 I saw temp drop by about 3c or so on my then amd 1100T at 4244mhz. I was pretty happy with it so have stuck with it.
If you go for as5 for the cost, be aware there is a break/burn in period, they claim 200 heat cycles I believe but about 2-3weeks you will notice temps go down maybe 2c from initial install. Its been almost two years since I have used as5 but thats about what I remember.
Either one you chose enjoy and just do a good aplication and you will be fine
Oh and Im about 6-8months in with this mobo, overclocked the cpu since I have had it and no problems ever. This mobo has seen a 2500k, 3570k, and now currently a 2700k and all those cpu's have at least been at 4.8ghz biggrin.gif

thx! It seems my local shop has got tons (or is it liters) of Artic Silver 5, so I bought that.

@66racer What have you done with the 'old' processors? And what made you go from a 3570k to a 2700k?
post #6178 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

thx! It seems my local shop has got tons (or is it liters) of Artic Silver 5, so I bought that.
@66racer What have you done with the 'old' processors? And what made you go from a 3570k to a 2700k?

I sold them each time to upgrade to the next one, I just enjoy messing with different components, never needed to upgrade, it was just for fun.
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
2014 nerd box evo
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1100T x6 4244mhz 3065cpu-nb (fx8150 at 4.9g... Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus gtx570 dcII- 890/1780/2200@1088mv corsair dominator gt 8GB 1866 @1886 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
corsair f120ssd/seagate 1TB Asus cd/dvd burner Antec Kuhler 920 semi-custom loop (2 radiators) win7 professional 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Gateway 23" 1920x1080 corsair ax850 Rosewill blackhawk w/hdd bay mod logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6179 of 7108
Hardware Secrets: Thermal Compound Roundup - February 2012

Maybe you should try out mayonnaise?? biggrin.gif

Desktop
(19 items)
 
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K ASUS Maximus VI GENE EVGA GTX 770 SC w/Titan Cooler Corsair Vengeance LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Blue Western Digital RE WD2000FYYZ 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS BC-08B1LT BD-ROM Spire Thermax Eclipse II Windows 8 Professional x64 Samsung SyncMaster 2494HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MaxKeyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair RM650 Fully Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply Lian Li PC-V600FX Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G602 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Omega S Cambridge Soundworks FPS Logitech G930 7.1 Gaming Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-3220 Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI Zotac GTX 750 Ti, Low Profile, Single Slot Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
HGST Travelstar 1TB 7200 rpm  OCZ ARC100 256GB LG CT10N Blu-Ray Reader Zalman CNPS2X 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Vantec IceberQ 4 Windows 10 Standard 64-bit Logitech G410 Atlas Antec 150W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec ISK 310-150 Logitech G502 Proteus Logitech G430 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(19 items)
 
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K ASUS Maximus VI GENE EVGA GTX 770 SC w/Titan Cooler Corsair Vengeance LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Blue Western Digital RE WD2000FYYZ 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS BC-08B1LT BD-ROM Spire Thermax Eclipse II Windows 8 Professional x64 Samsung SyncMaster 2494HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MaxKeyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair RM650 Fully Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply Lian Li PC-V600FX Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G602 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Omega S Cambridge Soundworks FPS Logitech G930 7.1 Gaming Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-3220 Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI Zotac GTX 750 Ti, Low Profile, Single Slot Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
HGST Travelstar 1TB 7200 rpm  OCZ ARC100 256GB LG CT10N Blu-Ray Reader Zalman CNPS2X 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Vantec IceberQ 4 Windows 10 Standard 64-bit Logitech G410 Atlas Antec 150W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec ISK 310-150 Logitech G502 Proteus Logitech G430 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6180 of 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpritchett View Post

Hardware Secrets: Thermal Compound Roundup - February 2012
Maybe you should try out mayonnaise?? biggrin.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

lachen.gif Should I add some ketchup?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club