Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › EK Supreme HF Inlet/Outlet position
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EK Supreme HF Inlet/Outlet position

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Is there any reason the Inlet side shouldn't be on the right side, by rotating the CPU water block 180 degrees, other than having the lettering upside down?
(See attached photo)
I want to bring the inlet hose from a RX360 radiator, which is in the front of my case, into the right side of the CPU water block, out the left hand side of the CPU block going out the back of the case into a RX240 radiator, back into the case and into the GPU water blocks.

Thanks in advance smile.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 4.76MHz Asus Maximus IV Extreme 3 x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB 8Gb G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3-1600 F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ 240 GB Vertex 3 SATA III 6.0 Gb-s SSD LITE-ON Blu-ray Burner with 3D Windows 7 Pro 64bit Apple Cinema Display 30" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 CoolerMaster HAF X Logitech G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 4.76MHz Asus Maximus IV Extreme 3 x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB 8Gb G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3-1600 F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ 240 GB Vertex 3 SATA III 6.0 Gb-s SSD LITE-ON Blu-ray Burner with 3D Windows 7 Pro 64bit Apple Cinema Display 30" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 CoolerMaster HAF X Logitech G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkeritis;13337261 
Is there any reason the Inlet side shouldn't be on the right side, by rotating the CPU water block 180 degrees, other than having the lettering upside down?
(See attached photo)
I want to bring the inlet hose from a RX360 radiator, which is in the front of my case, into the right side of the CPU water block, out the left hand side of the CPU block going out the back of the case into a RX240 radiator, back into the case and into the GPU water blocks.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

As long as you use the fitting closer to the centre as the Inlet, it is OK.
It should not matter if you rotate it 180 degrees. In other words, the pic below is still good, performance wise. It is just, as you said, that the logo is upside down.
post #3 of 6
Yea, that's what I did on mine, no problems.
Monster
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K Z77MA-G45 GTX 580 G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 4x4GB 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Vertex 4 ASUS VE276Q CM Storm Quickfire Cherry Red MX AX 860i 
CaseMouse
SG09 Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K Z77MA-G45 GTX 580 G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 4x4GB 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Vertex 4 ASUS VE276Q CM Storm Quickfire Cherry Red MX AX 860i 
CaseMouse
SG09 Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 6
As long as the water flows into the center hole there is no issue if the outlet is at any orientation. The jet-plate is in the center of the block and thus you will want the water to flow through the jet-plate around the block and exiting from either side I rotated my block 180 to that the outlet hole was closer to my rad. Posted a link to the pic of my rig.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/arksniper/IMAG0028.jpg
Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz Asus Rampage III Extreme ATI Radeon HD 5970 6 GB Corsair Dominator Tri-Channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32 GB OCZ SSD, 2x 150 GB WD Velociraptor 10000 rpm Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 2x Acer AL1622W Cyborg Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
850 W Corsair Modular Cool Master HAF 932 Logitec MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz Asus Rampage III Extreme ATI Radeon HD 5970 6 GB Corsair Dominator Tri-Channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32 GB OCZ SSD, 2x 150 GB WD Velociraptor 10000 rpm Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 2x Acer AL1622W Cyborg Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
850 W Corsair Modular Cool Master HAF 932 Logitec MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfire;13337540 
As long as you use the fitting closer to the centre as the Inlet, it is OK.
It should not matter if you rotate it 180 degrees. In other words, the pic below is still good, performance wise. It is just, as you said, that the logo is upside down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherintherye;13337566 
Yea, that's what I did on mine, no problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksniper;13337877 
As long as the water flows into the center hole there is no issue if the outlet is at any orientation. The jet-plate is in the center of the block and thus you will want the water to flow through the jet-plate around the block and exiting from either side I rotated my block 180 to that the outlet hole was closer to my rad. Posted a link to the pic of my rig.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/arksniper/IMAG0028.jpg

Thanks for responding guys. cheers.gif
So, based off of this info, I can put the water block in any position without any repercussions as long as I don't change the position of the jet plate? Meaning that the jet plate is perpendicular and not parallel with the inlet/outlet holes.
(see attached photos)
If that's the case then I will probably mount the block with the inlet being on top and the outlet being on the bottom. I am using http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12090/ex-tub-742/Bitspower_G14_Matte_Black_Dual_Rotary_45-Degree_Compression_Fitting_CC5_For_ID_12_OD_34_Tube_BP-MB45R2CPF-CC5.html?tl=g30c409s1320#blank thumbsupsmiley.png

Thanks again and a build log will follow sometime this week. Waiting for a couple more fittings to arrive
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 4.76MHz Asus Maximus IV Extreme 3 x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB 8Gb G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3-1600 F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ 240 GB Vertex 3 SATA III 6.0 Gb-s SSD LITE-ON Blu-ray Burner with 3D Windows 7 Pro 64bit Apple Cinema Display 30" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 CoolerMaster HAF X Logitech G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 4.76MHz Asus Maximus IV Extreme 3 x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB 8Gb G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3-1600 F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ 240 GB Vertex 3 SATA III 6.0 Gb-s SSD LITE-ON Blu-ray Burner with 3D Windows 7 Pro 64bit Apple Cinema Display 30" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 CoolerMaster HAF X Logitech G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 6
It can be upside down, sideways, etc. Just as long as the water going into the block goes to the inlet and the water coming out the outlet.
It's in pieces
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-970@4.4 EVGA Classified3 5870x3 Corsair Dom 12gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Everything on 201tb nas nothing Koolance CPU-370 hwlabs sr-1 420 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
hwlabs gtx120 hwlabs gts 360 xflow ek fc5870 nickel+acetalx3 changes 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
crap model m, 6gv2, k95, wasd, code v2, model f Changes MM 
MouseMouse PadOther
mionix avior 7000 zowie g25 wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
It's in pieces
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-970@4.4 EVGA Classified3 5870x3 Corsair Dom 12gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Everything on 201tb nas nothing Koolance CPU-370 hwlabs sr-1 420 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
hwlabs gtx120 hwlabs gts 360 xflow ek fc5870 nickel+acetalx3 changes 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
crap model m, 6gv2, k95, wasd, code v2, model f Changes MM 
MouseMouse PadOther
mionix avior 7000 zowie g25 wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › EK Supreme HF Inlet/Outlet position