Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › crossfire
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

crossfire

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
hi everyone new to this site and im not much of a hands on pc'er as of yet but i do know a little im trying to crossfire my 5870's and for some werd reason it's enabled but it dosnt show both cards in my ati engine control i was just wondering if i could get a little help with this thanks.
post #2 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgbubba View Post
hi everyone new to this site and im not much of a hands on pc'er as of yet but i do know a little im trying to crossfire my 5870's and for some werd reason it's enabled but it dosnt show both cards in my ati engine control i was just wondering if i could get a little help with this thanks.
did you make sure that the "crossfirex" box was checked and enabled in your CCC settings?
post #3 of 13
Welcome to OCN you should Check if you Crossfire bridge is connected properly this is a common issue
Vision Black
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3.2Ghz 24/7 ASRock 870 Extreme 3 HIS ATI Radeon 6870 Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333 2x2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200 500Gb+WD Caviar Green 500gb Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Viewsonic 19" VA912 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Low-profile / Dell OEM KB CoolerMaster Extreme Power Plus 650W Antec One Hundred Razer Lachesis @3500dpi 500Hz ultrapolling 
Mouse Pad
None ?? Does it matter 
  hide details  
Reply
Vision Black
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3.2Ghz 24/7 ASRock 870 Extreme 3 HIS ATI Radeon 6870 Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333 2x2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 7200 500Gb+WD Caviar Green 500gb Samsung Super Writemaster Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Viewsonic 19" VA912 5ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Low-profile / Dell OEM KB CoolerMaster Extreme Power Plus 650W Antec One Hundred Razer Lachesis @3500dpi 500Hz ultrapolling 
Mouse Pad
None ?? Does it matter 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFox View Post
did you make sure that the "crossfirex" box was checked and enabled in your CCC settings?
yes it is the only reason im trying to crossfire is my fps rates dropped to 5 to 10 in wow where before cata they were 75 and never dropped
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgbubba View Post
yes it is the only reason im trying to crossfire is my fps rates dropped to 5 to 10 in wow where before cata they were 75 and never dropped
yea i did check that they are connected thanks
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgbubba View Post
yes it is the only reason im trying to crossfire is my fps rates dropped to 5 to 10 in wow where before cata they were 75 and never dropped
jees thats quite a signifigant drop from a single expansion.. especialy for a 5870, that is a beast of a card that should be able to plow through world of warcraft without remorse.

Im sorry i dont know what else i can do to help, but i dont think your GPU is at fault for your loss of frames in wow
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgbubba View Post
yea i did check that they are connected thanks
my system is a crosshair iv formula 8gig of ram 1000w power suply 2 5870s 1 gig 256 bit raptor 10,000rpm hdwith the in win dragon rider case im just out of clues to why this is not working.i have been trying to fix this for 3 weeks now
post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFox View Post
jees thats quite a signifigant drop from a single expansion.. especialy for a 5870, that is a beast of a card that should be able to plow through world of warcraft without remorse.

Im sorry i dont know what else i can do to help, but i dont think your GPU is at fault for your loss of frames in wow
yes i know that why i bought the second card im at a loss as well
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFox View Post
jees thats quite a signifigant drop from a single expansion.. especialy for a 5870, that is a beast of a card that should be able to plow through world of warcraft without remorse.

Im sorry i dont know what else i can do to help, but i dont think your GPU is at fault for your loss of frames in wow
not if AA is stuck on in CCC
Core 2 Haf
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q9550 ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wifi-AP GTX 480 Kingston HyperX DDR3 KHX1600C9D3K2/8G 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY 1333 55gb, 320Gb, 500GB, 1TB Hyper 212 EVO Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Lubuntu 13.04 x64 OS X 10.8.5 TX750 Haf 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Core 2 Haf
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q9550 ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wifi-AP GTX 480 Kingston HyperX DDR3 KHX1600C9D3K2/8G 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY 1333 55gb, 320Gb, 500GB, 1TB Hyper 212 EVO Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Lubuntu 13.04 x64 OS X 10.8.5 TX750 Haf 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by judgbubba View Post
yes i know that why i bought the second card im at a loss as well
o and im running the 3.4 quad core and it checked out fine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › crossfire