Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Phenom II ..Worth it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phenom II ..Worth it? - Page 5

post #41 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Santana View Post
Just to give you an idea of DDR3 vs DDR2:
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/17...e/index11.html

I think that if you can find a cpu cheap (like 80 euros or something) then go ahead and upgrade now and leave the mobo and everything else alone.

I wouldn't buy a brand new full price cpu with bulldozer right around the corner though. As soon as it comes out people are going to be selling off their old equipment and retail prices are going to drop on older stuff as well.

You may end up spending 100 euros on something that will only cost 65 in a month.
Yeah, i definitly would of thought there was much more of a difference between dd2 & 3 aswell myself.

Im more then happy to keep my current board and just get new ddr2 ram with the 955 tbh if i can get away with it (mainly because atm im using 2x2gb and 2x older 1gb modules which are OC'd to match the newer ones, im looking for nice performance for emulation mostly tbh, id be an rpg gamer mostly and theres a lack of good ones for pc lately so iv been using dolphin and pcsx2 to relive a few that i played when i was younger, but running into cpu bottlenecking
Edited by Asmodean - 5/1/11 at 7:52am
post #42 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodean View Post
Yeah, i definitly would of thought there was much more of a difference between dd2 & 3 aswell myself.

Im more then happy to keep my current board and just get new ddr2 ram with the 955 tbh if i can get away with it (mainly because atm im using 2x2gb and 2x older 1gb modules which are OC'd to match the newer ones, im looking for nice performance for emulation mostly tbh, id be an rpg gamer mostly and theres a lack of good ones for pc lately so iv been using dolphin and pcsx2 to relive a few that i played when i was younger, but running into cpu bottlenecking
if u like older setup than go for second hand on adverts...
otherwise you will end up with paying alot when u can get better in month time.

i wanted to go for SB but ill wait for Buldo to see comparisons on it...
SubZero
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 6600k maximus viii hero Asus Strix RX 480 Corsair 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Corsair H55i Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 HP 23xi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Isku Corsair CX 750M Corsair 300R Roccat Kiro 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Taito 
  hide details  
Reply
SubZero
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 6600k maximus viii hero Asus Strix RX 480 Corsair 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Corsair H55i Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 HP 23xi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Isku Corsair CX 750M Corsair 300R Roccat Kiro 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Taito 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 49
Thread Starter 
post #44 of 49
as abudget pc its great... i mean, look at those prices...
u will [ay for whole setup around 400e..
nice...
btw how much is post to ireland

on dabs:
that hdd 74e
phenom 114
mobo 114
as for memory... take 1600 or even 2000mhz
Edited by Erper - 5/2/11 at 7:27am
SubZero
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 6600k maximus viii hero Asus Strix RX 480 Corsair 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Corsair H55i Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 HP 23xi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Isku Corsair CX 750M Corsair 300R Roccat Kiro 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Taito 
  hide details  
Reply
SubZero
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 6600k maximus viii hero Asus Strix RX 480 Corsair 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Corsair H55i Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 HP 23xi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Isku Corsair CX 750M Corsair 300R Roccat Kiro 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Taito 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 49
Thread Starter 
Got the whole lot for €320 including P&P
Thanks for the feedback man.

Edit, bought the HDD the other day, so forgot about that, that makes it 400 euro even in total.
post #46 of 49
Thread Starter 
Not sure if i should upgrade the PSU aswell though, i mean, it hasn't given me any trouble yet, but i have it near 2 years now, what do ye think? if so, maybe a ref? Thanks

Hoping to maybe get the 955 to 3.6ish, seeing as iv got the hybrid water cooling and the new board. i wouldn't be a pro overclocker, so id be happy with 3.6 lol
Edited by Asmodean - 5/2/11 at 7:06am
post #47 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodean View Post
Not sure if i should upgrade the PSU aswell though, i mean, it hasn't given me any trouble yet, but i have it near 2 years now, what do ye think? if so, maybe a ref? Thanks

Hoping to maybe get the 955 to 3.6ish, seeing as iv got the hybrid water cooling and the new board. i wouldn't be a pro overclocker, so id be happy with 3.6 lol
yea, I think your psu should be fine. The 955 shouldn't be much more of a loan than your currenct cpu unless you do a heavy overclock. I like your build, but with the next gerenation cpu coming out so soon I would try to hold off a month. I don't expect that you will save that much. I would buy the cpu and see how that works with your board and then figure out if you want to upgrade ram/motheboard. Just my 2 cents.
Edited by scaz - 5/2/11 at 7:31am
post #48 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodean View Post
Got the whole lot for €320 including P&P
Thanks for the feedback man.

Edit, bought the HDD the other day, so forgot about that, that makes it 400 euro even in total.
on dabs u would get around 30e cheaper
SubZero
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 6600k maximus viii hero Asus Strix RX 480 Corsair 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Corsair H55i Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 HP 23xi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Isku Corsair CX 750M Corsair 300R Roccat Kiro 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Taito 
  hide details  
Reply
SubZero
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 6600k maximus viii hero Asus Strix RX 480 Corsair 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Corsair H55i Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 HP 23xi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Isku Corsair CX 750M Corsair 300R Roccat Kiro 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Taito 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodean View Post
I don't mind a few quro difference tbh mate, as iv an account with amazon and im used to buying there ( force of habbit lol)



I know, id be better with a new board, and i still might, just a bit cautious switching board over compatibility issues etc, haven't done it before.
Your bigger problem would be that because Microsoft doesn't Believe that swapping your motherboard is a small change, and will cause your copy to be de-activated and stay that way.

Just pointing that out.
Dorianime
(15 items)
 
School Rig
(5 items)
 
 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Clevo W120HNM/w170HN GT540M Samsung Seagate Momentus 
OS
Windows 7 ultimate 
  hide details  
Reply
Dorianime
(15 items)
 
School Rig
(5 items)
 
 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Clevo W120HNM/w170HN GT540M Samsung Seagate Momentus 
OS
Windows 7 ultimate 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Phenom II ..Worth it?