THIS IS THE OFFICIAL TW2 THREAD. THAT MEANS EVERYTHING ABOUT TW2 GOES HERE. PLEASE POST ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH TW2 IN THIS THREAD TO AVOID DOZENS OF THREADS WITH DOZENS OF QUESTIONS THAT CAN EASILY BE ANSWERED BY READING THROUGH THIS THREAD!
OCN has a Steam Group for TW FRANCHISE. Join it!
About the game:
The second installment in the RPG saga about the Witcher, Geralt of Rivia, features a thoroughly engrossing, mature storyline defining new standards for thought-provoking, non-linear game narration. In addition to an epic story, the game features an original, brutal combat system that uniquely combines tactical elements with dynamic action. A new, modern game engine, responsible both for beautiful visuals and sophisticated game mechanics puts players in the most lively and believable world ever created in an RPG game. A captivating story, dynamic combat system, beautiful graphics, and everything else that made the original Witcher such a great game are now executed in a much more advanced and sophisticated way.
Title: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium Edition
Developer: CD Projekt RED
Publisher: CD Projekt RED
Release Date: May 17, 2011
Languages: English*, German*, French*, Italian, Spanish
*languages with full audio support
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
GRAB THE DLC HERE.
Blood and Gore
Strong Sexual Content
Use of Drugs
Buy the game on Steam, or buy it on GOG.
Known issues/bugs at this time (I will put a line through the issues/bugs that have been FIXED):
- No 16:10 support.
- Game will not launch (stuck on Steam launcher).
- Cannot install extra content on Steam.
Originally Posted by ReadMe
- Playing .avi and other movie files on your system before launching the game may corrupt game graphics (new nVidia drivers will fix this issue). After playing such files, you should restart your computer before launching the game.
-Disable anti-aliasing on AMD video cards before launching the game. This hardware feature currently conflicts with the game’s anti-alias settings.
- AMD still needs to add a profile for The Witcher 2 to the driver for its Crossfire chipsets. Until this occurs, you may experience reverse performance scalability on systems equipped with this chipset. If this occurs, it is recommended that you disable one of the GPUs on your system. We will post information on a fix for this issue at thewitcher.com/support FAQ as soon as AMD provides one.
- Some AMD cards may not allow you to play the game in fullscreen mode.
- The game may occasionally take longer than expected to launch (about 45 seconds on average).
- After installation, you might encounter an error about a missing .dll file. If this occurs, please run vcredist_x86.exe from the Disk2 directory.
- We advise that you de-activate any anti-virus software prior to beginning the installation process. If you fail to do so, please be sure to authorize the download and installation of any files the software detects as corrupted during installation.
-Occasionally, CPUs may not be detected correctly when using the auto-detect feature in the configuration tool.
- A very random input block might occur when using bombs, during dynamic fistfights, and with some interactions. If you encounter this issue, please load a previous game save.
Possible fixes at this time for Steam Launcher issue:
Re-verify game files, try re-launching.
Try disabling anti virus, it's possible it is detecting the EXE as a false positive.
Try running the game in a lower resolution with Windows Mode rather than Full Screen.
Possible fixes at this time for the inability to install extra content on Steam:
Restart Steam and run as administrator.
Q: What is UberSampling and should I enable or disable it to improve performance?:
|Ubersampling: high quality rendering mode under which whole scenes are rendered multiple times to provide the best possible textures, object details and anti-aliasing (superior to anti-alias and anisotropy even on the highest settings). Use with caution, only on top-end computers (best possible in terms of both GPU and CPU).|
A: My Documents/Witcher 2/gamesaves