Originally Posted by Genzel
I'm going to read some reviews, but how close to the original's is the combat system. The system in Witcher 1 bugged me. Need to finish the game. I'm only 4 hours in.
I'm only a little bit in but it seems like they have streamlined the combat a bit:
- the timing system seems to be gone completely
- you still have your silver and steel swords but fast style is now mapped to left click and strong style is mapped to right click (I believe you have to put points into swordsmanship to unlock group moves)
- Q casts your currently selected sign and you can now hold E to actively block/parry attacks (you can unlock a counter attack ability
- you can still dodge roll by double tapping a directional key or hitting space while moving in a direction
- combat seems slower and more realistic, Geralt seems to do less crazy ninja acrobatics
I might just be out of practice but the combat seems harder than the first. Groups on enemies can be pretty tough when you can't switch on group style and start attacking them all at once. It could just be that I only have a few skills unlocked as well. There is also an adrenaline mechanic and finisher moves that I haven't unlocked as well.