Originally Posted by Behemoth777
Protecting your investment = makes sense.
But z68 boards won't have the same chipset issue as the first p67 boards, they worked out that issue already. And I would say 95% of people won't have a need for z68, a poll I started shows about 50% of people want the features of z68 over p67.
I'm not really protecting my investment, I've waited 2 years to upgrade from Core2Duo, I'd have no trouble waiting an extra month, it just didn't make any sense to do so.
Obviously it won't be the same issue, but it wasn't the first and definitely not the last problem that affected new hardware.
If I was to originally build my rig in 2 months or so, I'd most likely go for the Z68 as well (as long as the price is reasonable) for the same reason why people buy i7 2600k over i5 2500k for gaming - because it's nice to have the possibility to use additional features (HT), even if you will never use it.