Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Gfx Card help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gfx Card help - Page 3

post #21 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p3r View Post
If you decide to buy a new graphics card I would go with a new, reliable PSU also.

But as far as the watt goes, you don't need anymore than 500W for the 5850.
It only pulls around 175W, and your CPU 125W at most. So, in theory, you don't need a new PSU nor more watt. But I would prefer a more stable one, if I were to buy a new graphics card.

It your PSU fries, it may take one or more component(s) with it. That would be the worst case.
i see. idk man. id the psu fails what happends?
post #22 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioSandoval View Post
i see. idk man. id the psu fails what happends?
If your psu fails theres a good chance it will fry your components.
I is bad@naming
(21 items)
 
Up and running!!
(27 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black edition Powercolor 7870 PCS+ Sapphire 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb 2133mhz G.Skill Sniper  Kingston SSD Western Digital R4 Seagate Barracuda 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK Supremacy acetyl/Nickel XSPC EX240 Phobya DC-12 400 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 23.5" Corsair K70 Antec True Power Quattro 850w Coolermaster Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Schiit Magni Schiit Modi 
Audio
Hifiman HE-400 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Asrock Extreme 6 Z77 PowerColor 7870 PCS+ MYST Corsair Vengeance 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance 30gb Kingston SSD 500gb seagate Western Digital R4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda Lite-on 18x Danger Den TDX XSPC EX240 
CoolingOSOSOS
Phobya DC12-400 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Windows 8 pro 64bit Ubuntu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus VH236H Acer V203W Logitech Business class Antec Truepower Quattro 850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster Storm trooper Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK MOH edition Audio-Technica AD-700 
AudioAudioOther
Creative Soundblaster z Sony XB-800 Logysis white cold cathodes 
  hide details  
Reply
I is bad@naming
(21 items)
 
Up and running!!
(27 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black edition Powercolor 7870 PCS+ Sapphire 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb 2133mhz G.Skill Sniper  Kingston SSD Western Digital R4 Seagate Barracuda 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK Supremacy acetyl/Nickel XSPC EX240 Phobya DC-12 400 Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 23.5" Corsair K70 Antec True Power Quattro 850w Coolermaster Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Schiit Magni Schiit Modi 
Audio
Hifiman HE-400 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Asrock Extreme 6 Z77 PowerColor 7870 PCS+ MYST Corsair Vengeance 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance 30gb Kingston SSD 500gb seagate Western Digital R4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda Lite-on 18x Danger Den TDX XSPC EX240 
CoolingOSOSOS
Phobya DC12-400 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Windows 8 pro 64bit Ubuntu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus VH236H Acer V203W Logitech Business class Antec Truepower Quattro 850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster Storm trooper Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK MOH edition Audio-Technica AD-700 
AudioAudioOther
Creative Soundblaster z Sony XB-800 Logysis white cold cathodes 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbmjhk6 View Post
If your psu fails theres a good chance it will fry your components.
Yeah, exactly ^
It would really suck.

We can help you find a good, cheap PSU.
The
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
The
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
post #24 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p3r View Post
Yeah, exactly ^
It would really suck.

We can help you find a good, cheap PSU.
i have one picked out but i cant afford it right now and i really need a new gfx card.
post #25 of 35
Thread Starter 
Also, the 6 pin is it a straight 6 connector or does it look like a "6pack"
post #26 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioSandoval View Post
Also, the 6 pin is it a straight 6 connector or does it look like a "6pack"
LoL, more like a 6-pack ^^

I suppose you can still buy the graphics card and use it for a while. Or just have it lying around till you get the cash for a new PSU. The Sapphire 5850 is soon to be out of stock, they are very limited and being ripped away.

A decent PSU would be around $35-$50.
The
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
The
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
post #27 of 35
The 5770 is a pretty good card and yes both of those parts will work together.
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asrock p67 extreme4 gen3 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Corsair 8 GB  
Hard DriveCoolingCase
M4 128 GB 212+ evo  Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asrock p67 extreme4 gen3 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Corsair 8 GB  
Hard DriveCoolingCase
M4 128 GB 212+ evo  Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p3r View Post
LoL, more like a 6-pack ^^

I suppose you can still buy the graphics card and use it for a while. Or just have it lying around till you get the cash for a new PSU. The Sapphire 5850 is soon to be out of stock, they are very limited and being ripped away.

A decent PSU would be around $35-$50.




^^6 pack i was talking about^^


i figured id show you guys these.
post #29 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioSandoval View Post
^^6 pack i was talking about^^


i figured id show you guys these.
Thanks. Yeah, that's the one. You'll need two of those, but there are adapters (molex to PCI-e(6packs)) included with the HD 5850. So you should be good, if you just use one of them with your regular PCI-e cable on your PSU.

I checked your PSU, and actually, it should be alright. I would certainly recommend buying a better one to replace it in the near future just in case it decides to blow up ..
The reviews of it are acceptable. For now, that is.

You should go for the graphics card while it's in stock. It has a lot more power than the 5770.
The
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
The
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
post #30 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p3r View Post
Thanks. Yeah, that's the one. You'll need two of those, but there are adapters (molex to PCI-e(6packs)) included with the HD 5850. So you should be good, if you just use one of them with your regular PCI-e cable on your PSU.

I checked your PSU, and actually, it should be alright. I would certainly recommend buying a better one to replace it in the near future just in case it decides to blow up ..
The reviews of it are acceptable. For now, that is.

You should go for the graphics card while it's in stock. It has a lot more power than the 5770.
i think im still gonna go with the 5770. why do you want me to get it so bad? haha. would that gfx card work with my mobo?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Gfx Card help