Originally Posted by K10
I have the desire to get a new SSD in the future and put my OCZ Vertex 2 60GB in my laptop. I'm not in any hurry to do so but do you folks know of a good time to wait for SSD prices to maybe go down or performance to go up and whatnot?
Wait until the end of the year until the new manufacturing process SSD's tech stabilizes and prices go down while capacities go up.
For now, and by looking at your system, I'd say you're pretty alright. If you really have this "itch" to put your current SSD in your laptop, that's perfectly understandable tough
If you don't have "the itch", I'd go for a second HD6850 for a perfect gaming system. And /or a bigger monitor for gaming. Like a 26'/27' or 30'. You could keep your current 22' for web browsing and general work.