Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Is this pump enough?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is this pump enough?

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Is this pump enough for a CPU block, GPU block, and a 360 rad?

By enough, I mean enough--not "enough with some headroom in case you want some upgrades"

If it isn't enough I'm screwed.
post #2 of 24
Yes it is but it's not the greatest pump tbh

Comps
post #3 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiasian View Post
Is this pump enough for a CPU block, GPU block, and a 360 rad?

By enough, I mean enough--not "enough with some headroom in case you want some upgrades"

If it isn't enough I'm screwed.
Yes, it will run your setup. Its the one included in the popular Rasa kits. I had this pump running through an ek supreme hf, ek Rampage mb block, 3x ek gtx 470 blocks, and an xspc rx360. If you are planning to add more water stuff then you might want to consider another pump like the Laing DDC & D5, and the Jingway 1200.
post #4 of 24
Thread Starter 
What makes other pumps superior to this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post
Yes, it will run your setup. Its the one included in the popular Rasa kits. I had this pump running through an ek supreme hf, ek Rampage mb block, 3x ek gtx 470 blocks, and an xspc rx360. If you are planning to add more water stuff then you might want to consider another pump like the Laing DDC & D5, and the Jingway 1200.
Did I read that correctly?
How was the flow rate in that setup?
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiasian View Post
What makes other pumps superior to this one?



Did I read that correctly?
How was the flow rate in that setup?
its the head pressure that you want to consider. Flow for this pump is ~750 lph but its got ok pressure @ 1.8 meters. When you start adding more blocks, rads, and angled fittings, you are increasing the restriction so another pump makes more sense since they have better head pressure. My DDC 3.2 has ~ +4.5m and its ideal for my setup. I would never put the xspc x20-750 pump w/ my current setup. It would have choked and croaked sooner or later. Plus, going w/ the aforementioned ones allows you the option to run accessories or custom setups. This pump is limited as its a built into the reservoir. Trust me, if you have plans to expand your water setup, get a different pump. If not, this pump will be ok.

-wermad
Edited by wermad - 5/3/11 at 6:37pm
post #6 of 24
That pump is enough for the loop ur goin to have..im running rasa block , koolance full mobo block and ek fc6870...flow rate is pretty good....
Edited by Havoknova - 5/3/11 at 6:17pm
HAVOK NAKED BISH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090t 4.2ghz at 1.48v.. Asus crosshair IV extreme xfx6870 patriot viper extreme 1600 (2X4) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750 7200rpm HDD... dvd/bluray Windows 7 64bit 1x24 inch hp , 2x23 acer eyefinity setup 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
sidewinder x6 Corsair HX850 DD torture rack w/ 3x360 rad stand Razer mamba 
Mouse Pad
normal pads 
  hide details  
Reply
HAVOK NAKED BISH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090t 4.2ghz at 1.48v.. Asus crosshair IV extreme xfx6870 patriot viper extreme 1600 (2X4) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750 7200rpm HDD... dvd/bluray Windows 7 64bit 1x24 inch hp , 2x23 acer eyefinity setup 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
sidewinder x6 Corsair HX850 DD torture rack w/ 3x360 rad stand Razer mamba 
Mouse Pad
normal pads 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 24
Thread Starter 
I see...

Do you think this pump can accomodate for a second GPU block? Or is that asking for too much?
post #8 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiasian View Post
I see...

Do you think this pump can accomodate for a second GPU block? Or is that asking for too much?
Safe flow rate for my experience is 3 blocks...more than 3 blocks u goin to need a stronger pump..i believe tgis pump can handle 3 block with safe flow rate and safe pressure...
HAVOK NAKED BISH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090t 4.2ghz at 1.48v.. Asus crosshair IV extreme xfx6870 patriot viper extreme 1600 (2X4) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750 7200rpm HDD... dvd/bluray Windows 7 64bit 1x24 inch hp , 2x23 acer eyefinity setup 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
sidewinder x6 Corsair HX850 DD torture rack w/ 3x360 rad stand Razer mamba 
Mouse Pad
normal pads 
  hide details  
Reply
HAVOK NAKED BISH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090t 4.2ghz at 1.48v.. Asus crosshair IV extreme xfx6870 patriot viper extreme 1600 (2X4) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750 7200rpm HDD... dvd/bluray Windows 7 64bit 1x24 inch hp , 2x23 acer eyefinity setup 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
sidewinder x6 Corsair HX850 DD torture rack w/ 3x360 rad stand Razer mamba 
Mouse Pad
normal pads 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 24
Looks good. But I would just get the XSPC RX360 Rasa kit. That way, you get some free **** with it all, and I think you save some cash.

I would, however, replace the XSPC Rasa GPU waterblock, and replace it with something less restrictive like the EK VGA Supreme HF... I think that pump might struggle.



The again, just because it's very restrictive doesn't mean it doesn't compete with the other waterblocks! All 5 of those waterblocks (cept the 210) actually performed within 3C of eachother.
I would just spend the $10 and get a EK VGA Supreme HF. But the XSPC GPU Rasa would work too I guess.
Neutrality
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-7700K ASUS Z170‑K EVGA 980ti w/ EK WB 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x OZC Arc 100 240GB, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,... EK Supremacy EVO + Alphacool UT60 240mm/360mm +... Windows 10 24" Asus VG248QE 144hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Quickfire Pro MX Black Corsair HX750 Modified HAF 932 Zowie FK1 
AudioAudio
Audio Technica AD700 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Neutrality
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-7700K ASUS Z170‑K EVGA 980ti w/ EK WB 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x OZC Arc 100 240GB, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,... EK Supremacy EVO + Alphacool UT60 240mm/360mm +... Windows 10 24" Asus VG248QE 144hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Quickfire Pro MX Black Corsair HX750 Modified HAF 932 Zowie FK1 
AudioAudio
Audio Technica AD700 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buska103 View Post
Looks good. But I would just get the XSPC RX360 Rasa kit. That way, you get some free **** with it all, and I think you save some cash.

I would, however, replace the XSPC Rasa GPU waterblock, and replace it with something less restrictive like the EK VGA Supreme HF... I think that pump might struggle.



The again, just because it's very restrictive doesn't mean it doesn't compete with the other waterblocks! All 5 of those waterblocks (cept the 210) actually performed within 3C of eachother.
I would just spend the $10 and get a EK VGA Supreme HF. But the XSPC GPU Rasa would work too I guess.
I will put some consideration into that.
I'm just trying to make this loop as low-budget as possible.

From the reviews I've seen, the XSPC actually fairs singificantly better than all the other blocks in that graph. The one that came ahead of the XSPC was the EK VGA Supreme HF P4 (or something like that). IIRC the standard EK VGA Supreme HF came in about 5c higher than the XSPC.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Is this pump enough?