Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Act Now or Wait 2 Months?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Act Now or Wait 2 Months? - Page 2

post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
ahhhh i dont think i was too clear in my posts haha.
i want to keep things simple right now but still keep my options open in the future so if i do decide to overclock, its available to me.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Sabertooth P67 Asus GTX 570 Corsair Vengence 8gb 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB Samsung DVD Windows Ultimate Samsung 24" 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750 V2 NZXT Phantom 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Sabertooth P67 Asus GTX 570 Corsair Vengence 8gb 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB Samsung DVD Windows Ultimate Samsung 24" 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750 V2 NZXT Phantom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 14
How far into the future are we looking at?

You have to remember that as time passes new technologies are released and with that increases in overclocking and performance can be met.

So it eventually comes down to how much do you want to spend, right now, while keeping in mind that current systems will become obsolete over time. =]
Verde [WIP]
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.5gHz w/ HT ASUS P8P67 Pro Gigabyte 460GTX OC 8gB Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung F3 1tB [RAID1] + WD Green 2tB [RAID5] Windows 7 [x64] Acer 24" [1920x1200] MX 5500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850W CM 690 II Adv [Modded] Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
Verde [WIP]
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.5gHz w/ HT ASUS P8P67 Pro Gigabyte 460GTX OC 8gB Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung F3 1tB [RAID1] + WD Green 2tB [RAID5] Windows 7 [x64] Acer 24" [1920x1200] MX 5500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850W CM 690 II Adv [Modded] Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 14
Hold off until the summer.
That way, you'll be able to focus on school and see what Bulldozer has to offer.
post #14 of 14
Or you could wait and see how the bulldozer does then decide.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Act Now or Wait 2 Months?